gcstephen13

DDA is a bad move IMO, DD2 should be the focal point

17 hours ago, interval said:

I don’t think DD-A is a bad move, I do however think the way they are announcing it and moving forward with it seems bad. For weeks now we have been teased with info on updates to DD-2 and then bam today we get new company, new game but no new DD-2…..

Yes, this, exactly.

Kind of the same issue that Diablo shot themselves in the foot with. Teased big news for a long time, and then - BAM cell phone game no one expected or wanted is announced, and social media crucifies them. Mostly because of the expectations that were created. Everyone wanted to hear different news, and the company did absolutely nothing to appease that desire, and created no desire at all for what was announced.

For DD2, we have had a news shut out for the last 2 some months. We asked many months ago for more details and transparency every week, and for a small while it was a lot better. Then the holidays and new year came, and it has been a blackout since then. Barely any Friday Fun day streams either. Every time we ask what is going on - no details, and promises of "big things". So in our minds, we are now waiting on some HUGE DD2 news to break at some point. Then, the only news we do get is that TE is no more, and a game we never knew about is coming, with no info at all on DD2, and all of this from a source that is not TE/GC directly... It was a very bad way to build excitement for this new product and the new direction of the company. I mean, i have no issue with the change, and i want to be excited for DDA, but it really should have come to us first on the forum, before the Kickstarter launched. Let us know what is happening. If we were told about CG and DDA say around a week ago, we could have been excited for the launch of the project. Instead i at least felt blindsided and confused. And still, no DD2 info... Was this the big thing? We don't even know...

The lack of a clear vision (or at least a communicated one) and narrative to fans is hurting the first steps that CG is taking IMO. I should not have to go read the comments section on Kickstarter to learn what is going on, or a half dozen other social media platforms. Some centralized, clear information is highly wanted right now, and what better place to have it then on your own forums. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Kind of the same issue that Diablo shot themselves in the foot with. Teased big news for a long time, and then - BAM cell phone game no one expected or wanted is announced, and social media crucifies them. Mostly because of the expectations that were created. Everyone wanted to hear different news, and the company did absolutely nothing to appease that desire, and created no desire at all for what was announced.

I think DDA will win out against this scenario though: a heck of a lot of people seemed to enjoy (and still bang on about) DD1 comapred to DD2, so what is essentially a DD1 remake will go down well with them.

The more I think about it while eating pizza, the less reason I see to continue playing DD2 given its realistically imminent demise. I was rash earlier saying I wouldn't play DDA due to its graphics - I'll at least try it, but I'm not sure with how much gusto / effort. The quality isn't the issue for me (I still play games made for Windows 98), it's the odd-sized bobble-headed heroes that just totally throws me off...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Yeah, that was one roller coaster. I'm not part of that community but I occasionally play Hearthstone (and rarely Heroes of the Storm) so I sometimes do follow blizzard news and wow! Isn't that something?

11 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

For DD2, we have had a news shut out for the last 2 some months. We asked many months ago for more details and transparency every week, and for a small while it was a lot better. Then the holidays and new year came, and it has been a blackout since then. Barely any Friday Fun day streams either. Every time we ask what is going on - no details, and promises of "big things". So in our minds, we are now waiting on some HUGE DD2 news to break at some point. Then, the only news we do get is that TE is no more, and a game we never knew about is coming, with no info at all on DD2, and all of this from a source that is not TE/GC directly... It was a very bad way to build excitement for this new product and the new direction of the company. I mean, i have no issue with the change, and i want to be excited for DDA, but it really should have come to us first on the forum, before the Kickstarter launched. Let us know what is happening. If we were told about CG and DDA say around a week ago, we could have been excited for the launch of the project. Instead i at least felt blindsided and confused. And still, no DD2 info... Was this the big thing? We don't even know...

Yeah I'll be honest. I was and still am waiting for the huge DD2 news. While this is definitely isn't a roller coaster (thank god for that) and there may be hopefully some good benefits, I'll agree to that this came out of nowhere and can be confusing indeed.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

Just now, Little Magic Hat said:

I think DDA will win out against this scenario though: a heck of a lot of people seemed to enjoy (and still bang on about) DD1 comapred to DD2, so what is essentially a DD1 remake will go down well with them.

The more I think about it while eating pizza, the less reason I see to continue playing DD2 given its realistically imminent demise. I was rash earlier saying I wouldn't play DDA due to its graphics - I'll at least try it, but I'm not sure with how much gusto / effort. The quality isn't the issue for me (I still play games made for Windows 98), it's the odd-sized bobble-headed heroes that just totally throws me off...

Ah, and that touches on something i did not mention - how even the announcement of DDA will cannibalize players from DD2. Since we don't know what is up with DD2, and where it is going, we can only assume it is going away, so why keep playing it...? What are we getting stronger for? Stats will likely not carry over into the new game, so what is there in DD2 worth grinding for right now? That is the news piece that CG really messed up on by not having any details out yet IMO. Maybe there is more stuff on the way - but we have no idea. Without formal news, all we can do is gossip and conjecture. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Ah, and that touches on something i did not mention - how even the announcement of DDA will cannibalize players from DD2. Since we don't know what is up with DD2, and where it is going, we can only assume it is going away, so why keep playing it...? What are we getting stronger for? Stats will likely not carry over into the new game, so what is there in DD2 worth grinding for right now? That is the news piece that CG really messed up on by not having any details out yet IMO. Maybe there is more stuff on the way - but we have no idea. Without formal news, all we can do is gossip and conjecture. 

I forgot to mention that this event did remind me of what happened to Heroes of the Storm (just when I start to get interested in it) after the Diablo fiasco. That's my source of worry.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Captain Alejo said:

I'm with you on not liking the look, but you may miss out on a lot of great gaming experiences if that's enough to stop you. 

Agree!! I hate the art style of DD1, fantastic game.... Character builds are awful though. :classic_biggrin:

im afraid of it too :3
Dont really want o grind 2 games, dont want to lose all my effort in dd2, my real money spent here and all i got so far to start all over again.

i hope this game doesnt die :(((

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

We’re going to be releasing an update soon on all platforms that will have a vendor where you can get the Shards you’ve been looking for or looking to gild — a highly requested player feature!

There’s some extra morsels of dopeness in that update as well.  Most of the changes are gameplay related. We’re trying to make the fixes and improvements that everyone has been asking for.

• Like 2

DD2 always had issues. Though it seemed to have been getting better. Buut not knowing what gose on behind closed Doors I cant fairly comment. 

Also Ive  noticed people say, drop DD2 and move on.  I still enjoy DD2 But I think DDA will be better for the company.

• Like 1

I must say I'm not impressed with this.  DD2 was just starting to get some good stuff and they announce a new game?  If DD2 is any indication I'm not convinced that they can hit all the right notes in one attempt with DDA.  I'm going to give it a few years and see if the game is still there and if it's any good.  Unless something better pops up in the meantime.  Too bad OMD!U is going to be closed, I really liked that game.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tdb said:

I must say I'm not impressed with this.  DD2 was just starting to get some good stuff and they announce a new game?  If DD2 is any indication I'm not convinced that they can hit all the right notes in one attempt with DDA.  I'm going to give it a few years and see if the game is still there and if it's any good.  Unless something better pops up in the meantime.  Too bad OMD!U is going to be closed, I really liked that game.

See Ive tried that game twice but it never really got ahold of me like DD did.

DD2 will be "slowed down" aka dying.  Me among many many players who have spent thousands of hours playing the game and spent money on it are feeling pissed off about it.  Focus on DD2 damn it. 

• Like 1

i can’t believe it! i’m soo happy. i have been asking for this for years and it’s actually finally happening. i’m so glad i chose to never reset or climb onslaught. the only thing i will miss from DD2 is my Dryad.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 1:19 PM, KeusLey said:

im afraid of it too :3
Dont really want o grind 2 games, dont want to lose all my effort in dd2, my real money spent here and all i got so far to start all over again.

i hope this game doesnt die :(((

true. i forgot i recently bought $100 worth of gems and still have like $60 worth but i’m not interested in using because i don’t see anything im interested in. i hope this doesn’t just go to waste and can maybe transfer over to this new game for cosmetics

43 minutes ago, super_slayan said:

true. i forgot i recently bought $100 worth of gems and still have like $60 worth but i’m not interested in using because i don’t see anything im interested in. i hope this doesn’t just go to waste and can maybe transfer over to this new game for cosmetics

Because DD2 will continue to be supported and there is no central connectivity between all the games, Im willing to bet everything there will stay there

• Like 1

If Chromatic will create DD3 - i will pay 100 dollars as sponsorship minimum I PROMISE:) I love DD2 even more then DD1, it has its issues - needs more love but i love it and for DD3 I will pay a ton of money as i belieive they will do it great now.

I consider DDA as step back to refresh already dead game with old graphics. Nothing for me sorry - i will wait for DD3. Im with this company since DD1 and alpha of DD2.

Hi. I AM a die hard DD2 player, and I completely disagree with you. I play dd2 in spite of it's flaws. If they are willing to try a new approach in a way that both the devs and most of the fans (sad to say this, but you are definitely a minority) want, then power to them. I would be perfectly fine if DD2 received no further updates after DDA's release. It's not a bad game, but it is fundamentally flawed enough that, even if a worst case scenario happens and DDA flops, I'd rather they tried another approach instead of renewing focus on DD2.

It's definitely a very risky move imho. Potential they might divide the community that still plays DD1 and DD2 which will further reduce the current numbers to date. I supported the Kickstarter only to support Chromatic Games.

In my own dream world, I would have rather seen that crazy alternate portal you step into be in DD2 that sends you back to DD1 and get the DDA currently being worked on which would keep the community closer together. However, I understand the programming barriers involved in something as crazy as that sounds.

• Like 2