Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Lingering hellfire or regular fire damage on ramsters.

Anyone tested whats better? Does the lingering damage double up on frosties? I used to test everything myself, but me and the game are in a "it´s complicated" status, and have been for the last year or so. 

M.

@hailminion quote:

I'm  assuming fire is better. Lingering Hellfire works like Shock Rev in terms of defense elemental attuning (they do not attune defense attack). so u can have Lingering Hellfire and Water mod on rams, and be doing only 25% of original dps (water reduction) + 144k additional set damage x2. In most cases, I'd think 200% of million dps is greater than 288k set damage

but that's just my theory. if nobody has tested by the time I get off work I will try and update post

I also assumed fire was better, but I don´t remember why I came to that assumption, maybe the lingering hellfire doesn´t make the tower a "fire" tower, I think the fire icon on the tower is missing when you equip the lingering mod only. This is just me guessing and trying to remember , cool if you update your post after testing!

I had lingering hellfire initially on my ramsters and had the same reservations about it's effectiveness so switched it out for a fire servo and they are much more effective I feel at shutting down frosty lanes ... again I think that pure fire defense damage x2 against frosty lanes (plus my 10/10 anti frosty servo) was better than whatever the lingering hellfire damage might be.

No test data just anecdotal evidence on me progressing up to floor 150 in onslaught with the fire servo set up.

It's probably easier to test now a days with retry wave as you can set up gauge how the defenses are doing and then fail then retry with the new set up ... used to have too many variables and the training dummies are pretty useless to work out how well a set up is going to work.

One added bonus to Lingering is that it ignites the Drakkenlord fella.  

It does not change the damage type of the tower.  Mine are set to water at the moment

I made my ram dedicated to frost killing - fire, anti-frost, and rate or more power. Hellfire does damage over time, but i prefer raw all at once piercing power instead. I partner that with a flame aura i place at the tip of its range that also has frostsplosion in it. I am pretty sure that ignited frost enemies do same dmg over time as reg enemies. Thought i tested that before i finished my ram build. 

You can put Both Mods on the Ramsters, I think I have a 10 Anti frost and and  10 Fire and a 7 LH.

Haven’t upgraded it yet though.. ( Prestiged stuff) 

@MaJean quote:

Anyone tested whats better? Does the lingering damage double up on frosties? I used to test everything myself, but me and the game are in a "it´s complicated" status, and have been for the last year or so. 

M.

@gcstephen13 quote:

You can put Both Mods on the Ramsters, I think I have a 10 Anti frost and and  10 Fire and a 7 LH.

Haven’t upgraded it yet though.. ( Prestiged stuff) 

@MaJean quote:

M.

Does having both Fire and Lingering Hellfire double up the lingering dmg on frosties?

@MaJean quote:

Does having both Fire and Lingering Hellfire double up the lingering dmg on frosties?

The fire does double damage on initial attacks, but the Hellfire does not do any extra that i am aware of. 

"maybe the lingering hellfire doesn´t make the tower a "fire" tower"

because of the description I am quite sure, that it adds a certain amount of fire damage but does not change the primary damage type. I use two different relics for the rams, one with fire, anti frost and melee boom the other with anti melee, melee boom and rate. The second one I use for the onslaught modifier which requires magic damage instead of physical. Here might lingering hellfire be a nice idea.

Flat Fire would be better as you are not only getting a flat power increase, but you are adding a 100% damage increase before Anti-X calculations against Frosty enemies TO THE FULL ATTACK.

I am not sure if Lingering Hellfire counts as an effect for Pile On though. It is only good if you want to ignite the Drakenlord, but I already got a few characters who can do that as it is.