Martin Arcainess

Thoughts on forum?

I'm loving it, now i can use my Nanatsu no Taizai gifs on my profile *-*

It's pretty neat! And I noticed that the engine is similar to another forum that I'm also in (Eurobricks) which also neat. Looking forward to interacting here more!

Just one thing....where's the "All Activity"?:squire_small:

• Like 2

Loving it so far, but agreed with the above about missing the recent activity posts section, or i just do not see it yet  :Sharkman_insane:

Man, my post count took a huge hit. Must be all my really old DD1 posts from way back when i guess...

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

We've got more functionality coming. We're knocking out some of the bugaboos that may be around, and then even more functionality!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

One good part of this new forum is, finaly pictures are displayed neatly!!  gobu

Also there are now Gobu emoji to use for everyone! To express your feelings with the help of the legion. 

:gwderp:

gwstratsf0.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hailminion said:

Everything looks super neat! 

Not sure if you working on this one already, a functionality which was at the old forum. 

When scrolling up, the top title line appear as soon as I start the scroll-up action. Now I actually have to scroll all the way up in order to get back to "home" or other places. It'd be hard when going through long threads. 

There's a nice orange arrow on the right bottom side that helps scroll for you. Or do you mean something else.

• Thanks 1

I'm fairly sure Iamisom had artificially inflated post counts in the past migration that happened as a reward for veteran users. (After the previous forum hosts WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS had wiped the forum by accident.)

I lost a good 500+ as well.

• Like 1

Happy to see the JavaScript-only, back-button-hijacking piece of crap gone. Now if only you could stop playing around with the scrollbar styling. The old forum had a 8px wide scrollbar, now its still 8px wide and also all black (background, arrows, tab, everything). Not everyone uses Chrome (I'm using Vivaldi).

21 minutes ago, Cymmina said:

Happy to see the JavaScript-only, back-button-hijacking piece of crap gone. Now if only you could stop playing around with the scrollbar styling. The old forum had a 8px wide scrollbar, now its still 8px wide and also all black (background, arrows, tab, everything). Not everyone uses Chrome (I'm using Vivaldi).

I just tested it on (in order) Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Vivaldi (all fresh installs), and here are the results:

Y87KHi7.png

As you can see, the scrollbars are all white. Yours may have a different theme, but because of this post, we tested it with Vivaldi on 4 different machines, and they all produced the result seen here. Our forums specifically are not affecting browser scroll options as far as we can tell.

• Like 2

I have only one thing that really annoys me about the forums.

• All the news from DD1 are just gone since the transition. If you go to news it only shows the old DD2 news.

Small QoL changes

• Dev tracker could be back again.
  • Defenders Lounge and forums bug should be accessible directly from the DD1 forums, instead of only from the DD2 forums.

image.thumb.png.d04d302230cd22ea75c7d065d80d4cad.pngimage.thumb.png.71457364a918b674fe582cfd0c338f24.png

• It would be nice if recent posts could only show the posts from the forums you're on, same as the last forums.
  • A spoiler function to use on posts would be really useful

Having a search function that works is nice.

• Like 2

We're still adding a bunch of functionality, we just wanted to get everyone over first. More is coming! :gobmas:

• Like 3

I just tried to edit my post, but I wasn't able to. Am I not seeing a button or is that still in the works?

EDIT: Well, I can edit this post, but not the one I made with the images a while ago, weird

Edited by Thaleskpl

Posted (edited)

The "Recent Posts" section is showing posts from both DD1 and DD2. While i do love and miss DD1 (PS4 - c'mon!!!), i would prefer it that when i am on the DD2 forum pages, only DD2 posts were displayed. Clutters up the feed's small area IMO. That or a tag on the post that clearly identifies which game it is from, without having to click on it. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LAWLTA said:

We're still adding a bunch of functionality, we just wanted to get everyone over first. More is coming!

Does that include the old veteran user ranks and defense council titles? Not to mention the inflated post counts.

2 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

The "Recent Posts" section is showing posts from both DD1 and DD2. While i do love and miss DD1 (PS4 - c'mon!!!), i would prefer it that when i am on the DD2 forum pages, only DD2 posts were displayed. Clutters up the feed's small area IMO. That or a tag on the post that clearly identifies which game it is from, without having to click on it. 

Agreed with this. Still it's a start! And yeah, "All Activity" is here!

• Like 1

i got a message using a quick link to the page saying im being hacked or something is wrong with the page must be because of new page?

so no more defense council i assume? my title is gone.

@Thaleskpl

• DD1 news was not able to be migrated but will be posted in the same news section as dd2 in the future. Tagged accordingly.
  • Dev tracker will be back.
  • Defenders Lounge should now be accessible from both forums.
  • Recent Posts will get an overhaul regarding DD1 and DD2 content display.
  • Spoiler function has been added to my list of requested features.
  • I changed the timeout on editing posts, so you can edit any post regardless of how long ago you posted it.

@Sn/+/per

• You are apart of the Defense Council it is just a secondary group that is not displayed yet.  We will be working on a system to display secondary group titles soon. Defense Council data could not be migrated, but the forum is still there for use.

@werox3

• We are trying to solve a cert issue that is likely causing what you saw. 
  • You are apart of the Defense Council still, it is just a secondary group that is not displayed yet.  We will be working on a system to display secondary group titles soon. Defense Council data could not be migrated, but the forum is still there for use.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, IPBAdmin said:
  • You are apart of the Defense Council still if you look at your profile.  We will be working on a system to display secondary group titles soon. Defense Council data could not be migrated, but the forum is still there for use.

I am not seeing my Defense Council title on my profile either.

52 minutes ago, gotrunks712 said:

I am not seeing my Defense Council title on my profile either.

It is only appearing on the backend right now.  We will be working on a way to display secondary groups that you are a part of soon.  Everyone who was in Defense Council before is still on it now.