Sign in to follow this  
Dreizehn

Water + Storm with Weapon Manufacturer and Flame Aura?

Yesterday I have joined a public game where a guy managed to stun all the enemies only by using weapon manufacturer and flame auras.

At first I thought that I should just use water and storm servos, but then I realized I cannot use storm servos for flame auras. (no idea why)

Any idea how this build/combo was possible?

@Dreizehn quote:

Yesterday I have joined a public game where a guy managed to stun all the enemies only by using weapon manufacturer and flame auras.

At first I thought that I should just use water and storm servos, but then I realized I cannot use storm servos for flame auras. (no idea why)

You can only add an elemental attack to a tower that does not have an inherit one already - so FA has flame already, therefore you cannot make it another element. WM has no element, so you can add Water servo to it, and the SR MOD does shocking damage, but does not make it a Shock element tower, so therefore you can drench and shock on the same tower. Making a WM do crowd control does take away its ability to deal effective damage. 

Likely what you saw was the WM doing all crowd controlling, and the FA was used to deal damage and kill the locked up enemies. 

This is exactly how I build for my AP reset runs, with an LSA slapped on top for good measure. Shocking Revelations and Water mods on my WM. In fact, I dont even spend motes on my WM during my runs. I just keep them at Campaign level. All I use it for is the stun. Usually one WM node per lane, with 2-3 FA's and an LSA per lane. If I'm feeling extra cheeky and have the DU, I'll include an Earthshatter with Earth Toss. 

@Dreizehn quote:

If you're on Xbox then that was me xD
Let me break it down for you, there are elements in this game where together they create an elemental combo e.g. Fire + Oil = Ignite. In this case it's Water + Storm = Shock, unfortunately you cannot have 2 elemental mods in one relic (Found that the hard way), they have to be separate.
BUT! In this case EV (Robot Chick) has a unique mod called "Shocking Revelation" for her Weapon Manufacture. Every hero has a unique mod e.g. Abysal Lord has Lingering Fire for his Rampsters.
This is the only exception where two elements can work together in one relic.
I use the The Flame Aura as the DPS/ main damage dealer, you can use something else like Cannonball Tower, Poison Darts, Earth Shatters etc. 

What you need: 

Weapon Manufacture: Water Servo, Shocking Revelation, Range Servo
Shards: Deadly Strikes, Destruction. Optional: Attack Rate, Automation, Node Increase

Flame Aura: Anti Melee, Anti Orcs, Range Servo Optional: Melee Boom
Shards: Deadly Strikes, Destruction, Defence Rate

What you can do is have two other defence fusing the two elements together: 

Weapon Manufacture: Water Servo
Poison Darts: Storm Servo 

Hope this helps! (P.S You have to be EV to get a high chance of getting the Shocking Revelation mod, it may take 4 or 5 games but it's worth it :D) 

Thanks for the responses and explanations.

I already have the water mod on  the relict for my weapon manufacturer.

...good to know that i can only one element. ^^ I was not aware of that, so I was rather clueless why tinkering with my flame aura was a waste.

So I will keep an eye open to my drops in hope to obtain a relict with shocking revelations on it.

I was not sure if I should play EV2 or if it is enough to have her in my deck, so thanks again... I'll keep her active now.

[[184562,users]] I am playing on PC. ^^ ...that would have been a cool coincidence though.

WM is the current meta when it comes to crowd controlling. EV2 is worth having for this one tower alone, let alone 2 of the other defs. are also very useful. WM with a SR mod and a Water servo creates  a nice 1-2 shock-stun combo. The 3rd slot is most ideal for a level 10 Tenacity, but those are hard to find, so a Rate mod is a nice second choice, but you have room to play with this slot as you see fit - like a melee boom, power or whatnot. Then just crank up the abilities for the tower to work - so focus on shards for Rate, Deadly Strikes, and again the 3rd slot has room for variance, but Destruction is always a good choice. The main idea is to have the tower fire as fast as possible and cover the most ground, as the 'stun' is the main goal, not power. 

WMs also do not need to ever be healed or upgraded, so they are incredibly low maintenance to upkeep. On top of that, Flying Kobolds and Kobolts with aggro them and dive bomb without doing any damage, so it also provides air protection if placed right. 

This gives you a very powerful way to lock up enemies anywhere on the amp, and it can be used on air lanes if positioned right. Use this lock-up to your advantage, and add some firepower nearby to kill anything caught in your setup (auras being a common complementary def). 

Once you have a WM fully decked out, you will wonder why you waited so long to have it. One of the very best defs. in the game right now. Especially once you get that Tenacity (or the Automation HS) on it. Then no Cybork or Dragon can ever take it down. 

Then there are the otehr EV2 defs. - Proton Beams and Reflect Beams that both also have multiple uses and reasons to have fully decked out. EV2 is a very strong builder IMO. 

Sounds pretty cool. Today was not a lucky day but I'll keep searching for that Shocking Revelation. I just have to keep in mind it's a mod and not a shard. ^^ 

@Dreizehn quote:

Sounds pretty cool. Today was not a lucky day but I'll keep searching for that Shocking Revelation. I just have to keep in mind it's a mod and not a shard. ^^ 

Good luck!!!!!! It will be on a Relic, and your odds of getting one go up if EV2 is in your active deck while you play. Also, check player shops as they are often sold. I would buy a low value one for cheap, and then just reroll it up. High value SRs go for a lot of gold... 

hello i give my choice with weapon manufacturer

1/ deadly strike (gifted)

2/ defense rate (gifted)

3/ vicious strike

mods : 1/ shocking revelation, 2/ water chip, 3/ tenacity

like this you obtain

1/ combo electrocution

2/max rate 0.31 s (if defense rate not gifted 0.4 second)

3/ great range average 1850 (range is very important versus air lane : i use just weapon manufacturer versus air lane : onslaught lvl80 (max range is 2000)

4/ ork become inoffensif with tenacity : obtain a 10 mod tenacity is a priority, i advise to use pristine token lvl7 to obtain a 10 (max 280 try) or paid 40 50 60 ... millions

with this weapon manufacturer you need a good flame aura (my choice is basic :destruction, deadly strike, defense rate, mod : anti frosties, anti boom frosties, tenacity

and finally a good tower : earthshatter for example ;)

hope can help you

I use gilded Deadly , Def rate ( non Gilded ) and destruction ( non gilded)  with Shocking , water , Tenacity.  I find with the shock combo i don't need the max rate for stun. I think it sits at .38 non gilded.

I rarely use 2 nodes on it. 1 node , 1 fa , 1 lsa and fissure for the most part is the standard set up. I add to that as needed. So that is  like 140 du base per lane

Thanks. Yesterday's farming did not bring me luck. Today I have found Shocking Revelations in a player shop. (I have never thought about looking there ^^°)

@MrPeterPFL quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

If you're on Xbox then that was me xD

Or the other 99% of the player base...  nothing special about this!

My WM shard setup is Vicious Strikes, Gilded Deadly Strikes, Gilded Def Rate.  The usual mods, SR; Water; 10/10 Tenacity.  This is geared towards onslaught for me, you could drop range for mass Destr / Destr if you just want to faceroll c7s.

Range is king for CC WM, it can also be placed for air spawns saving some DU since each node is 30.  Even if not gilded, vicious strikes and deadly strikes should push around 1500-1600 range.  My setup is 1850+ with AP.  A single node can cover most spawns, but be mindful if high mob count spawns can overrun a single node.  IIRC - a node can target 10 mobs at once.