Sign in to follow this  
danielader

High Onslaught Lost Temple lagging

Hey guys,

I am pushing onslaught with a friend, and we are having really weird lags on the lost temple making it unplayable.

We started having those problems right after the patch on Wednesday we did floor 464 even tho it was pretty much unplayable. It´s only on the lost temple everything else is working fine without any lags.

On Thursday the lag continued on the temple (474) and we tried changing the region to US-west and that seems like a fix.

On the same note, we are still lagging because of ping we are from Europe.

My friend is streaming everything so you can even check out his POV.

POV -> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/384369235?t=03h20m27s 

Does anyone have the same issue? 

Does anyone know a fix?

Is it something trendy has to look into?

I really hope there is something that can be done because this is unplayable and switching region shouldn't be something we have to do to be able to play the game.

Anyway thanks for reading!

I've also found temple quite unplayable in high onslaught. I have to stay in one quiet lane, shoot directly in front and trust that the rest to the build will hold, but if my build isn't holding my chances of not just getting across the map but being able to do something when I get there are about as good as my frame rate, near zero. It clears up on Omega so it would be number of enemies causing the lag and the size of the map. But still when you go into temple and your biggest trepidation is lag there is something wrong.

• Like 1

From the looks of it and based on others that have said they have "Lag" issues my best guess is actually pretty funny. Each time one of you said you had lag issues there were three and a half billion (exaggeration) effects going on all at the same time. I suspect that changing out the barb and going lighter on the WM will stop the game from having to check for so many things at the same time so it has time to check for player action. Just watching the video and thinking about the single lane the Barb was on and how many checks the game has to do per second was very high. That's kind of the funny part of that is right since it's the players creating the issue and not the servers or internet.

What you're saying about the amount of graphic mayhem is correct and my initial thoughts were of walls and cannon/balista builds but the reality is that ain't going to work. I've shut down all settings pertaining to extra graphics, dmg numbers etc but they have created the monster for us to use, you can't turn around at the final hour and say well..... No it's obvious Trendy doesn't think things through and plan for all consequences. Terrible builders imo.

• Like 1

Less about the graphical side of things and more about the volume of calculations that the game needs to make. Its measuring range of each defense/frostfire/grave infection/and other mods in relation to enemies, enemy movement and AI, damage calculations (including crit and on proc effects such as stuns), Diminishing returns on every enemy, tracking the hp of every enemy, spawn times and enemy amount to spawn, player movement and attacks (ranges/dmg/etc). The sheer volume of things going on in any given second can be overwhelming and the server tracks all of it and gives that information to every player in the current map. Its also doing this for every player in the game. Now servers are very powerful and are able to do this but all that info has to travel through cables and nodes between you and the server. This issue sounds like its closer to packet loss than lag. Lag means there is some kind of interruption to the internet, where packet loss is data that does not make the trip from one side to the other.

The Lost Temple is a piece of crap, they need to either just get rid of it entirely or do a serious re-work on it so that it functions how it’s supposed to. It’s completely unfair to have to battle lag, rubber banding, and broken mob lanes in addition to the intended difficulty. Half the time I don’t even have enough DU cause I have to ration it between the intended lanes and side lanes that mobs randomly decide to wander down. The screen just outright freezes on splitscreen (PS4) until it cuts to a picture of a broken crystal 5 minutes later. It just isn’t fun, I feel like it’s the year 2000 again and I’m playing some broken piece of crap game from some third party developer. It’s 2019....this kind of stuff is unacceptable by today’s standards. I’m at the point where, whenever I see that I’m at a temple floor, I just don’t wanna play anymore. In fact, I stopped climbing recently cause I’m in a temple floor and can’t be bothered to deal with the bull***. At least the drakenfrost level, while challenging, actually f***ing works, and I can see what I’m doing.

• Like 2

Well to be honest Exglint on PS4 its laggy before you build anything. Only map that does it.

I agree with DoctorJuice.  If the problem is that the servers can not keep up with the build, then the game needs to spawn less enemies.  Don't implement calculations that the servers can't deal with.  With a Ryzen 7 1700x and even just 16 gigs of ram, I almost never go much above 20% cpu usage or 40% ram even with chrome tabs open.  Gpu usage is negligible.  If the servers can't keep up, that is the company's fault, period.  Ffs, let me play it offline then.  One of the many reasons I won't be playing DDA.  

It would be one thing if this was an optional map, but it's not.  I'm not even to floor 100 yet and every time I run into this map it's a slog.  It's a pain, not fun and ruining the game.  

• Like 1

in lost temple map you better hope your build holds because you can't do much dps because of the lag almost unplayable  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I love the lag! I’m so happy we get the Lost Temple Map every 10 floors! 

Edited by MrPeterPFL
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, MrPeterPFL said:

I love the lag! I’m so happy we get the Lost Temple Map every 10 floors! 

guess we just have to be happy with it lol 

• Like 1

Every map is unplayable for me, everything starts lagging and i can't do anything. I dont know if thats because of the frostfire (wich is very buggy and op), the shatterquake mod on earthshatter (btw this mod procs the frostfire, its a insane mess atm) or the insane amount of enemys in higher onslaught. Maybe it's everthing that a mentioned before.

If you guys get lag on Lost Temple do you also get lag on The Jacked Sparrow map just by being inside it?

35 minutes ago, Vindicit said:

If you guys get lag on Lost Temple do you also get lag on The Jacked Sparrow map just by being inside it?

Yeah lags bad