Sign in to follow this  
Burgeoning Balls

Mastery leaderboards

I  have completed Mastery but returned last night to try for some high scores. I beat the leaderboard scores on 2 maps but today when I looked it doesn't show my name/score on either.

Gt: desktop joe

Platform: xbone

Mastery C7

Maps: Greystone Plaza, Ramparts Siege

Date/Time: 20*21st Feb, 11pm - 3 am Est.

(I'm in New Zealand so those times are estimates)

Just wondering whether I'm wasting my time in Mastery chasing the high scores.

Chances are yes, you may be wasting your time. Leaderboards are a bit of an after thought. mastery especially. With introduction of mods mastery became much easier. Because of this I don't think the leaderboard gets updated as the game has changed alot since the first week race to complete.

It's true that the mods have made things easier but that has no bearing on high scores. I think the leaderboards are the ONLY inducement atm to revisit Mastery as replaying it is never on anyone's list of things to do.

@Burgeoning Balls quote:

The real question is do they still register if not on the boards? I don't really need my name in lights but I WANT THAT CROWN.

The crowns were from an event spanning 7 weeks. Week one was C1, week two was C2 and so on.  People competed to become top 10 every week, to receive the crown from that appropriate Chaos tier. If I recall correctly one Mastery chaos tier at that point in the game, took the best of us around 4.5-5 hours to beat. (I don´t know how long the tiers takes to beat now, with mods, and tweaks, haven´t played it since.)

Some people teamed up to have an advantage, or used the Dryad, which at that point was a super strong builder. I personally never liked the Dryad so I didn´t use her at all. I´m pretty sure I´m the only soloist that didn´t use the Dryad at all at that time. 

People with no real life obligations had the upper hand in this event, because like I said, it took 5 straight hours of gaming to be in the running for top 10. I did manage to have a clear, "non girlfriend-no kids" period of time for week three, and placed top 10 in Mastery Chaos tier 3, which resulted in a title and a crown.

So you can´t get one of those crowns anymore, unless Trendy makes a similar event.

M.

Yes I vaguely remember that at the time and although going for high scores was out of my league I did progress through. It was brought to my attention a couple of months back by someone who had one of the crowns and I asked how he got it. Basically getting the high scores or in the top 10 of every map of a particular tier. He was an old timer and in a team so I suppose he was alluding to that time. I'll catch him somewhere and grill him on more details. But you're are probably very right. Pity, I do think such a prize would encourage people back to Mastery. Hmm I might just do it to do it and bother Trendy until they update the boards.

@Burgeoning Balls quote:

Yes I vaguely remember that at the time and although going for high scores was out of my league I did progress through. It was brought to my attention a couple of months back by someone who had one of the crowns and I asked how he got it. Basically getting the high scores or in the top 10 of every map of a particular tier. He was an old timer and in a team so I suppose he was alluding to that time. I'll catch him somewhere and grill him on more details. But you're are probably very right. Pity, I do think such a prize would encourage people back to Mastery. Hmm I might just do it to do it and bother Trendy until they update the boards.

Like Majean mentioned, the Crown flairs were from a race and are not score related in any way. It was a race to see who could complete first. So sadly, these crowns are all issued out and are not currently obtainable.

3 ideas for Mastery events come to mind;

-a toggleable ingame timer so everyone can compete at any point in time whenever they have the time of doing so (allowing for a record to be beaten months and years later)

-the leader boards should update the defenses/stats being used by each player (this one is a maybe; I think it would be interesting to know but, respectfully, maybe not everyone likes this idea)

-{disable mods or shards, have it setup in a way we have the crossover hero-testing area where you're given gear/shards/heroes to try out.  (hope this one makes sense because I'm just going based off my own descriptions of things here since I don't specifically remember what the hero-testing area is called)}; basically, set the limitations of the challenge by providing & disabling things. 

@Burgeoning Balls quote:

I  have completed Mastery but returned last night to try for some high scores. I beat the leaderboard scores on 2 maps but today when I looked it doesn't show my name/score on either.

Gt: desktop joe

Platform: xbone

Mastery C7

Maps: Greystone Plaza, Ramparts Siege

Date/Time: 20*21st Feb, 11pm - 3 am Est.

(I'm in New Zealand so those times are estimates)

Just wondering whether I'm wasting my time in Mastery chasing the high scores.

I honestly think you aren't wasting your time, but you aren't playing mastery for the right reasons.

The purpose of mastery is ultimately the Hyper Shards: Destructive Pylon, Vicious Strikes, Hyper Destruction, etc. They are to give you an edge when you play Onslaught. You should take solace in the fact you are playing well enough to be able to crush Mastery, especially given we live in an age of permastun Weapon Manus and Pirate/Frosty weaponry combos.

As someone who has been on the leaderboards in Sanctum 2 Survival and Diablo III Achievements for Season 2, it isn't ultimately worth it other than the former letting me design a perk. One of my buds crushed every record in the first game of the former had his name immortalized on a character + credits, but the company inevitably stabbed all of us in the back with their ***ty Goat Simulator. 

It is a nice memory in the long run though.