Sign in to follow this  
Armedias

Defender Medal Amount Infinite

Heey everyone,

I like to see the amount of defender medals you can hold to be infinite ( or atleast to 50k). Currently it's capped at 12000 which seems odd to me. I don't know if there is any reasoning behind it, but this should be changed and could be easily changed aswell.

Thoughts? 

My thoughts on the cap is that it is there to promote use of the currency. Instead of hoarding it, you have to basically "use it or lose it". This keeps you constantly out there buying Wayfarer weapons, doing tinkering, or buying rare pets. At first, i found it restrictive, but now after having to work with it over the last year - i don't mind the cap at all. When the Barbarian was released, you could buy him  for 12k DMs, which made it so that most people did not have that juts "on-hand" and that made earning him a task to works towards, rather than a given with surplus funds. TBH i use DMs so often, i really am never at that cap amount anyways. I exist around 7k most of the time. Once i buy all of the rare pets (of which i have 2 left to go), i will likely hit this cap a lot easier, and would then want to see it go up a little. Plus, most of my tinkering is now done, so i don't have much else use for DMs here in the near future. 

Maybe they should sell extenders. Like 12k DMs for another 1000 space. Then 13k for another 1000. Keep maxing out to buy a little more room. Be a goal to work towards i guess with a price tag hefty enough to make most not want to use it, but for those of us with nothing else to do - that is something to do. Just an idea... 

Or maybe we can charge DMs instead of gold in our players shops. Be a way to spend it.