Sign in to follow this  
Khanoz

Questions and requests/suggestion for DDA

Posted (edited)

First thing i would rather just buy an early access on steam like dd2 i would rather pay in a store than by card even if i dont get the other kickstarter rewards.

So is it possible we see closed beta on steam?

Before i talk about the video i want to say i love both games i stepped out of dd2 because i like my "grinds" to have an ending like dd1 i dont have ult++ but with ult gear is more than enough for me and thats the end of the game for me and still played it for hundreds of hours after that "ending" but dd2 idk it seemed too much going to x floor and then ancient power and getting back ascension levels idk endless grind turns me off now endless waves i love that as long as difficulty goes higher

Now talking about the video you showed:

Death animations like orcs must die please dont this is my opinion but i absolutely hate them mainly because it makes it look so messy and confusing i cant imagine an ogre flying all over the map because a proxy trap killed it.

Graphics i know its just WIP but even the background in the forums things seems like a little too polished and waxed/shiny if that makes sense especially the squire they are good though they look good

The giant sword you showed in 0:59, no.

Now again WIP i just want to make sure the lighting aura doesnt stay that way lmao so empty and sad but then again WIP.

The last thing is reusing textures from dd1 maybe even from dd2 honestly idc and what you did to deeper well looks amazing i love it and i would love to see more of this on my favourite maps which kinda was already done in dd2 and its not a complete copy and paste they were new maps the layout was the same but the maps were so different in terms of how they felt and look it was beautiful

I hope you either create/design a new type of progression or stick with the dd1 progression instead of dd2 progression i liked the idea of ascension levels but it was a little too much mainly because the gameplay in dd2 is way more active in dd1 you just upgrade and dps here and there in dd2 you have to dps pick up mana and upgrade but either way i still have 500 hours in dd2 so you know good job

I like afk stuff btw

Edited by Khanoz

47 minutes ago, Khanoz said:

The giant sword you showed in 0:59, no.

That sword is already in DD1. It's called Crystal Blade. It drops from Insane Crystalline Dimension and Crystalline Resurgence 3.

This is what it looks like in-game.

nqaZoNN.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Caimen0 said:

That sword is already in DD1. It's called Crystal Blade. It drops from Insane Crystalline Dimension and Crystalline Resurgence 3.

This is what it looks like in-game.

nqaZoNN.png

Oh shit i didnt recognize it but it seems a little too big like the squire can barely grab it lmao

The sword looks good though it really does look good what i personally didnt like was the size it is huge

Edited by Khanoz

The actual targeted release date of the game is October 2019.  That doesn't leave time for Early Access at this point.  The only reason it will be delayed is if higher flex goals are reached on the kickstarter (to off quote some of the Trendy peeps).

Personally, i love completely oversized weapons. The bigger the better. Reminds me of playing Dynasty Warriors, as you unlock better and better weapons - they get bigger and bigger. By the time you unlocked 4th and 5th tier weapons, they were like 3 times the size of your hero. I JUST LOVE THAT!!!!! I would love to see some of that come to DDA or DD2. My only concern would be the weapon blocking our sight of the battlefield in how the animation swings. but apart from that - bring it on!!!! 

Then you should hope that they keep the DD1 size modifiers.I18RwKq.png

Yes, the parrot in the background is also massive.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah i mean in the floor (i cant even remember the name of the event reee) the swords look huge but when you equip them they are actually not that huge they are normal size but i never really used sword in dd1 i barely used my barbarian

Edit: glaicers demise?

Edited by Khanoz

We're definitely still focused on having awesome and occasionally wacky weapons.  I'm all about those.

• Like 1