Sign in to follow this  
EskimoJoe

Chaos VII mod glitch?

I have been trying to tinker my items to with different mods but keep getting a pop up saying "you're about to place a lower chaos level mod onto a higher chaos level item"

However, the mod i am placing, is a Chaos VII mod that was dropped on a chaos VII item... it is on a CVII epic quality medallion and i am  transferring it to a CVII legendary quality medallion. Neither have been upgraded or had their chaos level evolved or anything. So why is it saying its a lower chaos level mod? 

Even when i hold Alt to see more details, it says CVII mod?

I am so confused!

As far as I'm aware you can just ignore/confirm this popup and you'll be fine. I seem to remember this cropping up a few weeks ago on these forums and the general consensus was to ignore the warning. You might want to wait for further clarification though.

@Dadogy quote:

As far as I'm aware you can just ignore/confirm this popup and you'll be fine. I seem to remember this cropping up a few weeks ago on these forums and the general consensus was to ignore the warning. You might want to wait for further clarification though.

Correct. There was a bug early on when Tinkering was added that when you put a MOD on the same chaos tier gear, you still got the message. I have not seen it in a while though. If you check your MOD and gear, and both are the same Chaos tier - you can just fully ignore the message. 

@dbeka quote:

I find that info mildly disturbing as I get it most of the time. 

I guess i should reiterate - i have not tinkered much lately either as most of my relics and armor are now basically done. The last few i did though this weekend, i did not see this error - on PS4. 

There are different quality levels in some way, shape or fashion.  Maybe it's reading the one C7 that is rated as a 7300-7400 as higher than placing the MOD on a 6600-6700 rated C7 item...  It's like the higher end C7 placing on a lower end C7 item.  Either way, I agree its probably not supposed to do that within the C7 quality rating...