HeadHunterG5

VIP Secret Room (100$ Pledge)

Devs, can you explain please in depth, what advantages in game process i will got with this?

I want to understand how much "no microtransactions" here...)

Its speed up my leveling or pets growth or?

Or its just way to show how VIP i am?

Posted (edited)

Dont ignore my question, please.

Im very interested what version to buy.

Will be there any bonuses like +% chance to get better gear, +% exp bonuses from VIP Secret Room or not?

Edited by HeadHunterG5

I suppose it will be something similar to the secret tavern room in dd1, and no, it probably wont bring any advantage compared to players that dont have it.
That would be unfair and considered as a paywall imo

2 minutes ago, Mea Culpa said:

I suppose it will be something similar to the secret tavern room in dd1, and no, it probably wont bring any advantage compared to players that dont have it.
That would be unfair and considered as a paywall imo

Thats will be ok, but i want see reply from devs.

I want be sure there no advantage in game from higher price, only cosmetic bonuses.

The original Dungeon Defenders had some secret rooms that you could unlock via gameplay achievements.  We want to add a special VIP backer lounge to the tavern so you can have an exclusive room to show off to your friends and hang out there.  We'll have more details about what will be in that room in the future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elandrian said:

The original Dungeon Defenders had some secret rooms that you could unlock via gameplay achievements.  We want to add a special VIP backer lounge to the tavern so you can have an exclusive room to show off to your friends and hang out there.  We'll have more details about what will be in that room in the future!

I am just curious...if it is secret, how do you show it off???? In DD1 only the hero who owned that tavern could enter it. Will it now be a door that you can choose to open to others?

Part of the appeal of that room was that you could drop weapons, but in there you could drop stuff that no one was able to see. I wonder if DDA will bring back weapon sharing that DD2 let go of. I miss that. I loved the secret room in DD1's tavern. I am glad to see it has potential life here, but a little sad that it is a paid for mechanic. Sure feels like a micro-transaction right now. If we can only get it with $$$ now that is. If there is another way to unlock it, then not so much, but then - what are you buying then? Early access? I mean - i want it. I just hope this is not the sole way of getting it. I feel the franchise worries a tad too much about "exclusivity" sometimes. It's more of a turn off to me in the end than a driving force. I don't mind if everyone else has it - has that hurt me in any way? Not much in a co-op game. Especially if micro transactions will not be present. 

16 hours ago, Elandrian said:

Awww here i was thinking it was the Defenders Council like thing for DDA... which is the reason i picked the $75 pack.. if its just a secret room.. i'd be quite happy to drop my pledge down to $16...

17 hours ago, Elandrian said:

We'll have more details about what will be in that room in the future!

But we want to know this details now. I must understand is it worth 100$ or not. Really cool feature or just "private room with music".

If you present this feature like key bonus for 100$ pledge, give us something more than "its cool private room". Or i want so much?

One of the inspirations behind the secret VIP room was the lounge in Star Wars: The Old Republic for people that had purchased the Collector's Edition.  We want to have a cool space where "VIP's" can feel like ballers with their friends.

There may be some additional VIP perks, but nothing like gameplay advantage like other games with "VIP Packs" and things like that.  This is meant to be a prestige bonus for giving us that extra support.  One thing we're exploring is social spaces like the HUB from DD2, and the Relays in Warframe for players, and if we did those, what could a VIP room in a HUB look like?  That's our goal with the VIP space.  The elite lounge for the elite.

We could easily explore doing a "VIP" forum for the elite backers if that's of interest to the VIP level people, just let us know!

We also still plan to have some fun secrets/secret rooms for normal players as well, it won't just be exclusive to VIP's.  VIP's just get the fancy one.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thats the dream @Elandrian I always liked the Idea of the Council... i purchased the Collectors Edition for DD2 in the hopes of being able to join it but never got in..

Just to have a spot where some of the dedicated fans can slide some idea's yer way... by the way i want multiple hero decks this time around!!! :P

Edited by LJMjollnir
was != want
  • Like 1