peteed1985

What to do after campaign?

I'd google it but every time I go to a thread on the forums via the links on google I get redirected to the stupid "Welcome to the New Forums - PLEASE READ" page every time so I don't get to the posts i'm finding on google -_-

So I beat the Betsy dragon thing and unsure how to tell if my gear is ok for the next step and also what my next step should be? Theres these adventures  but theres alot of options in there and idk if my gear is ok or what.

Plus in DD1 you joined multiplayer and got insta kicked before you could even load in just about every time because people were too lazy to make private games apparently from what I heard. So i'm kinda worried a similar thing will happen here.

After campaign, go to Adventures. It's basically campaign part 2. After that,  play Expeditions Chaos 1 and work your way up to each higher chaos tier. Play each Incursion as they unlock at each tier. Can also do Onslaught at Chaos 1 time.

Multiplayer is better in DD2, as far as kicking goes. Join and find out. Be prepared to play a lot of solo though. 

15 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

After campaign, go to Adventures. It's basically campaign part 2. After that,  play Expeditions Chaos 1 and work your way up to each higher chaos tier. Play each Incursion as they unlock at each tier. Can also do Onslaught at Chaos 1 time.

Multiplayer is better in DD2, as far as kicking goes. Join and find out. Be prepared to play a lot of solo though. 

Hmm my deck is only 249 and the first wave of any adventure or level 1 onslaught they tear through my barriers in seconds and I lose with me frantically trying to repair and dps and all that :( not sure what's wrong.

Yeah multiplayer is way better in DD2... since there is a nice bonus to XP and extra loot per player most people are happy for you to sit in the level and look at a wall even ;)

Generally tho unless you are really confident in your build toss yer gems to the builder.. half the time they'l request the mana ;) specially if they have Ancient Power or really high Ascension level which im sure you'l learn about soon enough 8)

But as Jaws mentioned try out the Adventures some of those are fairly fun ;).. but if you can do Chaos 1 Expeditions i'd probably work on those for awhile.. get some gear try and continue to get win streaks and get extra Chaos 1 shards.. C1 has the Destruction shard in it which is really nice to have and you will use them on nearly every dps tower in the game

When you can move onto C2 but i wouldnt stay there for very long.. as soon as you are able work on C3 and farm some Defense Range Shards those are really handy to have also ;) and C4 has Defense Rate which is the other main Shard

Dont stress if you dont get them... while really nice to have it is possible to do the game without it.. but you will need to use Mods instead.. so make sure you keep any Power/Rate/Range mods you find.. There are some other mods to look out for but thats an advanced topic and if ya look around on the forums there are already some posts about those (Shocking Revelations+Water, ShatterQuake and some others)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, peteed1985 said:

Hmm my deck is only 249 and the first wave of any adventure or level 1 onslaught they tear through my barriers in seconds and I lose with me frantically trying to repair and dps and all that :( not sure what's wrong.

You can do some of the Campaign levels on Hard to try and get better gear.. you can also Upgrade gear so if you are having issues try upgrading ;)

once you get a bit higher gear you will find that walls are not a requirement at all ;).. if you can kill the mobs before they get to the gem no need to stop them.. try towers like the Frost Bite that can slow enemies allowing your towers to attack the enemies more often before they get out of range.. depending on what heroes you have there are some other options.. i personally used to love the Proton Beams from EV ;) however as i mentioned before about mods her Weapon manufacture is also a great stun with Shocking Revelations and Water mods on the relic

It'l be the trick of working out what towers work for you ;).. like the old water trap and lightning aura to slow them down. there are some nice combo's out there like Water trap and Sky guard.. pop them up in the air (slows them a tad) then hit em with the mighty Sky guard tower

Edited by LJMjollnir
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, peteed1985 said:

Yeah as someone mentioned try campaign hard for better gear and uprading it helps. Once you maxed out your campaign gear its time to go into chaos! Just be sure to read the info for each new chaos enemy.

For example, C1 Chaos enemies vanguards block all frontal projectile attacks so aura and traps are good as well as the aprentices earth tower.

• Like 1

My deck is 329 right now and I can't see any way forward :( if I try and join adventures I end up alone and if I go to advanced and look for active games it appears to only have 1 or 2 games. What i'm seeing looks to be a dead game noone plays? All the gear I have that can be leveled is.

If you play PC - US:East see if ya can spot me .. im on most days all different hours my IGN is same as here LjMjollnir ill give you a hand 8)

12 hours ago, peteed1985 said:

My deck is 329 right now and I can't see any way forward :( if I try and join adventures I end up alone and if I go to advanced and look for active games it appears to only have 1 or 2 games. What i'm seeing looks to be a dead game noone plays? All the gear I have that can be leveled is.

The way forward is expiditons. You start from C1 and build your way up from there. You aint gonna see many people in C0 gear.

You'll see more people once you reached C7.