Sign in to follow this  
Acenf

anyone got a 2 tower combo that'll work on anything upto onslaught 81

ok trying combo's has sent me broke

so i've prity much just been mixing things around

water bees and electric pdts prob faired the best also bees are great flyer killers water bees esp for controled burn

wep man and cannons

wep man and earth shatters

if you could just write the 3 mods and 3 shards for each

So for my set up is:

WM: Shocking Rev (adds the stun and lightning damage)
Protean Beam: Water Mod (Shocks the enemy from the shock rev mod) 

Those are the 2 most common ones I use. For my Hero I'm currently loving the Drenching strikes with the frost chip. 

Ballista (Anti-Melee, Controlled, Piercing - Destruction, Rate, Sploody Harpoon) + WM. Will work against anything. You might need to watch and hero damage armored lanes and cursi-kaze. 

PDT ( Same mods as ballista - Destruction, Rate, Explosive or Vampiric ) + WM. You might need to watch and hero damage spellbreak and cursi-kaze lanes.

It's kinda hard to counter every lane on a small budget that's why you might need to step up with some hero damage. Honestly i prefer a 3 tower combo -> PDT, Boost Aura, WM. Worked for me while i was doing AP resets. 

WM deals quite some damage even at C1 level that's why i upgraded the PDT/Ballista medallion and left WM at C1. If you make a C8 WM with Tenacity 10/10 would be easy to climb 50-80 with only WM but that would be expensive af.  

WM with shocking revelation and water servo -  I use only one node for each lane just for stuns. 

Flame auras or fissures of embermount. Flames auras are better though cos they can hit air targets. I use max anti-melee because most enemies are melee then other mods of your choice.

Lightening aura. to clean up leftover enemies and bosses.

boost aura with destructive pylon to boost them all.

I put 1 node of the WM then 2 flame auras, side by side; 2 lightening auras and 1 boost aura in the middle. This works on almost all lanes except cursi kazi lanes and spell breaker lanes. In case of spell breaker lanes, I use Explosive traps instead or ballista.

You don't really need tenacity on the auras if you put a lot of range on them. But if you will use explosive traps, you need max tenacity.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

So for my set up is:

Those are the 2 most common ones I use. For my Hero I'm currently loving the Drenching strikes with the frost chip. 

Why don't you add the water mod to the WM for a single tower combo? 

You can also use Automation HS, and it has the bonus of being able to be moved from def to def with no cost or sacrifice, unlike Tenacity. 

@Rentard quote:

@Martin Arcainess quote:

So for my set up is:

Why don't you add the water mod to the WM for a single tower combo? 

Because I want the WM to stun them from the start first then when they get to the other side of the WM aura, I place a line of protean beams with a trap underneath them so when they step into the beam and onto the trap, they will get shocked and stay there. If I place a water mod on WM it's 1, taking up a mod slot for something that would benefit it more and 2 proc the shock too soon.

i have 2 PDTs , one water the other storm , both have pierce and anti mods.  shards are gilded rate , gilded destruction , gilded VE on one and gilded explosive poison on the other. it works in most lanes up to floor 80 cause that's where i am sitting , waiting to see what changes TE makes to the game . i will throw down a few extra defenses in each lane to help the 2 PDTs out . just depends on the lane . 

ive been doing resets with basically just WM - deadly strikes, rate , (random shard)/ mods- Rate, shocking rev, water mod ( also ive not been upgrading this at all so its been camp level the whole time). The second defense was earthshatters with ideally - Rate, Earth Toss, and destruction. Mods- shatterquake, anti miniboss and another anti. This has pretty much gotten me through floor 50-80 10 times :D

WM with water and cannonball with rate/range/pierce.  If not cannonball balista. Either combo are heavy damage.  Will throw in an antiboss/antimelee LSA which is a great boss killer since most are melee.

thanks everyone keep them coming

trying out debs wepman stun and eath shatter towers still have an issue with the bombers when thy are headstrong or immovable or what ever the other one is guess i'll just have to bodge up some kinds fire ramster but the rest is great even kills rollers slowly but before they've exited mepman which is prob 3-5mins.

i've just been using frosty beams on curseikazi and they do alright as you cant really shrink the beam

@Debs quote:

earthshatters with ideally - Rate, Earth Toss, and destruction. Mods- shatterquake, anti miniboss and another anti

Just in case you didnt know, earth toss makes it so that shatterquake wont trigger since it only applies to ground mobs and not flying enemies. I would suggest choosing one over the other, and personally I think shatterquake is quite underwhelming while you also could get more benefit from an anti over deadly strikes or vamp which yould be my replacements if I were to swap out the earth toss shard and you arent willing to upgrade mass for resets.

For the most part i would just upgrade flame auras  - all gilded ds and rate (+destr) and whatever three anti-mods you fancy (I usually go with melee, orc and frosty)- and lsa with the same shard setup (perhaps destructive pylon over range if you can afford it) and just three anti-mods (my prefered ones are melee, orc and miniboss), and then pair it with a water + shocking rev WM at campaign level. This combo completely makes you able to ignore headstrong flyers on your ground lanes and honestly FAs + WM can be used on every single flyer lane in the game.

Note that this doesnt counter cursi-kaze lanes, but if you have a spare set of gilded shards you can just equip a random relic on your ramsters (or cannons if you find one with piercer) and perhaps boost with destr pylon if you upgraded that, works pretty good for those few times necissary. (Remember drakin and timmy cursi lanes dont actually do anything).

For omega waves, I rarely bother with selling defenses I just up the lsas and press g.

EDIT: A little tip, if you place the the periferal of the FA more or less excactly where the WM periferal is (assuming you have a gilded ds on the wm and FA), you can stunlock frost orcs before they freeze your FAs which keeps frost lanes from being overrun to easily. Antoher thing to note is that a combo of one node, two FAs and one lsa is only 140 du which makes you able to put down for instance a pdt or cannon if you have one or two spare sets of gilded shards and just equip some random c7 medallion. Otherwise you can go with a couple extra lsas if you have a lot of high health enemies or antoher node if theres a lot of enemies and you cant kill them fast enough, potentially one extra node + extra lsa(s) if you have the du for it.

@hajum023 quote:

Just in case you didnt know, earth toss makes it so that shatterquake wont trigger since it only applies to ground mobs and not flying enemies. I would suggest choosing one over the other, and personally I think shatterquake is quite underwhelming while you also could get more benefit from an anti over deadly strikes or vamp which yould be my replacements if I were to swap out the earth toss shard and you arent willing to upgrade mass for resets.

I use them both together and they work just fine. Shatterquake kills can also proc weapon mods like frostfire remnants and grave infection etc so gives extra dps that way but it seems sporadic. I cant narrow down why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

@hajum023 quote:

@Debs quote:

earthshatters with ideally - Rate, Earth Toss, and destruction. Mods- shatterquake, anti miniboss and another anti

Shatterquake will still proc and hit all the enemies on the ground, Plus it stacks overtime so if you have multiple ES going the damage is very very good. Earth toss is for more CC purpose, it juggles the mobs in one area keeping within shatterquake damage for a little while longer.

wm:shocking rev,water,tenacity;

pdt:pierce,anti-melee,other anti

connon;anti-miniboss ,other mod for roller

boost aura :destruction,mass destruction,boost power,diverse power ,diverse crit dmg,crit dmg

or  destruction pylon instead of destruction or mass destruction

bee: diverse crit dmg ,diverse power ,diverse chance 

archers : same to bee

I know it s different from most players .lol.

i am trying ES tower , i know it s good .

@Acenf quote:

ok trying combo's has sent me broke

so i've prity much just been mixing things around

water bees and electric pdts prob faired the best also bees are great flyer killers water bees esp for controled burn

wep man and cannons

wep man and earth shatters

if you could just write the 3 mods and 3 shards for each

Do you manage to initiate shock on the enemies with this combo? I have tried with water and storm defences but shock is extremely rare (except WM of course).

@Alonzo quote:

Do you manage to initiate shock on the enemies with this combo? I have tried with water and storm defences but shock is extremely rare (except WM of course).

Just my 2 cents - keep in mind that both drench and shock have a % chance at happening, so activation rates can be low when wanting both, especially if coupled with diminishing returns. Wm can hit 10 enemies at once, so it procs way more often. To help, ensure the 2 def you are using in this setup have very high rate of fires, and the more enemies it hits at once, the better your proc chances are.

i'd say if its rare you need to up its attack speed as waters drench is 100%.

it really just comes down to attack rate and qualibean of shocking revelation