gcstephen13

DDA is a bad move IMO, DD2 should be the focal point

While I am a Fan of DD1 and love that Game I feel DD2 still needs a lot of love, too slow it down a bit (Elandrian's words) for basically a Re-boot DD1  is not smart IMO.

People are gonna be mad and say basically ....why Bother putting in the time on DD2 and Onslaught when its going to be forgotten.

Now if DD2 will still be the focal point while this is a side project I welcome it...  

All in all, kinda good news but I feel this is just going to put off a lot of Die Hard DD2 players and would not be shocked to see the player base drop.

dd2.png

• Like 4

Floor 510. AP 46. Ascension 6400. I was about to do my daily 30 floors public, that is, until i saw the DDA news. Grabbed my present and logged out. Waiting for more news while considering to buy FF XIV.

• Like 3

I don’t think DD-A is a bad move, I do however think the way they are announcing it and moving forward with it seems bad. For weeks now we have been teased with info on updates to DD-2 and then bam today we get new company, new game but no new DD-2…..

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, interval said:

I don’t think DD-A is a bad move, I do however think the way they are announcing it and moving forward with it seems bad. For weeks now we have been teased with info on updates to DD-2 and then bam today we get new company, new game but no new DD-2…..

Yup, hopefully they have an announcement about future of dd2 soon.

Edited by BeerGoggles
  • Like 1

I think its a great idea from a lore standpoint and a gameplay standpoint. the dd1 in a nutshell had better gameplay and dd2 added way more lore so its like the best of both worlds. from being in both the discord servers, ive noticed that this is sort of like the dark souls series. where people who liked dark souls 1 will love the newest installment of dark souls whereas people who like dark souls 2 generally dont. I know this doesnt apply to this game completely but ive seen a lot more support from the dd1 side than the dd2 side

1 hour ago, Bonnabelle said:

I think its a great idea from a lore standpoint and a gameplay standpoint. the dd1 in a nutshell had better gameplay and dd2 added way more lore so its like the best of both worlds. from being in both the discord servers, ive noticed that this is sort of like the dark souls series. where people who liked dark souls 1 will love the newest installment of dark souls whereas people who like dark souls 2 generally dont. I know this doesnt apply to this game completely but ive seen a lot more support from the dd1 side than the dd2 side

I agree with this. DD1 was really story light, and bringing in some of DD2 influence will mesh well with more DD1 style gameplay. Not that story is integral to uh.. tower defense, but a nice option to experience.

so where is my refund or is the whole thing of not shutting it down but slowing it down to prevent refunds?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BeerGoggles said:

Yup, hopefully they have an announcement about future of dd2 soon.

Yeah me too. Definitely me too. I was actually quite looking forward to see what DD2 had in store for 2019. 

But they said DD2 will still be supported so.....I'm just going to take "a bit" literally. At least it ain't "DD2 will have a big slow down"

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

For me this announcement is amazing. I loved DD1 it was one of my favorite games and it held for many years. Then DD2 got announced I got so excited, it released, and well... it wasnt DD2. It was.... a game. I wasnt a fan of DD2 neither were many Die hard DD1 fans. the game was built on the back of DD1 but they took out the part that made DD1 great, the gear, the pets, the fun. I loved upgrading my gear, spending my gems, crafting my gear set. DD2 had no fun gameplay it was unfortunately a hyped up failure. the numbers dont lie. If DDA follows DD1 gameplay wise with upgrading gear and keeps that system with some upgrades it WILL be an amazing success and DD2 will hopefully DDissapear. (sorry if u disagree i was more upset of how bad DD2 was than u are that its gonna slow down on updates)

• Like 2

I'm on the fence about this personally... On the one hand the looks of DD1 just burns my eyes these days and I can't really remember the gameplay as it has been a long time since I played it. The aformentioned eye burning doesn't make me wanna refresh my memory either. On the other hand DD2 has some fundamental flaws tied to its engine that cannot ever be fixed. For me, DDA is too early to tell, the art looks much better in Unreal 4 and the talent of the team will be used to much greater potential in that engine then Unreal 3.

Only time will tell.

• Like 1

If it is the best for the franchise I am all in for it. If it is just Trendy rebranding themselves to do the same shit , I am surely done. If the problem is (was) creative freedom, then do DD3, or simply Dungeon Defenders the way the creators have envisioned it. I haven't read the full story yet as why TE became chromatic, but seeing how pationate, some of the people are behind the game, shows there is still hope. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, hailminion said:

DD1 is still supported, look at the date of their last forum post, and see how many ppl stream/active play/talk about it. (and this is when many ppl think DD1>DD2) 

if DD2>DDA, what's happening to DD1 will happen to DD2, basically dying. if DD2<DDA, it will just be dead. Not a matter of maintenance. but a matter of where players will flow to. Not many I know prefer to play a game with 100 people when they have one with 2000 people. 

And when DD3 comes out, same will happen to DDA. 

but ofc, all just my speculation and opinion. 

Well, if the game have to end (which I hope it won't) at least make it into a complete game where there's a nice structure and a satisfying endgame conclusions.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hailminion said:

And when DD3 comes out, same will happen to DDA. 

Maybe I have understood this wrong: I had thought DDA is considered to be something like DD3. When did they mention DD3 too?

1 minute ago, Dreizehn said:

Maybe I have understood this wrong: I had thought DDA is considered to be something like DD3. When did they mention DD3 too?

I think if you watch the Kickstarter trailer you'll hear them say "the eventual DD3".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I think if you watch the Kickstarter trailer you'll hear them say "the eventual DD3".

Thanks. That's what I actually thought. That they somehow consider DDA as DD3. Maybe we're lucky and we get an official response about this.

5 minutes ago, Dreizehn said:

Thanks. That's what I actually thought. That they somehow consider DDA as DD3. Maybe we're lucky and we get an official response about this.

Okie...I've rewatched the video to double-clarify so here's what Elandrian said in the vid -

"We taking a storyline that's placed in-between DD2 and the eventual DD3."

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks for clarifying. (sometimes I have a bit of a hard time to understand spoken english...) Now that really sounds like they wanna make 2 games. o.O

Edited by Dreizehn
  • Like 2

I think dungeon defenders awakened is a good idea but I personally think if it go back to its roots with the customization in the stats in the original game mix in with the shards bounes form the second game would mix it up and add many of hours of gameplay but the only worry’s I have with dda is it might end up like dde a clone dde was good but was missing most of what made the original amazing hopefully they can improve on the idea form the original and add the shards bounes form the second game hopefully dda isn’t a clone of the original that will be forgotten about after a couple of months like dde 

Remember guys I am a huge fan of DD1 and I will support DDA and drop Fifty or 30 on the kickstarter.

But as a fan of DD2 as well I’m just a little worried about drop off....for a game that’s basically a Reboot. 

I just Think DD2 should still be a priority is all,  I’m hopeful yet worried.😄

• Like 1

Just now, kingdiamond said:

i think it the end of dd2 if they will get the 200,000$ 

DD2 was already dead,people are bored from playing it with all the afk,DD1 is more fun,it's a good ending for DD2

If you are already having fun with DD2 how does the team switching core focus to another title have any impact on that? Keep playing the game you enjoy. For years now people have still been playing DD1, despite DD2's existence as the main development focus. 

DD2's player count, at least on PC, has been in near constant decline while the team focused heavily on its development. It doesn't make sense to continue that level of investment. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I don't know, but it seems that the reason on why DD2 had the bad design choices was because it was in the control of the investors that bought the game franchise from the original devs/founder after DD1's success. (Hey! At least we now know why it happened.)

So seeing it back on the original hands hopefully might steer DD2 back to greatness despite things might be looking bleak for us DD2 fans right now (well, at least until the news).

• Like 1

While I'm disappointed that production of DD2 is slowing down, I understand they probably need the revenue boost from a new game and kickstarter; if that translates back into improving DD2 then great - if not then meh all good things come to an end.

I'm not a fan of the art style of DD1 so I won't be playing any similarly-styled games.

5 minutes ago, Little Magic Hat said:

I'm not a fan of the art style of DD1 so I won't be playing any similarly-styled games.

I'm with you on not liking the look, but you may miss out on a lot of great gaming experiences if that's enough to stop you. 

• Like 2