Inxquerite

Let this map go

when drakenfrost keep was introduced and they forced us to play that map on the onslaught me and my friend were stopped from barging the floors and plays only occasionally for a few weeks until we lost interest. Today, three months later I decided to reinstall dd2 and guess what? the drakenfrost keep map remains mandatory on onslaught and I was amazed that even the Christmas tree and Christmas decoration were still in the game! What happened? No updates to remove this content? I liked the new boss and the ice map, but the mechanics fit better in the incursions not in the onslaught where we already have a high difficulty and a mandatory map which is the lost temple. I was very disappointed in my return, because I really love the game and loved climbing up the onslaught with my friend but that map gave us a lot of headaches sometimes and it took a lot of time that we did not have. Will the drakenfrost keep map will be removed from onslaught soon or will it remain? can keep the Christmas decoration she is very pretty ;3

I understand where you come from, as this map is the hardest for me as well. On higher floors, I barely ever pass it on my first try.

But: Since there is the restart from wave option, this limits the frustration involved with this. I don't have to start from scratch after failing wave 5, but can just evaluate where my build failed and quickly restart that wave.

Plus: People were complaining that DD2 is too easy. Now the devs make a map that is challenging, others (or the same?) are complaining that it is too hard.

Just my 2 cents.

either fix the bug where multiple lords comes and freeze up the entire map or remove that specific mechanic from the map. the map can still stay, but the mechanic is wonky

If I do recall correctly in a dev stream, TrendyMark said that they wanted to be similar to a scenario where we're at a shopping mall in February and be like "It's February! Why are the decorations still here?!"

As for updates, recently Trendy said that they're on maximum overdrive in producing the next update. We still don't what it actually and exactly will be but we know that they're working on it! But here's what they wanted to do - Post-Drakenfrost Check-In with Lawlta

This was the last map I have cleared in onslaught floor 149 before taking a break from onslaught so I have cleared it several times now.

It always feels a few DU short of a proper map considering it's designed for multiple lanes to fail during the map and the issue with the bottom two lanes that like to cross over and intermingle with each other meaning having to double up certain onslaught specific mutation counters as they can come in both routes and there is not really any choke point.

I reckon with just an other 100 DU it would be still a challenge but I don't feel it should be replaced in favour of the temple on floors 9 again as the Temple has a whole load more issues than this map ( all lag and crash related though).

Also they need to fix the cheap shot where the dragon freezes extra defenses from the 3 targeted, stop the dragonlord showing up in waves 2~5 whilst being on his dragon too. Could make the mini map more clear for frozen defenses for quick reference if you missed the breath attack.

The main advise is to reroll if there are headstrong assassins as these make it nearly impossible and anti fun.

Just to chime in:  I also hope this map (or at least the freeze mechanic) is removed from Onslaught. 

The freeze mechanic makes RNG way too significant. If the wrong lane is frozen it the wrong time, it’s insta-lose. I hate that. Perhaps if blockades were more robust, I could guarantee myself some time.  

But honestly, I would just rather not play this map.  I agree that the freeze mechanic belongs in incursions. 

• Like 1

the drakenfrost update was the straw that broke the camel's back for me . i have been playing since 2015 so i am probably just burned out . i try not to complain since TE got me to play this game for over 3k hours but the stuck mobs and broke pathing has worn on me . every single new map we have got plays horrible in onslaught in my opinion . i think it is odd the christmas tree is still there . i log in to do dailies and grab my present and have received more legendary cosmetic packs than all my floor climbing . i am guessing the fact we are still getting these gifts might be a sign onslaught is in for some big changes. for example what drops in onslaught and how the floor system works to get people playing together . for me 4 years is a long time to keep changing a game , i feel like it is time for DD3 to be honest . 

I have similar experiences with Lost Temple. Since we only play as a team of 2 (because we don't enjoy how DD2 handles public games), it is a great pain to run around on those huge maps. Whenever we have to play Lost Temple, we simply quit and do something else.

To be honest I don't see anything that could be done better. There's always a map someone hates. Basically I do like the idea of the Lost Temple, but it is a bit frustraing. ^^

@Rude..Boy quote:

Plus: People were complaining that DD2 is too easy. Now the devs make a map that is challenging, others (or the same?) are complaining that it is too hard.

Just my 2 cents.

A good suggestion about that came already in 2015 (maybe a bit earlier) but unfortunately, Trendy decided not to implement this:

Someone suggested we should be able to activate/deactivate certain modificators which would make the maps harder but would also give better loot.

Examples were inspired on what DD1 had for its survival maps: hardcore (if you die, respawn only in build phase), mixed mode (harder enemies and random intervalls), etc.

By doing so, those settings wouldn't be mandatory but whoever seeks a harder challenge (as well as better loot) might be happy about it.

Tree, what tree?   There is clearly no holiday tree giving out free chests beyond the holiday that it was implemented in.   None of us have been receiving free onslaught chests for weeks.   I sure haven't been logging in every day to pick one up.

Lets all just forget about that obviously misinformed part of this thread.   Let Trendy focus on important things that have nothing to do with removing the clearly non-existent tree (^_-) handing out the clearly non-existent onslaught chests (^_-).

@Unagi quote:

either fix the bug where multiple lords comes and freeze up the entire map or remove that specific mechanic from the map. the map can still stay, but the mechanic is wonky

exactly, the mechanics in the onslaught can be severe sometimes because of the mutations which causes us to fail several times, nothing against the map or lords because the work done in them is  incredible.

@RustyCounterweight quote:

Tree, what tree?   There is clearly no holiday tree giving out free chests beyond the holiday that it was implemented in.   None of us have been receiving free onslaught chests for weeks.   I sure haven't been logging in every day to pick one up.

Lets all just forget about that obviously misinformed part of this thread.   Let Trendy focus on important things that have nothing to do with removing the clearly non-existent tree (^_-) handing out the clearly non-existent onslaught chests (^_-).

the game is free to play, if you support the game and like the cosmetics buy your own chest. I enjoy the devs gifts to play more but do not expect a cheese on your breakfast tray.

Don't take away the tree. I love the tree...and its presents... Got so much new great flair from it. Love the tree...

I like Drakonfrost keep, i still dread doing it partly because during reset grinds its the only map i have to pay attention to which isnt a big deal but still a little annoying. The worst part for me is the fact that unless you have burning strikes its extremely hard to play and then to add to that if you try to play melee it takes forever to light all the torches you need, so unless your playing a mobile ranged character with burning strikes to make it easier, it becomes that much more challenging. As long as your doing this its not that hard to keep stuff de-frosted but i feel more limited by what i can do which sucks. Adding on the invisible double dragons is just a nice touch to make me wanna cry more, let me kill the dragon mid wave so i can let some pent up resentment out D:

Lawlta: oh boy can't wait to see how happy they're about the tree that we "forgot". 

Players: ReMoVe THe ChRiStMaS dEcOrATIOns!

Lawlta: sings *Last Christmas, I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears i'll give it to someone special*

@Jaws_420 quote:

Don't take away the tree. I love the tree...and its presents... Got so much new great flair from it. Love the tree...

Love the tree  too, so many mythical from it ♥

@Jaws_420 quote:

Third on this! Got stuffs like the Plexus Squire and Plexus Mystic too.

Now....Crow Lord set down, Mechanoid's Exhaust, Au set, Seismancer Familiars & Bonemancer's set to go!

I just finished my climb for onslaught this weekend 261 and since i am on ps4 Temple was always the challenge with lag but improved greatly with the server changes. Draken keep same as any map for me and you need to learn to use the free non freeze spots :) It really is not that difficult if you  don't spawn camp.

@Inxquerite quote:

@RustyCounterweight quote:

the game is free to play, if you support the game and like the cosmetics buy your own chest. I enjoy the devs gifts to play more but do not expect a cheese on your breakfast tray.

The tone of my post made it clear that I was making a joke......

Also, the game is for everyone and the amount of support that players provide is irrelevant.   That point is especially true when the devs are kind enough to give us a fun holiday event such as the non-existent tree that provides non-existent presents that include an item that players can get from just playing onslaught.

While I like the map, I can’t stand the Incursion being on Onslaught, It’s just not fun.  If Trendy wanted to make Onslaught more  bearable they would have more maps available per floor.. that’s the problem.. I should never get 6 Re-Rolls of the Throne Room or  assault  On Trone Room.

But I’m with you,, get rid of the Incursion. 😄

• Like 1

I'm a solo player, I've been stuck on 79 for a while. I've had enough, the freezing adds an element of luck which is annoying. 

I've had enough. bye DD2.

11 hours ago, CrusadeR@DD2 said:

I'm a solo player, I've been stuck on 79 for a while. I've had enough, the freezing adds an element of luck which is annoying. 

I've had enough. bye DD2.

If you’re on Xbox Man I’ll help you out. 👍🏻