Martin Arcainess

Thoughts on forum?

Liking the looks of it so far!

A little sad that all the old links won't work, and that kinda made me qurious about why the switch was done. Like, did dd2 update theirs and dd1 had to follow, or was it a desired change in order make things look cleaner or to allow for more functionality to be implemented?

My old bookmark still led me to the old blog and forums, so I didn't know the new forums were up yet until I clicked on the twitter link. Then made that my new bookmark. This was my old bookmark . Might want to redirect that page to the new one to help other people find this place.

2 hours ago, gotrunks712 said:

I am not seeing my Defense Council title on my profile either.

Yeah they are working on it. Just give it time.

@Denkan the old forum was made by a company that went bankrupt, so Trendy had no support on it for a long while. They couldn't really implement new stuff easily (or probably any stuff at all), so they decided to change forum engine to have something that's not broken.

the new forum is, so weird, after being in the old one for so long. Not to mention yesterday getting a security scare from the site, making me owrried you guys got hacked or something lol

this will defo take some getting use to though, but i can see it being pretty cool looking ^,^

also, yay for first post here lol

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, IPBAdmin said:

• You are apart of the Defense Council still, it is just a secondary group that is not displayed yet.  We will be working on a system to display secondary group titles soon. Defense Council data could not be migrated, but the forum is still there for use.

So....does that mean, now the old forum is just "read-only"?

this will defo take some getting use to though, but i can see it being pretty cool looking ^,^

Indeed. I do like the old forum (NM4-ish) design (not the mechanics), I'll definitely miss it. But I'm sure when more features get implemented, this forums is going to be great!

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

The forum is dead - long live the new forum!

Hey everybody. Cheers for a new chapter in Dungeon Defender history, also with the new big update around the corner. 

Best wishes to all you players out there, and to the hard working dev team.

M.

• Like 2

Are we getting an app to use the forum ? Would be pretty cool.

my safari keep logging me off dunno why.

Seems ok so far. Can't seem where to find to delete posts, I was testing on my thread yesterday and had to edit out what I had. Lost 1500 posts too. Threads were moved to post origination date and weren't indexed properly it appears for some as well. 

2nd forum move iv seen in this game, probably ranks in #2 of 3. Original forums through tapatalk had features to be app integrated which was nice.

→ Love the layout / features so far, but bummed all of my forum bookmarks don't seem to be working anymore =( . I recognize that makes sense if the URL is slightly different, but even with the converted posts from the old version of the forums: anything that links to another forum post just takes the user to the Dungeon Defenders forums home page.

→ Granted, I understand this might just in inescapable evil associated with creating a new forum, but if there was any way to get the links embedded in the old forum posts to correctly point to the New Forum URL's, that would be amazing

Posted (edited)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/148849688722800640/551473997498417152/DDForum_Converter.zip

Someone in the ddrng discord made an app that converts old links to the new ones (need the full link for it to work) 

Dungeon_Defender_1_Forum_URL_Converter_0

Edit: added the "final" version
For example on what links from the old forum that works:
https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/148645/event-items-with-details
https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/114685/forum-rules-and-posting-guidelines

This won't work:
https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/148645/
https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/114685/

The second link worked on the old forums, but you need the full title for the new one.

Edited by Thaleskpl

Posted (edited)

@Thaleskpl - I really appreciate the response, but when I try to put the converted URL's using the tool you linked into a browser, I just see...

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

Edited by g_cracka88

Has anyone found a way to edit post titles? Stuck with a giveaway active that most certainly isn't.

48.83MB attachment size, what the hell are people gonna be attaching? 

@g_cracka88 I added examples to the post above, you probably tried to use on of the links on the bottom. You also can't add the redirecting to a specific comment on the url

@Thaleskpl - Thanks again for the response. So to give you an example of a URL that doesn't seem to want to work with the Converter Tool, I tried this one:

• Old URL: https://dungeondefenders.com/1/guides/51207/guide-how-to-use-a-controller-and-emulate-extra-controllers-at-the-same-time-win7
  • Converted URL: https://forums.dungeondefenders.com/forums/topic/-51207-guide-how-to-use-a-controller-and-emulate-extra-controllers-at-the-same-time-win7

With the examples you added to your other comment, I don't know why the format of the Old URL that I was using (from my Bookmarks) wouldn't work. I did note that my Bookmark had "guides" in the URL instead of "topic" , and so I tried manually changing the Converted URL to reflect this, but without any luck. For the record, I couldn't even find the Thread in question in the new forums when using the title ("how to use a controller and emulate...") as a search phrase, so maybe that thread in particular just didn't make it over for some reason?

6 hours ago, g_cracka88 said:

@Thaleskpl - Thanks again for the response. So to give you an example of a URL that doesn't seem to want to work with the Converter Tool, I tried this one:

With the examples you added to your other comment, I don't know why the format of the Old URL that I was using (from my Bookmarks) wouldn't work. I did note that my Bookmark had "guides" in the URL instead of "topic" , and so I tried manually changing the Converted URL to reflect this, but without any luck. For the record, I couldn't even find the Thread in question in the new forums when using the title ("how to use a controller and emulate...") as a search phrase, so maybe that thread in particular just didn't make it over for some reason?

The guides were probably deleted when the conversion was made, along with the DD1 news, so you won't be find them anymore

@Thaleskpl - ahh bummer there, but fortunately I don't think I really need any of the information from that specific guide anymore, so not the end of the world! (Thanks again for the reply)

On 3/1/2019 at 3:56 PM, IPBAdmin said:

• I changed the timeout on editing posts, so you can edit any post regardless of how long ago you posted it.

I still can't edit a thread I posted yesterday, any clues why?

For some reason, if I google something for DD2 and the link is to this forum, it does not bring me to the message, only the opening screen. And that is incredibly annoying.

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

For some reason, if I google something for DD2 and the link is to this forum, it does not bring me to the message, only the opening screen. And that is incredibly annoying.

That'll disappear over time. We have any old links go directly to the front page because otherwise we'd have to do a 1:1 manually to every thread brought over (no way to reference properly), and to quote a wise old meme, aint nobody got time for that.

Posted (edited)

i like the new Forum, especially  because of the icons :)

:gobulove:

And my Monk is still here, i love it :Emoji_Monk:

(Although i was 307 messages ... but the difference is so small, i don't  care)

Edited by emilian

15 hours ago, OoBLAKEoO said:

Can you link your game system account to your profile? 

I know Steam gets linked.. not sure about other platforms

Posted (edited)

The font is ridiculously small on desktop. There's really no reason it should be any less than 100% browser font-size; I have perfect vision but it's a strain without zooming. The font, Nunito, also has a smaller x-height than other fonts so it makes it even harder when at smaller sizes. On mobile, 14px is fine since you tend to hold the device closer to your eyes.

Edited by Little Magic Hat