Hi all. Hope your all doing well. I, alongside many other people after seeing DDA announcement am hyped to the heaven of heavens.

Bear in mind that everyone is different and have there own views and opinions on certain matters, this isn't a debate thread but more post what you would like to see and not see thread.
So please don't post about other peoples suggestions. This thread is purely for providing information to the Devs about what we want/don't want in DDA.

What I want

1. +4 hero swapping.

To be able to hot-swap between more than 4 heroes during the build phase as in DD2 I used a lot of different heroes to build. Only having 4 heroes to swap during battle is fine by me.

2. Increased Level cap

To give the feel of progression I like to see the Level cap go beyond 50. Just something to keep players happy whilst leveling up and grinding for the gear.

3. Better customizing.

I like to be able to change the color of my hero's outfit and even mix and match different outfits and being able to change my core as well.

What I don't want.

1. SUPER RNG

RNG I was ok within DD2, it keeps me playing but when Gilded shards became a thing I found that RNG got a bit too much and even then stuff that is tied to progression that requires a lot of luck should have a fall back system. Like 10 tokens will get you this item.

2. NO LOOT £$ Boxes

Never been a fan of loot boxes that cost money. I don't mind them if you get them in the game as I'm not losing anything on it. But the ones that cost £$ I despise despite having stuff I want in it. What really put me off Loot boxes was the fact you could easily open 20 boxes and get tonnes of dupes and pathetic items you can get easily in normal gameplay means. If you are going to put loot boxes in I recommend putting in Loot box only items and again tokens to ensure that eventually, we'll get what we want.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I would really like to see rating systems and some sort of incentivization for getting higher ratings. Orcs Must Die Unchained (RIP) did this fairly enjoyably, you could challenge yourself to get a star rating based on time (and maybe deaths?) it took to complete the map. The stars could either unlock harder modes with better gear drops or the star totals could be used to purchase some sort of visual thing like different outfits or tavern related stuff. I liked it in OMDU because it incentivized running maps repeatedly to get better ratings.

As far as things I don't want to see? I think you pretty much covered it haha

Posted (edited)

Hmmm, great thread. Too many ideas to get them all in one post, so here is a snapshot of what is floating around in my heard right now...

What i want:

1) WAY MORE trophies and achievements. I mean, like 10-20X more. This game should have just ridiculous amounts of trophies to get that make the game hard and/or fun. One of the biggest flaws IMO about DD1 and DD2 was the lack of support in this area. This game needs a platinum on PS. 

2) better item management. I feel like DD2 was a long experiment in how to and not to handle inventory. Some things were great ideas, such as the materials vault, and others were huge fails - shards... A cohesive unified idea from the get go will help in this dramatically. This franchise is loot heavy. Know this going into the design of the next one. We like to play for hours on end, straight through. What many of us hate - having to stop every 3 maps to dig through loot. some ideas - Auto sell features, sort by things like mod/mod level, more vaults or stacking of some items. 

3) Better Ascension Point usage. I love the AP idea, but we should NEVER EVER EVER have unused points. Ever. Always have a bucket to toss points into. Each unused point is extremely insulting to me. That is my hard work doing absolutely nothing for me. Why did i spend the time to gain a level that just sits there....? Makes me not want to gain levels. 

4) a reason for power. DD2 was short on an end game mode that made all of the power we were building really worth all that time. Need some uber game mode that only really hardcore players can access, and it always a challenge. A level that scales to the stats of the highest player would be a great idea. Never a free ride then. 

5) pets and stats on them that matter. Pets that are based entirely on building help. Pets that do odd and different fun things. 

6) reasons or bonuses to help lower players. Give us a good reason to go play a lower level and help someone else out. Encourage multiplayer at every opportunity. 

7) revamped tower stat items. I liked the idea of shards, but it came down to the same issue over and over again - only about 3-4 shards really mattered, as they made the best power. All the rest sat on the sidelines. Have a way for us to focus on power, yes - but also leave room for passive customization at the same time. Let me add passives without loosing my range/power/rate. Know right now that we will all focus on max power - so how can you do that, but still have fun with that tower at the same time. 

8) the ability to change the order my heroes display in the menu. 

9) More BIG bosses on harder modes. Why was Betsy never on C7???? Or Harbinger? The Dragon from DD1's last stage was way better in this regard. 

10) DDA on PS4!!!!!!!

What i don't want:

1) any kind of reset mechanic. Bury that idea next to Scruffy in the back yard. Support your local collector instead  ;  )    

2) Dark Assassins, Cyborks, Kobolts, Rollers, or the Drakenlord. 

3) Game elements that force us to have have one MOD or shard on every hero...just in case (i.e. Burning Strikes for Drakenlord). 

4) to play so much of the game by myself...was very lonely in DD2. 

5) tons of "exclusive content" that none of us will ever get to play with. More inclusion!!!!! I want it hard to obtain, but an equal chance, not something that only happened in one event, held 5 years ago - and you will never got to play so you will never get the items. 

6) player market. I had fun with buying and selling, to a degree, but i felt it was a huge time suck for what i got out of it. Rather be playing the game. It was the fact you had to be in the room with the same person to use their market that was the fail for me. 

7) Incursion maps that are one difficulty only. If we cannot play it on the hardest setting - it is doomed to be obsolete so quickly. 

i think that is plenty for now. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 5

Love these threads.  Keep it up!

So what I'm really hearing... is only Dark Assassin and Sharken waves... yesss.  Got it.
giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 2

Besides DD2 Graphics on the Characters, I'd love to be able to scale the UI, thats one thing that I hate alot in DD2...if there are too many different enemies in 1 Portal, the description goes out of my screen and I cant read the..idk what its called..Control Burn for example :D

• Like 1

The music - don't change a  god dammed note!

Instanced Loot - I have mixed feelings on this, on the one hand i like that loot cant be stolen, but then i loved DD1 loot and that danger. Hope you're having in depth discussions on this!

Leaderboards - they need to be policed for hacker scores and cleaned as appropriate.

Talking of hacking - I really hope you can implement some server side checks etc, or what ever the tech solution is, also does the block chain tech you made for DD2 help prevent fake loot / hacks?

Pets  - as mentioned, they need to be powerful #megachicken etc. seeing that bird do its magic and is so awesome, please make them great again :)

I jumped on to DD1 for the recent event (super fun map / run btw), i then played some pugs and oh my - the mob desynch, low frames killed the nostalgia for me; i really hope this things are completely gone from DDA.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's my hopes for DD2:

• Less RNG on hopeful loot drops and more RNG on the perfect drop of a specific item.  DD1 did this fairly well, but having a place to go for a sweet gun and farming that for the best stats would at least give some hope.  DD2 has recently added some items like this.
  • Expanded gear/hero customization.  While I like DD1, I do feel that passives and shards on DD2 added far more options when customizing a hero.
  • Summoner from DD1.  The Abyss Lord is ok, but nowhere close.
  • Achievement based collectibles, like pets and tavern customization items.  It was always fun to show off accomplishments to friends and this is missing in DD2.
  • More linear progression than DD1.  Anyone who has tried the Nightmare transition for the first time without outside help knows what I'm talking about.
  • Skins, skins and more skins.  Loved that a lot of these were achievement based as well.
  • Pets, pets and more pets.  Pets in DD1 actually meant something.  They were varied, had interesting mechanics, and gave a variety of stats.  In DD2 they are basically an extra ability and nothing more.
  • Individualized loot.  DD2 has the right idea.  This makes public games more enjoyable.

Have to add one more:

• For the love of all this is Dungeon Defenders, please stick to one currency in game.  Having Wyvern Tokens, Gold, Defender Medals, Chaos Shards, Carnival Tickets, etc. is just too much.
Edited by gotrunks712
  • Like 5

What I want:

A system that works as the Fountain in the game Heroes of Hammerwatch, where you can get different buffs and debuffs to your playthrough, and tipping the scale to either side costs some sort of currency (If tipped in favour of the players), or increased exp and gold gain (If tipped against the players). If you added some ingame currency (as a drop or completition bonus or something alike), and some way to limit this scale, I think this feature could at a lot to the game. i.e. Buff: "[Insert enemy type here] wont spawn on this map" (X points), but at the same time the Debuff "Enemies deal Y% increased magic damage" (2X points).

This would give the players really hard magic enemies, and one typ that wont spawn, but that type may have been a weak physical enemy, and thus the scale tips against the players, awarding them with, as an example, Z% more exp and higher chance of increased item level of drops.

I think you get the idea.

What I dont want

Fake-difficulty (a.k.a. just increasing numbers on everything both loot and enemies, and call that difficulty increase). You've done a good job so far, and I believe you can do it even better. Increasing difficulty should challenge the way people build, think and play, and in DD2 for example, this was achieved by introducing very different enemies with different abilities and so on.

• Like 1

I'd really like to see DD1 with updated textures but no changes to the art style.  Even those DD2 style explosions in your WIP GIFs gave got to go.  :)  I'd also like the music and sounds to be the same where possible.  The original music/sounds were amazing IMO.

I actually like the RNG for the most part but I did think it was a tad much when you finally got an Ult+ or Ult++ piece and it was basically useless because it was a DPS piece that was missing a resists or it had neither tower damage or hero damage.  

I also think it would be nice to reward players for using less DU/MU.  Having that provide a boost to the loot quality calculations seems like a nice idea to me.

• Like 2

1 - Massive story

2 - Game modes game modes game modes, sure story is cool but give us play modes that we can just hop into and play.

3 - A meaningful grind “In DD2 we grind for motes, tokens and shards = boring, In DDA give us a grind that’s rewarding, say like armor sets like Word of Warcraft tier armor set with a 2 piece and 4 piece set bonus and weapon sets. Let the things like motes, tokens and shards come to the player naturally.

Add new tier sets every 6 months or so?

4 – bring in rewarding play, set in points in the game that are very hard to get past but then reward that player with something that fits the challenge

5 – If you do anything like ancient power and onslaught, make them go together so that an ancient power reset will make you godlike, but onslaught always is a challenge still

• Like 5

iam a little bit mor simplistic i just want that all is not so confusing *ehm* DD2 *ehm* and i dont want microtransitions

• Like 1

What I want.

Part 2!

1.Better daily quest system

A system where you can choose what quest you want and it has different rewards and we can choose up to 3 daily.

2. DD2 build n ability mana system

I dont want..

DD2 DA....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wanted :

• Defenses and Heroes customization like DD2. Shards/Mods are great tools to makes your characters/defenses unique, there is and will still be meta builds like the dps/nuke monk, but if you want to play a jack of all trades/master of nothing Monk with some ability power and  hero damage you simply can, same goes for defenses, there's some shards and mods that allow the players to do some changes to how a defense works, or more likely adds some bonus that make you use em more efficiently in differents situations Ballista with Splody Harpoons make em even better at fighting big clusters of mobs while making em less efficient for handling large health pools mobs due to a shard slot being used for an AoE setup). (That's where it comes in confrontation with DD1/the progression where a defense is basically already designed to do a precise job and her efficiency is all defined by your raw defenses stats. But thats Tr... Chromatic Games, they know how to do games right). This in pair with the stats progression from DD1 could make some insanely ridiculous things happen :^)
  • If there is any kind of mod/shards/spheres/whatever to customize things, i want A TONS OF EM :^)
  • More Heroes, more defense, more loots, more differents stats, more everything
  • Pet's being not only a stats slot/spell slot, and more like DD1 ( Everyones want that anyways)
  • The wall/things that make bounces enemies as (i think) Elandrian talked about, because its another gameplay/build enabler, like it most likely allows peoples to do something new. in a single word : Physic.
  • An even greater loot system than DD1. :^)
  • Dryad and Mystic, maybe in different forms/names/whatever, but they added some mecanics DD1 could lack, like how the bees/nimbus works, same goes for Obelisk ( smiting around the map)
  • Reflexion rewarding stuff, imagine i've brainstormed a defense setup ( most likely talking with dd2 experience ) to works a really, really efficient way using a really special/unusual/whatever mix of mods/shards to build a special map, fight a special type of enemies, or just generally to handle a certain situation, why would i got a cap on the targets an AoE defense can hit each shot ( think about flame aura/Weapons Manufacturer nodes caps at 10 targets, if its still capped atm) or what ever that would block you from doing something smart. Well, you got the point but that might be not a problem anyway, DD/2 is usually kind of rewarding for that
  • Did i talk about customization ?
  • More and more skins for weapons/shot type, sword/melee swings animations, always more, we never get enough of em :^)
  • Elemental combo/maybe physical element, thoses kind of things that could simply relate to depthifying the gameplay, cause i think thats some real replayability added, or just allow enthusiasts players to squeeze the maximum out of their character/defense or what the game can offer and feel smart :^)
  • The QoL things like press shift to see the radius of your defenses, things that doesnt matter much like gathering mana from chest each wave should get removed or maybe just for added challenge in X special map with a build timer but thats something else. Being able to switch char with a bind and not run to the forge every time you wanna build something else, even if they dont want us anymore to hero switch while in combat, its just QoL to let us switch in building phase, dunno how people who played both game a long time feel about it tho. Thoses things should make it to DDA imho.
  • More of everything that make us want to test it out.
  • Achievements/Tavern trophy stuff, but prettier and shinier than ever
  • Trading, even if they make it less exploitable/whatever, if i want to give a friend of mine his dream's sword while he is in Deeper well easy level 1 first character never played the game, let me do it, just that :^)
  • Same crescendo courb of chaos, start wave 5 with 120 enemy, enough mana to build 2 blockade and 3 MM tower total for 14 lanes, makes it, 8 waves later finish on an absolutely rampaging 2800 mobs speedrunning to your blockade to crush em level 9000 and behind em an ogre train and a father of all ogre who's no joke or nothing to laugh at
  • Imagine if each defense for every hero had a tree with 1300 nodes an... wait

Yeah, i dont hate DD2 and i'm kind of enjoying it for what it is (Not every parts of it tho, you know what im talking about). It have some very interesting design choices (even tho they are not always implemented the right way, but also thats not my job, i can only criticize/give my opinion), they could get alots of inspirations from it and take the winner formula from DD1 to create something fresh and amazing

Not wanted : 

• Any kinds of resetting stuff, i got enough dusty idle games on my mobile phone... 
  • Uncreatives ways to make it last longer ( think about DD2 overgrindy things like gilding a defense rate shard for 10 unique defense you use offtenly)
  • CAPPED STATS
  • DDA being DD1 but prettier
  • My kind of hype for that project not being worth :^)
  • The Kickstarter stopping before we know what is '??????????????????????' But hopefully he'll reach over nine thousands of billions of pure creativity enabler foundings dollars :^)

I think im done for the moment, got craptons of idea tho but thats it for Wanted/Not Wanted thingys

Edited by Bidru
Why not
  • Like 1

please have less grinding than DD2.

i want the dryad to be in DDA. 

i also cross platform play and saves.

i also want trading so i can carry my friend through it that most likely won’t play the game or like the game as much as i do so it works out.

i want skins for ever character and an equal amount for every character. not like 50 monk skins and like 3 of the rest.

i want the freedom to upgrade any part of my weapon or tower like in the old dd1.

i need to be sleeping so i will finish my list later

• Like 3

Disclaimer: I only played DD1 not DD2. Therefor my list might be bias towards DD1. Have around 1100 hours in DD1 and I played it since it came out.

Things I would like to see in DD:A

1. Being able to upgrade your weapon like DD1. Where you can choose exactly how you want to play the game.
  2. Having a lot of achievements. I am talking about tons and tons of achievements. This is what keeps me in the game. If there is always achievements you can earn you feel like you're really going for that 100% completion. Maybe even add a %completion status to someone to see how much they have unlocked already.
  3. Survival. I'd love to do survival, even high rounds. This was an amazing feature in DD1.
  4. Great quality challenges. DD1 had great challenges but I would love to see even more challenges! I always loved playing those, with friends or alone.

Things I wouldn't like to see in DD:A

1. Micro-transactions (have already been confirmed that it wouldn't be in the game)
  2. Hackers, speaks for itself
  3. Less DD2 game changing aspects. I am not a fan of DD2, tried playing the game for the first time yesterday and I quit after around 30 minutes. It is just nothing for me, DD1 was almost a perfect game for its generation. The game can use some updates but some of the core features should stay the same in my opinion.
  4. PvP challenges, since DD1 is low populated now a days it is hard to find people in the same level/damage catagory like you are so PvP challenges could be really unfair.
  • Like 3

On 3/5/2019 at 11:05 PM, Jaws_420 said:

Hmmm, great thread. Too many ideas to get them all in one post, so here is a snapshot of what is floating around in my heard right now...

What i want:

1) WAY MORE trophies and achievements. I mean, like 10-20X more. This game should have just ridiculous amounts of trophies to get that make the game hard and/or fun. One of the biggest flaws IMO about DD1 and DD2 was the lack of support in this area. This game needs a platinum on PS. 

I consider this my top priority as well. Game should have decent quests and more achievements / trophies to get. DD1 achievements were ok but got them all within the first 250hr gameplay

• Like 2

Just now, el genius said:

I consider this my top priority as well. Game should have decent quests and more achievements / trophies to get. DD1 achievements were ok but got them all within the first 250hr gameplay

For a game from that generation it was pretty good, of course it is 2019 and games gone really far, so lets hope on a lot more achievements and trophies

I would mostly want in dda is a leaderboard system like dd1 but keep up with Incase if cheaters happened to take over

I would love to finally be able to save builds and layouts for certain maps. We kind of got the start to this in DD2 with the replay system, but being able to do it from the start of wave 1 would save so much time for slow builders like me.

Would even be fine if builds only saved for a short period of time, i.e. on map repeats or for only a couple of days, or only half the allotted du was able to be saved. Heck, even if it was just walls and buff beams. Anything to speed up the repeat map farming process. Especially in some of those big giant DD1 maps that took forever to build.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, danimaltastic said:

I would love to finally be able to save builds and layouts for certain maps. We kind of got the start to this in DD2 with the replay system, but being able to do it from the start of wave 1 would save so much time for slow builders like me.

Would even be fine if builds only saved for a short period of time, i.e. on map repeats or for only a couple of days, or only half the allotted du was able to be saved. Heck, even if it was just walls and buff beams. Anything to speed up the repeat map farming process. Especially in some of those big giant DD1 maps that took forever to build.

I get why this is wanted (DD2 hamster wheel grindfest), but i think a much better approach will be for CG to build a game where the exact same def layout built every single time is not the solution. More creativity and variety in builds and a whole lot less RNG dependence will make layout saves a lot less appealing. With how DD2 is made - i would love this feature. I am really hoping DDA does not follow the same grindfest path though. 

• Like 1

Want:

+Item Permanency System. The ability to mod, upgrade, and evolve gear in DD2 is SOOOOO much better than the OG system that I'll never be able to go back. This is a deal breaker if it isn't in.

+Full offline mode with P2P coop. I don't care about ranks, or leaderboards, or cheating. I just want to be able to play alone or with friends online or offline.

+Hero Deck, with hot swapping.

+QoL features like iPWR/Champion Score, lane wisps, no build timers, and auto-distributed build mana.

+Smooth difficulty curve through all content (i.e., post Protean Shift). None of the typical, "You need the gear from this content in order to do this content" nonsense the old Trendy was known for.

+Steam Workshop support.

Do Not Want:

-DD1-style gear stats, where an item could (read: always would) roll with a humongous negative penalty that ruined/negated the positives. The DD2 stat system actually makes sense and works in a rational way.

-Overwhelming RNG dependency and interminable grind.

-PvP.

-Compulsory coop or online features.

-"Live Service" trappings (loot boxes, microtransactions, seasons, prestiging, etc).

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, hailminion said:

Auction House (which operates offline too)

How can an auction house function offline...?

:gobuthonk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, gotrunks712 said:

How can an auction house function offline...?

:gobuthonk:

I believe they probably mean an Auction house you can put items in and not be online so people can buy them at any time.. the Auction house itself would be a game function that is always available ;)

• Like 2