Sign in to follow this  
Drithe

Make Ancient power resets faster by ._.._..

Allowing us to keep CHAOS 8 relics permanent after we reset ancient powers.  Let's face it, leveling ancient powers is insane. By doing this not only would it help us level up faster by not having to grind for gold, items, and all else we need EVERY SINGLE FRACKING RESET, but wecan also be working on our other classes, preparing them for that high level grind. You could also do the same for armors but you would have to work around the blah blah blah.

@Drithe quote:

Allowing us to keep CHAOS 8 relics permanent after we reset ancient powers.  Let's face it, leveling ancient powers is insane. By doing this not only would it help us level up faster by not having to grind for gold, items, and all else we need EVERY SINGLE FRACKING RESET, but wecan also be working on our other classes, preparing them for that high level grind. You could also do the same for armors but you would have to work around the blah blah blah.

Then it would make *** too easy.

In all honesty, AP Resetting is actually easy, as long as you bring enough resources each time to do at least 1 defense and then you can scavenge for the rest of it. The problem is the length of time it takes.

I wrote in Etherian Economics how much each of these things are.

the issue i have with that line of thinking is that the "difficulty" in resets has nothing to do with skill or ability. Just testing your patience to grind the same lower stages endlessly for low-grade materials and gold, so that you have just enough to reset again. This forces you into a loop that completely limits all building freedom, and handcuffs you to a limited def set. Otherwise the time involved becomes unwieldy for even hardcore players. Plus, getting a C8 amp is not easy by any means for most players. Having that be a goal of something to get would encourage more Onslaught play. Knowing right now that any C8 amps that are used will be erased each cycle - is kind of mind boggling to me, given their rarity. So you either lose them or horde them, and the only C8 amps being used are by those who will never reset, or those who have done 50+ resets. Seems counter-productive and prohibitory to me. 

Safeguarding C8 relics would increase options per a reset, and give more reasons to play Onslaught. The difficulty should come from level designs and things that TE gives us to play with that power - not the process itself IMO. Getting your whole def set to C8 levels should be rewarded, not erased. 

I think each reset should nerf your power like Mastery does, with Chaos 1 only allowing Chaos 1 level power and %. Then, as you unlock each new tier, all "locked" C8 Gear and Gilded shards increase with power with you. When you get back to C7 (or some new C8-C15 levels), those would all be at full power. This way you retain your build options, and those of us who spent the time to gear up every single def in the game still have the ability to use those, and not just play Dryad and WM every single stage...

Even with that - i still have an issue about all gear in my inventory and bags getting reset each cycle... Collectors are just brutally punished by this current system. 

yeah i wish i could afford to use 3-4 towers but i can only afford 1 and bodge the rest with just the best c7 relic i can find

I have thought about resets a fair amount and read through peoples thoughts. Here are mine:

The idea of lost progression is too hard on the amount of time I have to play games. I like to feel like i am advancing. Each reset should make me feel slightly stronger. At the moment the vast majority of the power from resets come from the ascension bonus but it is difficult to take advantage of them during your resets. 

The current setup is reset for a long time with minimal bonuses, negative bonuses if you include gear resetting, so that after you are done and move on from resets your ascension will finally give you the real power boost.

Grinding is huge in this game, I would love to see resets as a way to incorporate grinding into the progression system. At the end of this you should feel more ready to start going for a max floor, not ready to start grinding back all of your relics and mods. This should help in the grind for gear, mods and shards.

I would like to see the following:

-Scale your ipower similar to mastery. C8 relics back around floor 50? 80? Allow for hero defense selection and the continued advancement of gear and mods.

-every reset needs you to get to a higher floor, with the minimum floor a set number of floors away. This could make it so the end of resetting has you hitting something like floor 210, or 70 x 4, 70x5, etc.  For example 3 floors higher every reset with a minimum of 20 floors to complete. That would still be 1400 maps for 70 resets and give you roughly 2203 ascension. Not enough to max a tower but on your way. 

-Every reset your ascension would be higher due to new floors. Also any mods and gear found on the way would make you more powerful as well.

-There should be a cap on the number of resets, I am unsure as to why you can do this forever. Maybe keep adding xp and gold bonuses but the floor climb is more aggressive after the regular 70. 30 more times so around +26 more floors to max out at floor 999 with a minimum reclimb of 30 floors? Or maybe give a flair rarity percentage drop bonus instead?

-Possibly have a selection for 1 guaranteed shard in the chaos level you want per win chest. The win bonus could be you can select 2 shards from a chaos level.

-Be able to play with someone within 10 floors and both can advance. To not be able to skip milestone maps you could have it so it can only be pushed off 3 floors, so you must clear it before you would hit the next one.

-If you want to add a time sink make is so that every 100 floors you can fully reset your account back to 0 for everything for a cool flair or other non power related reward. 

I think this would help with multiple grinding issues with the game and have people more actively playing at an appropriate level as opposed to grinding low level chaos. 

Some of you guys must be the developers of this game. The grind for Ancient power is unnecessary to be this long for the 10% we get. Most of us donr have 3 plus hours a day to play either. We also like playing other games. Please donrers look into this.

I had written a long post here, but deleted it again because it was a little too negative. I´m exhausted from years of trying to steer the game in a healthy direction. So here is a TL:DR:

AP resets and mindless repetition = bad!

Variety and different game modes = good!

M.

Reset always is boring , in fact . it is not funny.so AP make us cost much.On the other hand,C8 relic it not necessary for reset game . we just need 1 defence tower or 2 to build , even all map . It is enough to deal the min floor when u reset .

@MaJean quote:

I had written a long post here, but deleted it again because it was a little too negative. I´m exhausted from years of trying to steer the game in a healthy direction. So here is a TL:DR:

AP resets and mindless repetition = bad!

Variety and different game modes = good!

M.

I definitely agree with this! I just had enough with the nightmare of using dropped gear in reset that I decided to climb as high as I can in Onslaught to hopefully get a good minimum asc and max talent caps. Which mean I wont be AP-ing for a very very long time. Which is good for me mentally. I can finally experiment with gears and M.OD.S. I was getting burned out of unnecessary difficulty by the limited power of using dropped gear and materials budgeting.

And totally agree with more variety and different gamemodes too! A big reason on why I will and always disagree with how Drakenfrost keep works and the Drakenlord & Captain Dreadbones appearing in expeditions. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

The only C8 amps being used are by those who will never reset, or those who have done 50+ resets. Seems counter-productive and prohibitory to me.

Just wanted to poke my head in and change this to "Most c8 amps" rather than "The only c8 amps". Only reason I say this is because I can name 3 players off the top of my head who have dropped 30+ c8 amps into a reset and there are probably many more who have or will do it. 

Welp, carry on with discussion :)

I actually don't get why people are opposed to having c8 gear persist through reset. Honestly, the only part of the reset cycle that cuts off is a handful of c3 and c6 maps. Not exactly the most challenging part of the reset.

@Exglint quote:

Just wanted to poke my head in and change this to "Most c8 amps" rather than "The only c8 amps". Only reason I say this is because I can name 3 players off the top of my head who have dropped 30+ c8 amps into a reset and there are probably many more who have or will do it. 

Welp, carry on with discussion :)

LOL, touche. Any time you make absolute statements, there may be someone on the other side of the line that it may not apply to. Life tends to be grey, and less B&W. 

guess if they didnt want to just make c8 gear legacy they could always just return all mats spent to make c8 and c8 lvl ups on ap resets where i'd prefer legacy cos farming sucks if they did it that way people would actually use them cos i know i'd love to but no way am i wasting them before i finnish my resets

I like the idea, although we should probably then make it a maxed out C8 item. Which is fairly expensive and takes multiple C8 amps. Getting that isn't a small achievement, so should have a reward. Basicly just like guilding shards but with gear. Right now I would probably never use a C8 amp, just because I do reset every once in a while and it would be a total waste.

But if we at least get the C8 amps back during a reset that would also be good. Or some other ways to "guild" gear to be able to save the C8 amps is an alternative. As long as the C8 amps are not lost.

@Jaws_420 quote:

the issue i have with that line of thinking is that the "difficulty" in resets has nothing to do with skill or ability. Just testing your patience to grind the same lower stages endlessly for low-grade materials and gold, so that you have just enough to reset again. This forces you into a loop that completely limits all building freedom, and handcuffs you to a limited def set. Otherwise the time involved becomes unwieldy for even hardcore players. Plus, getting a C8 amp is not easy by any means for most players. Having that be a goal of something to get would encourage more Onslaught play. Knowing right now that any C8 amps that are used will be erased each cycle - is kind of mind boggling to me, given their rarity. So you either lose them or horde them, and the only C8 amps being used are by those who will never reset, or those who have done 50+ resets. Seems counter-productive and prohibitory to me. 

Safeguarding C8 relics would increase options per a reset, and give more reasons to play Onslaught. The difficulty should come from level designs and things that TE gives us to play with that power - not the process itself IMO. Getting your whole def set to C8 levels should be rewarded, not erased. 

I think each reset should nerf your power like Mastery does, with Chaos 1 only allowing Chaos 1 level power and %. Then, as you unlock each new tier, all "locked" C8 Gear and Gilded shards increase with power with you. When you get back to C7 (or some new C8-C15 levels), those would all be at full power. This way you retain your build options, and those of us who spent the time to gear up every single def in the game still have the ability to use those, and not just play Dryad and WM every single stage...

Even with that - i still have an issue about all gear in my inventory and bags getting reset each cycle... Collectors are just brutally punished by this current system. 

I just made a post damn near identical to this response....before reading this thread.

Ouch.

@jaden198 quote:

I just made a post damn near identical to this response....before reading this thread.

Ouch.

=-}    

The more we make each of our feelings known, the better the chances TE will hear that as something the DD2 community wants, and not just one person. 

I think for the most part getting Ap 20 which is Double Xp and Double gold is pretty darn fast. I don't think getting 100 AP should be accomplished in a week and Higher levels of Ap should take more time. I'm still on the fence for C8 gear reset as it takes a LOT of resources to max a C8 piece. Single C8 upgrade not really worried about for the most part as those Amps can be made back during the process.

Maybe during the reset process those C8 resources are returned or something to lessen the blow.

AP resetting I find ok. The only MAIN downfall I have is mods resetting. Its like you got a few 10/10s but they become c0 after reset and you have to upgrade ALOT to get them back up to c7 again.