Sign in to follow this  
werox3

Where is trendy?

@emilian quote:

Guys, let me remind 2 things: Emoji_Monk.png

• Mastery is EASY now, after we got MODS, mastery got A LOT easier, so Jaws, Paloverde ... you will NEVER go through the Original Mastery ... don't worry ... we had that privilege only once ... now it will be just farming normal maps like Expedition.
  • YES the whole point of resetting Mastery is to get another Hypershard set ... as Devs said in December Devlog "we MIGHT add a feature to reset Mastery so you can have more than 1 Mass Destr"

Phew! Though I still wish for some ultra uber flair to fight for too ;)

I guess there are just a handful of us around still, who actually enjoyed the difficulty of the old masteries, from back when it was introduced. We slew it back then. We're easy to spot if you see us though. We will be the ones with the "Grand Master" title.squire_small.png*smug grin*

@MaJean quote:

I guess there are just a handful of us around still, who actually enjoyed the difficulty of the old masteries, from back when it was introduced. We slew it back then. We are easy to spot if you see us though. We will be the ones with the "Grand Master" title.squire_small.png*smug grin*

Hehe, although I don't have that title (it's definitely a dope title), but at least I can still pride myself on finishing Mastery on Pre-Pota, 64th place on the leaderboards, a day after Prove Your Mastery ended.squire_small.png(I think it's the day the crowns were handed out)

Still, I had help from various defenders to reach this and I'll always appreciate them for that!

@MaJean quote:

I guess there are just a handful of us around still, who actually enjoyed the difficulty of the old masteries, from back when it was introduced. We slew it back then. We're easy to spot if you see us though. We will be the ones with the "Grand Master" title.squire_small.png*smug grin*

;)

I did half of the mastery before mods. I would not say that mastery is easy now or night and day different. Easier? Yes. Easy, not c2 or c5... Still a pain to play. Mods did not jailbreak that mode IMO since i got to experience it both ways. I remember before shards stayed put how annoying it was to swap all gear out to play that mode. 

i just wish trendy did something to draw more people into the game, steam charts shows avg800 players a month of which X amount are ALTS.  

@Uchihia quote:

i just wish trendy did something to draw more people into the game, steam charts shows avg800 players a month of which X amount are ALTS.  

And how exactly?Every updates they throw out is a joke,people get bored quick .

Lot of people can carry newbies etc ...

where is the fun with that? the game is good as it is . I miss the old game where everything was tamplay,since asc lvl and Onslaught came out,Chaos tiers are a joke . even saw a player ascension 20 600

@Zombina quote:

@Uchihia quote:

And how exactly?Every updates they throw out is a joke,people get bored quick .

Lot of people can carry newbies etc ...

where is the fun with that? the game is good as it is . I miss the old game where everything was tamplay,since asc lvl and Onslaught came out,Chaos tiers are a joke . even saw a player ascension 20 600

We have a glimmer of hope with Elandrian and Javahawk being the new Creative directors, hopefully they will live up to there past reputation and get this game back on track.

During these quite periods trendy need to throw in some mini events to draw people back into the game, some weekend event maybe or monthly rewards.... something 

@Uchihia quote:

During these quite periods trendy need to throw in some mini events to draw people back into the game, some weekend event maybe or monthly rewards.... something 

Good call-out. Been a while since double XP/Gold weekend... Not sure why Monthly rewards disappeared. Grinding game should have plenty of grindy goals. 

Would absolutely LOVE it if the consoles got some love and more than just a handful of trophies and achievements were tied to this game. This game should have a platinum and all kinds of weird goals to get. Make us use towers in odd ways, force us to play as every hero, long-term. Play with certain setups. You can really have fun with these achievements in most games, especially tower def games. Especially extreme grind goals...give us a trophy to hunt for that takes over 1 year to get. Then, add even more with each expansion. Keep us forever chasing the tail of the dragon. It is amazing how motivated you can get just trying to get a trophy. Adds life to games. And creativity when used right. There is a LOT of power in that little "ding" when a trophy pops. Been a super long time since DD2 dinged...  =-(  

Of course in-game achievements should be tied to these so that everyone can benefit. I know there a  few there now, but most of these were achieved very fast. Apart from Onslaught and Resets, i'm tapped out. 

@Jojozityjo quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

Those have always been potential long term goals, nothing concrete. The other things though, we've mentioned investigating, but not making specific changes.

I know this question of mine isnt what everyone wants or cares about, but it would be nice to have some kind of info, even if it's a big fat no, but ....

Do you have any info on when you guys might bring out the remaining 2 alt gender heros? Countess and the Hunter(especially Countess ^^)

I've been waiting for them for a long time and it's been to a point now where i dont even know if you guys even still wanna do it or you just dropped it entirely or, idk anything. Be nice to have some kind of info on that regard. See if i can have some hope or have to make due with the heroes we got.

Not to mention man and machine and AP resets being friendlier on what gets reset, or not at all.

No Matter what they do,it won't change the fact we went from 18k+ players to 500.

Lot of people just afk,are aggressive to eachothers and play private . Such a nice community .

the old game was better without the ascension and the onslaught because poeple was playing together  I really miss that

@Zombina quote:

No Matter what they do,it won't change the fact we went from 18k+ players to 500.

Lot of people just afk,are aggressive to eachothers and play private . Such a nice community .

the old game was better without the ascension and the onslaught because poeple was playing together  I really miss that

I am not sure.  I don't experience aggressive players (other than a random person, not even more than 1-2 times a week, that likes to spam "GGGGGGGG" in chat".  I spent a good portion of my time joining random games - of any Chaos level - and helping the builders map.  Also play a about 50/50 public and private maps.  Any to join for as long as they choose.  Guess I am saying all of this because... it comes down to what we make of it.  We have to live in way of a good community to have it.  But we can never have a perfect(ly kind) community.  It's the interwebs after all. ;-)

@Kambien quote:

I am not sure.  I don't experience aggressive players (other than a random person, not even more than 1-2 times a week, that likes to spam "GGGGGGGG" in chat".  I spent a good portion of my time joining random games - of any Chaos level - and helping the builders map.  Also play a about 50/50 public and private maps.  Any to join for as long as they choose.  Guess I am saying all of this because... it comes down to what we make of it.  We have to live in way of a good community to have it.  But we can never have a perfect(ly kind) community.  It's the interwebs after all. ;-)

I second that. 

I play almost every day, and i do not see what i would necessarily call aggressiveness, at least on the PS4. Annoying players? Sure. Naive? Oh heck yes. Over demanding? Yup. Can't stop shooting me in the face with their weapon while in the lobby? Once a night. But not aggressive in the sense of doing anything that i cannot avoid simply by jumping away or going to play a match. Worse case scenario, play a private match. I can think of sooo many ways someone could actually be evil if they wanted to be a full-on jerk. 

I always expect non-perfect partners, and expect to have to assist newer players in some manner. Mostly i feel the DD2 community as a whole is quite helpful and giving myself. I have often found help when i went looking for it, or asked for it. If i didn't like this community, i would not be on this forum...but i am, cuz i do. 

@Kambien quote:

@Zombina quote:

Well aggressive in the way that some people join games I create and they don't like how I  build for example .Instead of helping because they know what they"re doing,they just tell me to  remove all my building so they can build their own  stuffs . Then they start sometimes with : " I wish there was still the Kick option" .

So because i'm not perfect,they harass me and insult me . Yesterday again,had a discussion with someone who insulted me badly because I can't kill a small boss . I have 6k gear score and he had 5k arround. he killed the  miniboss with no problem . Instead of helping me,he just started to insult me all the time then I just ignored him until the end of the game for leave . So yeah most people I encountered are aggressive and it doesnt change much from the old game where the "best builder" had to build Poison dart tower . Now veryone got  a chance to build,even if it's not perfect,some people didn't lost their habit,they don't even try to help they just go berserk on you. So I mostly play private now

i'm agressive when it comes to afk bleepers on ps4 trying to get my stuff done but i dont mind people joining or even being carried . i dont even care if you dont move But if you dont ready up within 20 sec omg .1 round ok you had to pee or get a drink i dont care i do it when needed but 5 rounds and then you follow me and do it again agggghhh .

though not much i can do on ps4 apart from ping them, chase them round the map while shooting at them .

trendy really need a force start for whoever builds 80%+  of the defences or for the initial map creator

@Acenf quote:

i'm agressive when it comes to afk bleepers on ps4 trying to get my stuff done but i dont mind people joining or even being carried . i dont even care if you dont move But if you dont ready up within 20 sec omg .1 round ok you had to pee or get a drink i dont care i do it when needed but 5 rounds and then you follow me and do it again agggghhh .

though not much i can do on ps4 apart from ping them, chase them round the map while shooting at them .

trendy really need a force start for whoever builds 80%+  of the defences or for the initial map creator

Trendy had a solution for this, Being able to kick people, but for some reason they got rid of it

they're bringing that back but there's still times when lets say 2 of them are friends or 1 person just doesnt like kicking .they are new unfamilar with kick they click the wrong button .multitudes of reasons why a kick wont work and frankly i'd rather just start the game and this saves on agro

I like the idea of a login in frequently rewards like if you login this many days you get this guaranteed shard or defender medals or gems something to get people to get into the game to get it more attention and then have weekend events every other weekend that way they have time to create new things maybe even a way to cross play but that one might be a shooting star but it is a I hope something new even taking steps similar to dd1 would be better then this i still wonder what pets are for in this game besides ability's because dps is not it neither is that tower or hero stats making the hype of even having a pet our stats for gear have been cap increased what about pets they also need attention idk I just want something new and good not new and boring dd1 was amazing i could spend hours and hours and still have things to do that i wanted 

@Zombina quote:

Well aggressive in the way that some people join games I create and they don't like how I  build for example .Instead of helping because they know what they"re doing,they just tell me to  remove all my building so they can build their own  stuffs . Then they start sometimes with : " I wish there was still the Kick option" .

So because i'm not perfect,they harass me and insult me . Yesterday again,had a discussion with someone who insulted me badly because I can't kill a small boss . I have 6k gear score and he had 5k arround. he killed the  miniboss with no problem . Instead of helping me,he just started to insult me all the time then I just ignored him until the end of the game for leave . So yeah most people I encountered are aggressive and it doesnt change much from the old game where the "best builder" had to build Poison dart tower . Now veryone got  a chance to build,even if it's not perfect,some people didn't lost their habit,they don't even try to help they just go berserk on you. So I mostly play private now

Whoa, that is toxic. I don't think I've ever encountered such people. Have you tried switching servers? Maybe it's just those bunch at a certain server?

I'm usually very lenient with people, be it afk or whatever other funny things. Don't see any reason to make any racket or harrassment. But I'll say that going berserk and insulting is where I'll draw the line.

@Zombina quote:

I'll say that I do have a nostalgia for and do also miss those times. There are always matches around unlike the current Onslaught gating. It is pretty fun to see what's there, jump in and meet random people. And there isn't any needing to play lower levels of content unless you want to help someone. It's all just pure NM4. Ahh....good times!

I'm relaxed but I'm not a teacher :P The problem is I like to be able to read the forum posts, your post was 10 lines of pure unstructured text that had about 10 different points to make! It was hard enough for an English person to make sense out of so it must have been even trickier for the people on here who don't have English as their first language. A few full stops to separate your sentences/points would have been enough!

Funnily on Pc ive only ever encountered 1 toxic person in my 3 years of playing this game, i dont think the decline of this game is due to a toxic community, the steam charts are in reference to Pc players i believe. If trendy really want to sorting things out they better start making meaningful changes and most importantly start investing into more marketing.  These are some of the problems 'i' believe need addressing in the game: 

1. Pets are just a fifth ability, go drag or go home   
  2. Hero market place redundant, everyone buys in lobby, limited time/players
  3. Dividing an already small dwindling community with onslaught gating makes cooperative play so much more difficult and discouraging.
  4. DD1 eternia Crystal DLC all had some kind of lore, recent DD2 expansion is a frozen dude jumps off icy dragon, 
  5. lack of Unique mini events previously seen in DD1 such as mega chicken,isom,arm-guard etc to entice people to re-login and collect.
  6. Name of the game is Loot grind, we accept that but not when it is Korean level grind, juicebags video on how many motes required to revel summarizes the ridiculousness. 
  7. AP , well thats been heavily debated about as is ^^    
  8. Loot (IMO) just  does not feel as interesting as it did in DD1, i like the mod system but when a legendary item drops its like 'oh anther  one', in DD1 when top gear dropped everyone on the map would be on the edge with anticipation to see how good it was..  

@Uchihia quote:

-snip-

Loot (IMO) just  does not feel as interesting as it did in DD1, i like the mod system but when a legendary item drops its like 'oh anther  one', in DD1 when top gear dropped everyone on the map would be on the edge with anticipation to see how good it was..  

Great list. i agree with so much of that. 

That last bullet point is a great call-out. Maybe we need a tier above Legendary now. And one that can drop on any stage, not just Onsl 80+. 

I remember in Borderlands 1 when the top tier become flooded, which was gold/legendary, they had to come up with an uber level above that. so we got Cyan weapons on one of the DLCs. It did just what you are talking about, while golds were just "meh" at that point, when you killed a big boss and it dropped a cyan weapon, everyone turned into those 3-eyed aliens from toy story "oooooh, the claw". I'd love to see DD2 add a new level above Legendary, that was super rare, but anyone could get one. And you could not advance your existing weapons to it (yet at least). Something to grind for, something to earn, something to collect. Even better if it came with some new DLC patch that had some uber boss you had to farm for better chances at drops of it. I want a cyan DD2 weapon...