Sign in to follow this  
Zombina

Automation : Bug or Normal?

Hi,I would like to know if Automation is  a normal shard or bugged please .

The  describtion says : Heal for 2% of its health each time it attack but then  it  does more than heal itself,it also act as a Tenacity 10/10 c8 giving -100% Duration of negative status effects .

Why it is oing that? it is a bug that need to be fixe or it's really something the devs added into the game?

if it is then  that shard is a must have alongside of the Destructive pylon

for the answers in advance

There was no official announcement made when it gained these new properties, so not sure anyone other than TE can confirm that question. However, before - this was one of the lamest shards in all of mastery, and it was the final one. I felt betrayed, bewildered, and sad... But now...oh my, yes - now it is a prize worthy of the effort. An incentive to beat that mode! 

So by god i hope it is by design. If it gets changed...i will be so very disappointed. 

There are a few other Hypershards that could also use a makeover "wink wink"...

I hope it's not bugged. At this rate, it will be the only "10/10 Tenacity" I will ever get haha. With that said, I do like how the Hypershard also has the Tenacity properties, making it another reason to go through Mastery to acquire it. 

Jaws is right though. When it was first revealed, it seemed pretty lackluster.  I think it was a whole different shard at the beginning too (of Mastery), but don't quote me on that.

Yeah before gaining it's new functionality this shard was a disgrace... all stars on mastery for a shard that provided a slight healing effect, in an era where nobody bothered with walls anyway and if your towers are getting damaged then place them better.

It also costs 3000 medals or 3 million gold to fully upgrade as if to stand out from the other hypershards, so was very lack luster as a reward for completing mastery. 

At least now it's a guaranteed 10 tenacity for those that complete mastery mode which is actually a mighty fine reward and removes some dependency on RNG.

@Hijumper885 quote:

~snip~

Jaws is right though. When it was first revealed, it seemed pretty lackluster.  I think it was a whole different shard at the beginning too (of Mastery), but don't quote me on that.

I think it was different at the beginning.... if I recall after the races to max stars it was talked about being OP and then patched although I never saw any real posts detailing how OP it was .... maybe it was a sick joke from those in the know to get us all to play mastery to the end😲

It has always been like this, and as far as we're concerned, there are currently no plans to change this.

The only "change" to this shard was a bug fix that had to do with a pet interaction caused full healing defenses.

Love your answer 

I'm on my way to this shard atm. 20 Matery Maps left to it. 

Mastery isn't as difficult as it was without mods. I think now it's really fun with a full loaded battery of towers. 

and the mad rush is on , mastery has never been so popular :) .. Now fix lost temple PS4 :) 

im glad that tenacity stays on this HShard... but isnt a bit weird that you cant get full benefit of those 2 properties?... i mean autoheal is useless on those defs (auras, traps, nodes) that you might want to use tenacity, and tenacity is mostly useless on those defs (walls, towers) that can benefit from autoheal function...

Sweet heavens! This is great! Thanks for the clarification Lawlta!

Now we just need it to be called "Tenacious Automation". ;)

@doqpelganga quote:

im glad that tenacity stays on this HShard... but isnt a bit weird that you cant get full benefit of those 2 properties?... i mean autoheal is useless on those defs (auras, traps, nodes) that you might want to use tenacity, and tenacity is mostly useless on those defs (walls, towers) that can benefit from autoheal function...

That is a very good point. Maybe for balance/tradeoff? You want a tenacity without hunting for the perfect quality? There's this shard but you won't benefit from its lifesteal. 

However, the only defenses I can imagine that could utilize both properties are towers like SGTs and PDTs fighting Kobolts. Immune to being stunned and it could still fight on and heal the damage that the Kobolts inflicted on it. 

Of course this is just theory. I'm not sure whether it would actually work as mentioned as of course there's variables that there might be multiple kobolts dives simultaneously.