direnels

something i can get excited about!

I had not noticed the absence of Trendy from the new forums.  Seems they sold the game?

Is it a complete new game with new content or is it just a remaster of DD1? 

Evidently DD2 will be getting support, but most of the team will be moving focus to DDA.  That was confirmed by Elandrian.  That means less content and such coming to DD2 moving forward and eventually moving to very limited updates.

Just now, Sparxef said:

Is it a complete new game with new content or is it just a remaster of DD1? 

Bit of both, based on the Kickstarter description.  Likely using old assets to shorten the development time.  Didn't see any indication of date it'll be available, just a reference at the bottom that it could be delayed.  Don't hold me to that though, only read through it once.

Seems a bit odd to list the items that'll be included in the game IF certain fund-raising targets are met.  What's the game going to consist of if they don't reach $275,000.  If you reverse that chart, looks like it'll be missing a ton of things.

Haven't seen this particular funding model.  Time will tell if it works.

Well... I have played DD1 so much... I cannot play it again. Their kickstarter page makes it look like it will be mostly a reboot.

After a long break and a lot of waiting, now it is the frist time I regret that I have supported DD2. I did not lose my faith until the very end. Now I know there won't be much improvements anymore.

• Like 2

I am deeply concerned that console support is a flex goal and not a part of the base campaign. What happens if i donate, but that goal is not met? What the hell do i do with a digital copy of DDA i cannot play? I am on PS4...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

I am deeply concerned that console support is a flex goal and not a part of the base campaign. What happens if i donate, but that goal is not met? What the hell do i do with a digital copy of DDA i cannot play? I am on PS4...

Probably best to wait at this point.  The kickstarter lasts for a month, so check back in about 20 days to see where it's at.

• Like 1

I was dreaming about survival mode, new chaos tiers, better multiplayer, a gear set bonus, nightmare mixed mode with propellor goblins, spiders and gins, a c8 ampule for each reset, farming lower chaos tiers with adjustable difficulty and much more material rewards

and supporting dd2 with my monthly gem mine, but now I am a little confused about getting an email about dda Kickstarter without any news and plans for dd2, that I was so hoping for. 

Can only play on ps4 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

What happens if i donate, but that goal is not met? 

if the goal is not met people will get their money back .

im not too happy of seeing that post on fb honestly. DD2 needs more love still, and it was going into better directions. But this is like. wow, okay, guess they are just about giving up on DD2 with so many holes left in it :/

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, direnels said:

if the goal is not met people will get their money back .

That only applies to the base project. I'm talking about flex goals. Console owner supports, and flex not met...oh well, thanks for the money. 

22 hours ago, gotrunks712 said:

What does DDA mean for DD2?

DD2's end . but look at the bright side, we will have 500/800 players on,300 players will move on DDA, the 200 players playing DD1 will move to DDA,everyone's happy

I can see the end of dd2, and I am very very disappointed about that. 

The game was on a good way imo and announcements made me believe the game has a future. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

That only applies to the base project. I'm talking about flex goals. Console owner supports, and flex not met...oh well, thanks for the money. 

Also as there is no concrete release on console and most of the Kickstarter funding tiers offer "a free DDA software key (on platform of your choice)" are we to assume that will be on our console if goal is met or is it just a PC platform choice?

• Like 1