Questions about AP reset

These threads are always interesting.  How the system [currently] works is fairly easy and straight forward.  How to make the most of your first reset you are surrounded with people who can help and will support you.  And then the circle comes around in full and folks realize, "Why have I reset so many times to keep grinding my way back up from Chaos 1, through 7, through the floor I need to reset? And why are there such steep requirements on materials?"  Ah the youth of AP that as they grow they figure out, "WTF?!" :-)

There is a fast way to get through low resets if you have a friend to help you (that's in c7 gear). Only required to do 1 map of each chaos tier

@Kambien quote:

These threads are always interesting.  How the system [currently] works is fairly easy and straight forward.  How to make the most of your first reset you are surrounded with people who can help and will support you.  And then the circle comes around in full and folks realize, "Why have I reset so many times to keep grinding my way back up from Chaos 1, through 7, through the floor I need to reset? And why are there such steep requirements on materials?"  Ah the youth of AP that as they grow they figure out, "WTF?!" :-)

@BeerGoggles quote:

There is a fast way to get through low resets if you have a friend to help you (that's in c7 gear). Only required to do 1 map of each chaos tier

@Kambien quote:

This is true, I have a second account fully capable of this; however, it's greatly unbalanced in terms of materials and redoing the grind from C1 to C7 repeatedly is unnecessary to both restart in such or way or be necessary to have a second account - granted this is simply more money for a F2P game.  Who is Trendy to complain about game design. ;-)  

@tdb quote:

I'm ascension level 210-something and have beaten onslaught floor 28, so it won't be too long until I meet the conditions for the first AP reset.  So I'm wondering about some details.

Since every additional onslaught floor increases the minimum ascension level (by 12?) it seems that I should keep advancing in onslaught at least as long as I can easily clear floors.  Is there any general wisdom for when to reset?

AFAIK all gear is reset to campaign tier and all shards are reset to level 1.  I guess this goes for gear and shards stored in the inventory and vault as well?  Chips and servos will retain their levels but are reset to campaign tier, right?

Since tinkering cost goes up with gear tier, does it make sense to wait until the AP reset before transferring any mods?  I suppose doing a few mods at C7 could help me clear some additional onslaught floors.

Does anything happen to crafting materials or gold?  If they stay intact, I could pretty easily upgrade my gear right after the reset and skip the first few chaos tiers (depending on how much materials I have stored at that point).

Don't just aim for the minimum requirements. Try to go beyond that and get about 400+ Min Asc or better. If you know anyone in Communities who can help you, ask for assistance for higher floors if you got trouble.

You will lose all your upgrade levels on shards that aren't gilded, your current Ascension Level, your gear goes back to Campaign 10/10 and your Onslaught progress goes to Min 5, Required 30. You also get 1 AP point to spend, which not only buffs your stats but it also stacks to other players and theirs adds onto yours.

For gear climbing, your best bet is to bring enough Materials and Gold to cover 1-3 Medallions and then just Scavenge everything else. I have written a guide called Etherian Economics that covers how much of both you will need per defense to get it back to Chaos 7 10/10.