Sign in to follow this  
Dreizehn

Is the Material Vault going to be improved? (or is it my fault?)

Since I have been restarting DD2 after quite a long break, the Material Vault made me spend gems for the frist time since Winter 2015 because the idea seemed indeed very convenient to me.

Now, after I am using it, it seems to me as if I still have to collect those materials in my regular bags only to manually transfer them at the Sky City Bank in the town.

Am I overseeing something or is this new feature really that inconvenient?

If I'm doing it wrong, then I'm actually not saving any bag space because I need the bag space for collecting them anyway before I have to change from my privat tavern (where we used to hang out when we're not playin maps) to the Town, go to the Sky City Bank and still have to transfer that stuff. Actually I expected the materials to be auto collected quite into my new vault - just like a purchased-by-gems-feature should work.

Please tell me I'm overlooking something. Otherwise this was the worst waste of gems I have experienced since the launch of DD2.

You don't think that being able to hold 9999 of any given crafting material is worth it?  Would you rather have 101 stacks of 99 instead?

@Cymmina quote:

You don't think that being able to hold 9999 of any given crafting material is worth it?  Would you rather have 101 stacks of 99 instead?

Being able to stack that amount should be possible from the very beginning anyway, but that's another topic.

What I'm about is that the Material Vault is advertised as convenience, which it currently is not.

This is not about 'bag space' but about additional chores thanks to a not convenient-working feature. Actually I had thought it is my fault and I was overlooking the option to activate auto collect. Since I have not received an answer to my question, I'm somehow still hoping I am just not finding the necessary option/button/whatever.

You don't have to move stuff out of the vault and into your bags to use them. So, if you are upgrading a bunch or gear, you don't have to make room in your bags to do it. That's where the convenience comes in. 

Personally, I prefer to manually move stuff that I collect into the vault, because there are some items that I farm to put on the market. 

About once per every 10-12 maps I have to clean out my bags anyow. This includes moving things to other non-material items. Moving my upgrade materials to the vault literally takes me no more than 3 seconds. Not worth complaining about. 

Dreizehn you have my full support on this topic. I have been meaning to create a thread about this, but never came around to doing it, so I´m glad you did. 

I agree that we shouldn´t have to use normal bagspace to pick up the mats (I bought the mat vault to free up bagspace) and then go do the extra chore of transferring the mats to the material vault, each time in town or tav. They should definetely be transferred to the vault directly at the time you pick them up. 

(Don´t even get me started on the shard dust you manually have to transfer each time you dust a shard)

They should definetely be transferred to the vault directly at the time you pick them up. (or when a shard is dusted)

If it takes extra programming or whatever, to transfer mats from when in a map to the vault, then place mats in a temporary extra material only bag that is emptied and transferred automatically to the vault upon going to tavern or town, after that, the temporary bag could just go *poof*

Thanks for stating your opinions. For example I was not aware others might want to put materials on the market.

@MaJean quote:

I agree that we shouldn´t have to use normal bagspace to pick up the mats (I bought the mat vault to free up bagspace) and then go do the extra chore of transferring the mats to the material vault, each time in town or tav. They should definetely be transferred to the vault directly at the time you pick them up. 

(Don´t even get me started on the shard dust you manually have to transfer each time you dust a shard)

They should definetely be transferred to the vault directly at the time you pick them up. (or when a shard is dusted)

That's exactly my point. Since I have purchased the Material Vault, I cannot find its exact desciption anymore, but I remember having read something like 'access the Material Vault from everywhere'. Now I know this referring to using materials - but not putting materials in it (what is expected because of the description).

Auto-collect is a great feature and would fit the Material Vault perfectly.

Perhaps the vault tab could just be moved to the player’s inventory screen instead of sitting in the bank. This way, all mats ARE automatically put into the vault upon pickup. 

I have no idea if this would be technically feasible (e.g. extra memory strain). But if it is, I think it fixes the need for using regular bag space on mats as well as the need to do transferring chores. 

The Mat Vault should have been an extra Mat Bag, then there wouldn't have been an issue.

The reason it is not a bag is the same reason they made it and the vault in the first place. The more items you have on you the longer load screens take because it has to load everything you are carrying each time you go through a load screen. This caused many people with tons of stuff to crash every single load screen because it took so long to load that you dropped your connection to the server. Best case scenario of that was 3 min load screens which were very painful to sit through. That is a big no thanks from me on having that back in any way, shape or form.

@Exglint quote:

The reason it is not a bag is the same reason they made it and the vault in the first place. The more items you have on you the longer load screens take because it has to load everything you are carrying each time you go through a load screen. This caused many people with tons of stuff to crash every single load screen because it took so long to load that you dropped your connection to the server. Best case scenario of that was 3 min load screens which were very painful to sit through. That is a big no thanks from me on having that back in any way, shape or form.

The only real difference is the size of the stack, my first bag has a stack of everything that is in the material vault, so the items don't fall into my auto loot bags which I sell en masse. I just dump completed stacks into the vault.  If the game loads really slowly because your variables are 1-9999 instead of 1-99 then you probably need better coders.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

If Loot/items/Shards can automatically be sent to the scavenger then Mats should easily be transferable to the Mat Vault.

Hey! I didn't think of that. Now it does sound that it could really be possible! And to also add the fact that you can use the mats from the vault at anywhere too.

i want a sort across all bag and fill bags left to right so i know where all the new junk i have to sell is and it'll put all my shards together i've nearly 5 bags of shards and organising that really needs to be easier .

even move full bag is bugged moves about 70%

@Acenf quote:

i want a sort across all bag and fill bags left to right so i know where all the new junk i have to sell is and it'll put all my shards together i've nearly 5 bags of shards and organising that really needs to be easier .

The 70% move, are some of your items locked? It wont move them if you do the move all option. You can move them manualy.

@Acenf quote:

It wont move locked items.

@Acenf quote:

see all the new junk you need to sell
So just the recent items screen then? the last "bag" that isn't the DefPacks...

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Martin Arcainess quote:

If Loot/items/Shards can automatically be sent to the scavenger then Mats should easily be transferable to the Mat Vault.

Hey! I didn't think of that. Now it does sound that it could really be possible! And to also add the fact that you can use the mats from the vault at anywhere too.

Those are 2 great points. I also did not think of this. ^^

my recent items are fine but i dont really check anything but shards till my bags are full and i dont manage items everytime before i stop playing.

dd2 has a habit of making me play longer then expected quite often and sometimes i have to rush off.

and thats just the junk i want to sort bags 5-8 .clear junk then sort 1-8

i also wouldnt mind a move bag 3 to bag 6 without emptying a vault tab and doing like a 4 step switcharoo

@Acenf quote:

i also wouldnt mind a move bag 3 to bag 6 without emptying a vault tab and doing like a 4 step switcharoo

Oh my, YES!!!! Please let us reorg bag and vault order. 

Heroes too while we are at it...

The ability to rearrange heroes is the only part of this thread that I feel is necessary.  The vault works exactly as it was intended.  Placing it on your character would not only increase load times but also allow you to literally never go to town.

Empty social spaces don't give the impression that the game is popular and the social space serves as marketing because that's where we see flair on other folks.   One exists to preserve and grow the player base.  The other exists to market product.  Both necessary to keep the fame rolling along.

feels like we're talking about the vault and the materials vault norm vaults fine it's where shards gater dust till you finally have 11.

materials vault needs a pet dog or something like that from torchlight you click the button and anything that can go into the mats vault is selected and transported there