So is this a simple company name change or something more sinister?

Did a group of Trendy developer band together to start Chromatic Games?

What happened to Trendy? Did an epic battle take place?

Is Jose dead?

• Like 1

Yeah, it would have done them a much better service to announce this new Company here, before the Kickstarter went live. Weird way for all of us to learn about it. 

• Like 2

Considering the only "official" announcement of DDA still only exists on Kickstarter and through links that have been posted to it, a lot of things could have been handled better.  Why no official news post yet?  There are a lot of questions getting asked that could have easily been answered by having a post typed up ready to go on the News page at the time the kickstarter went live.

• Like 2

Feels a little scammy to me with the little bit of info we have so far.

I really like the plan but I am not dropping $ into kickstarter until I get more info

• Like 2

You have a month before a pledge is charged to your account, you can cancel it at any time before April 3rd. There is only a limited number to rewards per tier, don't let yourself miss out by waiting :P

3 minutes ago, Toomuchsugar said:

You have a month before a pledge is charged to your account, you can cancel it at any time before April 3rd. There is only a limited number to rewards per tier, don't let yourself miss out by waiting :P

Only limited supplies is on the $15 pack.. the rest are unlimited from what i can tell ;) other then the time limit

We have a press release and some articles coming out that should help answer these questions.

A (kind of) shorter answer is, it's a mix of Trendy devs, new devs we've brought on, with a new mindset and a lot of new opportunities and freedom. We want to get back to the roots of the original Dungeon Defenders (and still plan on supporting DD2). There will be a lot more info coming, but this is just day 1. That means updating all of our accounts, emails, websites, portals, launching kickstarter, responding to tons of inquiries (like this one :] ),etc.

There's a lot of work still be done, but we're hard at work and will be giving updates as we progress! :)

• Like 5

I made my $25 pledge, I want to pledge more but will wait tell more info comes out.

BTW this is my first time I have ever contributed to any kickstarter, always felt the idea was stupid but if it gets me new DD stuff I’m cool with it…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well im gonna pledge too, Im gonna back this. Curious as to what your plans are with DD. As long as it isn't like DDE I'm cool with it.

Edited by Veetoo
Forgot stuff
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Veetoo said:

Well im gonna pledge too, Im gonna back this. Curious as to what your plans are with DD. As long as it isn't like DDE I'm cool with it.

It will be nothing like DDE.

• Like 1

We'll have a bigger post soon.  It's just been a lot of transition efforts, pre-production planning and figuring out how to move forward as a new company together.  Then not to mention just making the progress to show on the Kickstarter itself.  It's been a wild ride here in the past couple months. XD

• Like 3