Draken Lord cannot be ignited anymore

Since yesterday we have the problem that the Draken Lord simply does not care anymore if we use Oil Flask and Piercing Shot on him.

Every time he appears. we need to keep our barricades alive until the game kills him. No matter how often we repeat this.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? The sole reason I can think about (although this should not be possible) is that it is because of our Proton Beams. We have started using them yesterday  and the stun seems to be displayed as an frozen enemy, if I get this right.

Any ideas how this should be handled?

edit: We have now deleted the Proton Beams but it still took about 8 or nine Oil Flasks + Piercing Shots until he was ignited. Did anyone else experience this? From my point of view this makes harder levels impossible thanks to what seems like a broken mechanic.

I had that happen a couple of times on Forgotten Ruins.  Never found out what was wrong, the issue just went away and I was able to reliably ignite him once more.

Thanks for confirming that we did not become insane. ^^

I hope this won't happen on C5 too.

Does anybody know how long the timer is after which the game kills the enemies by default?

I use burning strikes shard for igniting the drakenlord which pretty much always works.

I have had him glitch a few times in onslaught where he gets stuck in the spawn with his bubble on and nothing can ignite him so you have to sit and wait 3~5 mins for him to die.

Also once he had soft spot and spell breaker mutations and seemed immune to any fire I threw at him dispite aiming for his head the frost bubble never dropped and he killed the core.

What you have might be him glitching if not try for burning strikes shard which drops from C5 as that is pretty reliable on a fast firing ranged weapon and will also light the braziers in the Drakenfrost map.

Also I put 3~5 minute for the auto kill in spawn ... this is my frustration guess, not sure what the actual time is but whatever it is it is too long TBH.

He’s been really Glitchy as of late for me on Xbox, sometimes his bubble just won’t go down. BurningStrikes and the Huntress do nothing. Really annoying. 😄

Been seeing this myself the last couple of days.. very annoying..

Basically what ive noticed is he is coming out already on fire.. and stays on fire .. its related to another bug i havent worked out how to trigger its to do with shard/mod effects on weapons being triggered from Towers

Something is being confused with their state logic making it impossible to set him on fire once his shield is up and already on fire.. ive noticed if he isnt being targeted by my towers the fire goes away and you can then set him on fire and remove the shield..

had a great load of time experimenting in a level were he didnt want to attack the objective but as soon as my towers would attack him again the shield was up and he was on fire and i was unable to remove the shield.

So it is something to do with the mod/shard from weapons activation on enemies by towers thats what i have it nailed down to.. but as how to trigger that on purpose i dont know how.. at the moment for me its automatic.. all enemies are automatically on fire when targeted by my Earth Shatters

/Edit .. just to clarify.. there is NO elemental effect on my Earth Shatters.. no mods no shards.. only Power/Rate/Range for both mods and shards

I've encountered this problem through out the lower 1-4 chaos tiers. I've used Oil Geysers and Flame auras, Huntress abilities, and he can't be killed until the game kills him. In some cases he glitched my ability of the huntress to animate wrong and not even penetrate his frost bubble for some reason. 

@FallenFenix1985 quote:

I've encountered this problem through out the lower 1-4 chaos tiers. I've used Oil Geysers and Flame auras, Huntress abilities, and he can't be killed until the game kills him. In some cases he glitched my ability of the huntress to animate wrong and not even penetrate his frost bubble for some reason. 

That sounds like a different bug ;). when swapping characters you can sometimes get a mix between the 2 sometimes the character mesh is really broken others it looks fine but the abilities are bugged... i believe that one is to do with some kind of network latency.. i have several network options i play around with and it happens quite often on my slow network ;)

Or it could be a completely new bug i havent encounted yet.. anything is possible with this game 8)

This randomly happens to me (less than a handful of times so far) but when it has I switch to another character, switch back, and he ignites properly.

• 2 years later...

Yep, 2021 and this is still an issue, nothing that used to work actually works now like burning strikes or lingering hellfire for skeletal ramster, might as well quit the match when he appears

• 1 month later...

I have experienced this problem and there is a factor that can cause it: 

Because Oil is technically a crowd control effect that applies a Slow, if you burn through the Lord's crowd control resistance (either by stunlock or repeating petrifies), it sometimes can't be oiled until the crowd control resist resets. 

On 6/8/2021 at 7:50 PM, zombiemonkey said:

Yep, 2021 and this is still an issue, nothing that used to work actually works now like burning strikes or lingering hellfire for skeletal ramster, might as well quit the match when he appears

Lingering Hellfire I don't think causes an ignite. Burning Strikes does.