Sign in to follow this  
-[K0bold]-

Stats etc. pp?

I got a huge Question i know it´s early stage but i hope that u know what make dd1 so much more fantastic for me was the fact that i could Max every Stat like i wish to do 0.1s for a Tower Shot No Problem. The Ballista pierce was also a nice thing to have.

My Question now is what is you Dev Team´s Plan?

Wanna do a Max like in DD2 or free like in the old ways from DD1?
Same for the Range it was realy nice to shot across the map.
The Summoner was also a nice to have thing.

• Like 2

And for the love of all that is holy...please do not have a "reset" process in this game. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, -[K0bold]- said:

I got a huge Question i know it´s early stage but i hope that u know what make dd1 so much more fantastic for me was the fact that i could Max every Stat like i wish to do 0.1s for a Tower Shot No Problem. The Ballista pierce was also a nice thing to have.

My Question now is what is you Dev Team´s Plan?

Wanna do a Max like in DD2 or free like in the old ways from DD1?
Same for the Range it was realy nice to shot across the map.
The Summoner was also a nice to have thing.

DD1 had terrible balance problems.  That was inflated by the ever increasing stat values after Nightmare was introduced.  While  I like that progression and would love to not have any soft caps, there needs to be some limits in place.  I would prefer the DD1 style stat system over DD2 though.  No limits provides more freedom, but can also be more taxing on the engine and problematic for animations and such to work properly.

That said, I do love the passive and shard system of DD2 and the ability to customize gear directly without losing a lot of progress because of one slightly higher upgrade.

Edited by gotrunks712
Clarification
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gotrunks712 said:

That said, I do love the passive and shard system of DD2 and the ability to customize gear directly without losing a lot of progress because of one slightly higher upgrade.

Can't echo this enough. Those changes added a lot to the game, and despite being heavily gated by rng/inventory space I really liked what they did for the game mechanically and strategically. 

Most of my DD1 time was spent near the end game with friends plowing me through content. The way towers and stats in general scaled seemed excessive. I like that kind of freedom, but hope there are some modes in place that can limit that. I really dislike how rigid Mastery mode is in DD2, but conceptionally I dig it. Maybe DDA can take some notes from that and devise a variety of game modes that allow players enough choice in this regard. 

• Like 3

It seems obvious to me that the unlimited scaling and the stupidity associated with it (harpoons firing "poles" that stretched all the way across the map instead of individual harpoons) was due to an untested and inexperienced dev team trying to deal with exponentially inflating stats.

Nowadays, even D&D knows that you HAVE to have a few caps on thing in order to prevent stat bloat from becoming silly and making balanced gameplay impossible. It's called 'bounded accuracy' in that game, and it's very important to keep in mind.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:16 AM, Kobalobasileus said:

It seems obvious to me that the unlimited scaling and the stupidity associated with it (harpoons firing "poles" that stretched all the way across the map instead of individual harpoons) was due to an untested and inexperienced dev team trying to deal with exponentially inflating stats.

The thing is even with the "poles", the health on say the ogres, djinns, etc scaled so they were still tough enemies.

I remember seeing someone with an uber-poon turret and was just amazed...