LJMjollnir

who is Chromatic Games

And what happend to Trendy ;)

I know Chromatic Games is the old Trendy but why the name change .. how did we get to this point ?? i dont understand the brand change at this point in time

Likely because after DDE and DD2, as well as previous allegations (remember the Kotaku article?) of treating employees like absolute garbage, Trendy has a bit of a bad name.

16 hours ago, LJMjollnir said:

And what happend to Trendy ;)

I know Chromatic Games is the old Trendy but why the name change .. how did we get to this point ?? i dont understand the brand change at this point in time

Hi there, apologies on the mobile phone so hard to post it here but check out my post in the Kickstarter forum as I link the article explaining the name change and ownership change that just took place 

To summarise, trendy was sold and has just been bought back by the original owner so J think it's a step in the right direction

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 8:28 AM, AussieMark said:

Hi there, apologies on the mobile phone so hard to post it here but check out my post in the Kickstarter forum as I link the article explaining the name change and ownership change that just took place 

To summarise, trendy was sold and has just been bought back by the original owner so J think it's a step in the right direction

^ This.

If you would like a more detailed explanation about why the change, read this post!

https://forums.dungeondefenders.com/blogs/entry/159312-welcome-to-chromatic-games/

Edited by Paaperclips

From this link: https://forums.dungeondefenders.com/blogs/entry/159312-welcome-to-chromatic-games/

So What Happened To Trendy Entertainment?
For the more official take, you can check out the press release here.

For the realest take, keep reading!

In December of this past year, Augi Lye, one of the original founders of Trendy, came back as CEO to help return Trendy to its indie roots.  

The development team and I worked with him to figure out how we can have a good plan to move forward and start creating Dungeon Defenders games in the way they were meant to be made: for our players.  One of the things we wanted to make clear was that Trendy was no longer really Trendy.  There’s brand-new leadership, a new creative direction, and new energy at the studio that was just waiting to be released.  So we decided that we’re not really Trendy anymore.

Chromatic Games is our final form.  We’re over power level 9000 now, and we’re ready to rock.

We’re not answering to external people anymore.  We’re in control of our own destiny. We were able to keep the majority of the development team around, but we had some people move on to newer pastures. We’re so grateful for their years of service.  We love and respect all of our previous Trendy family, but now the Chromatic team is focused on the future — and that future is to keep improving DD2 and crafting Dungeon Defenders: Awakened.