Sign in to follow this  

Posted (edited)

I am sad to see that console support is not part of the base plan of DDA. Should we interpret this as to Chromatic Games' support of these platforms for the future? The only reason i know about DD was PS3, and the only versions i have ever played have been on PS3 and PS4. If console support is not offered, DD will no longer be a part of my gaming life (as well as my $$$). I am especially sad to see that console support is a flex goal that the project has to come in at 140% to plan in order to obtain. Rolling some risky dice their CG...not to mention that it is not even your first, nor second flex goal. More maps is more important than console support? Wow.... 

As a console player, i have to say that i  feel on the outside of this project right from the start. I'd love to donate to the Kickstarter, but why would i unless i know it will reach flex goal #3??? Like i am going to drop any dollars on a game i cannot ever play?!?! The way the Kickstarter was done discourages all console gamers from donating to this project initially. Weird approach if you ask me, but maybe i am no longer part of the demographic that CG is aiming for. 

At this point, an announcement from CG as to their intentions with DD2, DDA, and even DD3 would be a very good idea. I notice that "free to play" was one of the call-outs in the Kickstarter , so it looks like CG is taking a whole new route...maybe...i guess... Heck, even just introducing themselves would be a good step one. If DD2 support is lessening, and it will take EVEN LONGER for things to come out going forward, that is not a lot of incentive to keep playing in the DD2 hamster wheel right now.  At least not without some context and vision on where we are headed.

Now would be a very good time for CG to give us plenty of reasons to want to keep playing DD2. Let's see if any of those Big Things we are getting teased with are actually about DD2...(and involve the consoles). 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

It is especially weird since the people with the most to gain from DD1 are the console players, since they did not get to experience that much of dd1. You would think making them feel included would help you reach your goals faster since they have been longing for the full DD1 experience longest. Definitely, a strange way to go about things and would like to hear some further details of why they decided to go this route.

• Like 3

I’m sure They will release for PC and consoles it just may end up being a later release for consoles. The real console worry should be will the game launch of the next gen consoles “Xbox2, PS5” as they should be out in the next 12 to 18 months.

1 hour ago, Bobby1 said:

They’re cutting out a large portion of their customer base!

Im sure they have metrics to measure the player base and know where the players are coming from.. why would you cut off your own arm when you can lop off someone elses toe ;) i highly doubt the console player base is that much bigger then the PC player base otherwise they'd be targeting that first ;)

Even if it doesnt make the goal Console support will come at a later time... its probably more of a license issue then anything ;) since UE4 is cross platform already and XBone and Ps4 are basically mini PC's...

• Like 1

It will be on nintendo switch by reaching 250000$ and on ps4 by 350000$? 

Maybe nintendo is supporting them:Adept:

On switch handheld @750p could be interesting seeing tower/gear stats properly. 

Maybe a reason for me buying a switch, when there is no/late ps4 support. 

Crossplay would be really nice

It's more related to the development time, dev kits, and engineering required to put the game on the additional platforms.  We want the game to be available to everyone on every platform, and we're trying to make it happen. 

The reason we're on Kickstarter is because we don't want to go to a publisher to get these extra funds to put it on additional consoles.  We want to do it ourselves.  Publishers take a cut, and we'd like to not resort to that if possible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elandrian said:

It's more related to the development time, dev kits, and engineering required to put the game on the additional platforms.  We want the game to be available to everyone on every platform, and we're trying to make it happen. 

The reason we're on Kickstarter is because we don't want to go to a publisher to get these extra funds to put it on additional consoles.  We want to do it ourselves.  Publishers take a cut, and we'd like to not resort to that if possible.

But what happens if that flex goal is not made? No console support ever for DDA then? It is hard for me to get excited about this new company path, if that path diverges from us console players from being able to play the game. 

It means we'll have to explore other financial options to get the support needed to make the additional console versions.  It's not our ideal, but still doable.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Elandrian said:

It means we'll have to explore other financial options to get the support needed to make the additional console versions.  It's not our ideal, but still doable.

Well that is the best news i have heard about DDA yet. Thanks for the reply! 

Hey man, we want EVERYONE to play this game.  That's our goal.  That's MY goal.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe a separate kick starter for consoles?

So once the PC Kickstarter is all over and done with you could do one for consoles?  And make the rewards more console based? 

17 hours ago, Bobby1 said:

They’re cutting out a large portion of their customer base!

Steam sales of DD1 dwarfed console sales of DD1.  Wasn't even close.

In the event that cross play is achieved, I could totally see myself owning this on multiple platforms. I am a PC player first and foremost, but if I could carry my progress over to the Switch and play away from home that'd be awesome!

• Like 1

I'd LOVE to be able to have cross-save and crossplay support on as many systems as possible.  But we have a VERY aggressive production timeline, so we'll see what we can accomplish.

Who knows though, maybe it'll come in a free update after the launch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Metro said:

Steam sales of DD1 dwarfed console sales of DD1.  Wasn't even close.

That's because it was ps3 and everyone was already on ps4 :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uzar said:

and PS3 servers went down eventually. Can't even play it now if you wanted to. Not to mention our PS3 version was the bare bones version, while everyone else was getting new heroes and better stuff. PS was left behind on DD1...

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, uzar said:

DD launched in October 2011.  The ps4 wasn't launched until November 2013.  The big hang up in 2011 was Microsoft certification for xbox.  They held up the launch on PC because of it which, as I said, proved to be nonsensical because the PC sales vastly outdid console sales.  I have no idea what happened with the ps3 (but from your description it sounds like it didn't hit the playstation until years later). I'm talking about original launch in 2011.

You can actually look at my old post history that shows stuff from early 2011 for more info.

Edited by Metro

31 minutes ago, Metro said:

DD launched in October 2011.  The ps4 wasn't launched until November 2013.  The big hang up in 2011 was Microsoft certification for xbox.  They held up the launch on PC because of it which, as I said, proved to be nonsensical because the PC sales vastly outdid console sales.  I have no idea what happened with the ps3 (but from your description it sounds like it didn't hit the playstation until years later). I'm talking about original launch in 2011.

You can actually look at my old post history that shows stuff from early 2011 for more info.

Right so not a great comparison if the same game content was not launched the same time on the 3 platforms. I would expect pc to outshine console in that way. You cant even get DD1 on console to even try but you can still get it on PC. 

DDA however  has the potential to be huge if launched on all 4 platforms and have the same content. 

• Like 1