Jump to content
onlyme

A share of my thoughts

Recommended Posts

Sooo, first of all I'm very sorry if I cannot express myself correctly as my english is very limited.
 

From what I can see on the Discord chat, everyone of you seems to be pretty exited 'bout the new DD game. 
I guess thats probably natural since alot of you seem to be DD1 fanboys. But, personally I hate this....

We got big news announced and for some this probably might be big news...but for me it's just a punch in our faces. I was excited for days what news might hit us, what they will bring to dd2, thinking about what it could be since they said its very big news. And then this lame bomb drops...this is the most dissappointing news ever ( which I seriously didnt believe would be possible after the first awesome news bomb was the new forum which is incredibly lame too lmao)

 

But anyway, if ya'll happy with that new DD game..I hope you will have fun with it

on my end I hope that DD2 wont be forgotten...im super sad right now and just hope that they wont forget us dd2 lovers

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's put a stop to my lofty plans on climbing onslaught and getting 999 base ascension if DD2 is dying off this year, looking at some of the goals some are deliverable in October 2019... I'd probably just about finished doing my resets by then 😲.

Hopefully they release the handbrake that is gear reset and let the remaining loyal player base have a blast through ascension and onslaught before we all move over to DDA. 

Especially hopeful that the $350k goal is met and we get a console release 🍾

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Defenso said:

Well that's put a stop to my lofty plans on climbing onslaught and getting 999 base ascension if DD2 is dying off this year, looking at some of the goals some are deliverable in October 2019... I'd probably just about finished doing my resets by then 😲.

Hopefully they release the handbrake that is gear reset and let the remaining loyal player base have a blast through ascension and onslaught before we all move over to DDA. 

Especially hopeful that the $350k goal is met and we get a console release 🍾

My guess is DD2 still has some life.  Dani said they are working on the next patch for DD2 and will have information very soon.  Some of the team will continue working on it moving forward, it's just going to be slower on the patch side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As stated Many, many and MANY times before they ain't forgetting about DD2. DD2 will still be getting updates as DDA won't be out for a good while. Give or take a good few years and in those years DD2  will be getting updates. Don't think this is the end of DD2. DDA I'd imagine is a side project.

Don't overthink stuff just wait to see what TE is going to do or say.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope so, I always wanted onslaught and AP resetting to be the gateway to some final insane end game and there would be a need and purpose for all that single player grinding isolation but this news has seriously knocked back my desire to grind it out (Just logged off for the night after picking off one level).

 

Might wait on the news of the new patch to see if it brings any meaningful changes to onslaught and AP resetting before reassessing it all... if it is to slowly die off in it's current state then I'd rather it was with all my 20+ characters fully geared and maybe with C8 stuff than in the middle of the reset-ahon with 3 characters with average gear because I'll probably not even pick it back up for a quick nostalgia blast if it's in that state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this Kickstarter news going public, it would be a huge miss by Chromatic Games not to put out some DD2 news ASAP to ensure its current players know that they are still supporting DD2 and what direction they plan on going, and how that differs from TE in any way. With zero word coming out about the buyout and new game apart from a Kickstarter launch, that leaves a lot of very confused and concerned gamers out there - the same people the Kickstarter is likely trying to reach out to. And the only news bits we have got in months here are 'big things', which doesn't really help much in this case. 

Here's hoping some direction will be given to us soon. How CG handles DD2 from here on out will be very telling of what we should expect for DDA. Here's hoping we all start off on the right foot. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ireally hope DDA is a side project and DD2 wont just die outright shortly after DDA comes out. DD2 still needs work, there's still holes that need filled in for it feel like a more complete game, and they made some good moves in their latest updates, gives hope for better updates that fixes the game and makes it actually better.

 

I much prefer DD2 to be successful over another game that has the same graphics as the DD1 game. Dont get me wrong, i loved the heck out of DD1 back in the day, but today the graphics just, bug me, especially after seeing how DD2's graphics can be. DD2 looks and feels so much better, tis why i want it to be as good at least, hopefully better.

 

And dannnng it i really want Countess at the least before dd2 dies x.x lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

With this Kickstarter news going public, it would be a huge miss by Chromatic Games not to put out some DD2 news ASAP to ensure its current players know that they are still supporting DD2 and what direction they plan on going, and how that differs from TE in any way. With zero word coming out about the buyout and new game apart from a Kickstarter launch, that leaves a lot of very confused and concerned gamers out there - the same people the Kickstarter is likely trying to reach out to. And the only news bits we have got in months here are 'big things', which doesn't really help much in this case. 

Here's hoping some direction will be given to us soon. How CG handles DD2 from here on out will be very telling of what we should expect for DDA. Here's hoping we all start off on the right foot. 

That's what should have been in a main news article prior to releasing the kickstarter.  Not having any information about DD2 with the announcement of a new game that came via twitter and a new link on the website is a major oversight.  I understand they were busy, but why not then rebrand and launch the kickstarter tomorrow when more focus can be given to actually answer some questions they knew the community would have.  Feels very disorganized and thrown together in some ways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jojozityjo said:

ireally hope DDA is a side project and DD2 wont just die outright shortly after DDA comes out. DD2 still needs work, there's still holes that need filled in for it feel like a more complete game, and they made some good moves in their latest updates, gives hope for better updates that fixes the game and makes it actually better.

I much prefer DD2 to be successful over another game that has the same graphics as the DD1 game. Dont get me wrong, i loved the heck out of DD1 back in the day, but today the graphics just, bug me, especially after seeing how DD2's graphics can be. DD2 looks and feels so much better, tis why i want it to be as good at least, hopefully better.

And dannnng it i really want Countess at the least before dd2 dies x.x lol

I kinda feel the same too. Well at least they said they are still supporting DD2. Which I'm glad :)

And goddammit! I want that Corrupted GW costume! But I don't have a damn credit card..... (This is going to be the second time exclusive has hit me in the face (don't worry, the first time had nothing to do with DD2). I know I deserved the face hitting as I was a staunch supporter of exclusives back then. Still...I hope that I could obtain that costume someday...)

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...