Sign in to follow this  
Sophisticus

New Returning Player.

Hiya, I've played alot of dd1 over my time and recently decided to jump back in with friends, We've been at it for about a week now and I'm unsure where to go from here. Most of my builders are between 2500-4k, and my jester is at 3600 hero power. I'm able to do some of the good maps for a little bit (Till about wave 21 or 22) on Tavern Defense NMHC Mix-mode, and King's Game NMHC. I am UNable to do maps like NMHC Sky City, Akatiki, Volcanic Eruption, ETC. Most of my Gear is transcendent minus accessories. Where can I find Better accessories? (Transcendent) Or better weapons for Builder Stat-Sticks. Thanks a ton for giving this a read!

Your best accessory option right now is Arcane Library, which gives a guaranteed transcendent mask every run. But it only gives a mask, so you can really only upgrade one accessory for now. Palantir is another option, but its a boss map and it sounds like you're having a bit of an issue with boss maps right now.

To fix the above problem, look into Moonbase campaign. It is an incredibly easy map that gives many useful pets, has a decent armor spawn rate, and two very useful DPS weapons: Quietus (monk) and Fusion Rift (Apprentice). Hyper Rifle for Huntress isn't bad either. Another thing you can do is to make sure someone in your group has a DPS Series EV. Paired with a monk's Hero Boost, they do the highest continuous damage to a boss of any class in the game. Weapons of choice for these guys are Pawn Shots and Moby's Mobile Launcher if you can't do Embermount yet. (And I know for a fact you can't)

For builder weapons, you REALLY want to break into Akatiti Jungle. I can't stress enough how big of an upgrade this will be. The transcendent weapons can spawn with over 600 in stats at level 1. The aforementioned Series EV is probably the best tool you have to get the damage to bust through this guy. On a side note the above mentioned Moby's Mobile Launcher is the best Huntress builder weapon you can farm for a bit and it's not particularly hard to get since there is no boss fight. The Rogers Revenge on that map is also a pretty decent tower weapon.

Another option for more tower stats is simply leveling characters. By level 100 you will have 985 hero points you can put into tower stats, so it should always be a consideration. Maps like Tinkerer's Lab or Tavern Defense campaign are very good for this.

I gave Moonbase a try but basically failed it, 2 of my cores went down and all of my defenses disappeared after wave 1. What should I be doing for this map?

Build phase 1:

hUohtoc.jpg

Build phase 2 / Wave 1 upgrades:

hPnWErs.jpg

End-of-map screen:

VzCYksz.jpg

Imgur album of stats

Note that Djinn are going to be a really annoying problem that you will not be able to ignore. Since you are with friends, it should be a bit easier for you guys since you have more people upgrading. I was able to finish the last wave with 4 characters, 3 of them afk emulators.

From that one run I got an Ultimate Hyper Rifle and Quietus. Hopefully your luck is just as good.

Thank you so much for the build, I've not found the Fish in a Bowl, it does come from NMHC Normal Moonbase doesn't it? Could you tell me if those are 4 du buff beams or not? I can't seem to tell Cx

It is. To get it, you need to access a secret room. The room is accessed by pressing two buttons.

Button 1:

SiYyUGd.jpg

Button 2:

72Z1Zwo.jpg

Note that this button is reached by dropping into the tube with a fan from the elevated crystal.

This opens the "secret" door here:

21EuV8t.jpg

which leads to a room with a DDR machine.

Once you win 1 round of DDR, the machine will spit an obnoxious amount of mana at you and open a door to your right. Down the hallway you will find your fish:

fF9mbXZ.jpg

If you get a 42 on the DDR machine you will get a Treadmill on a Treadmill instead of the fish. (It doesn't have to be the first run. If you come back later and get a 42 you will still get the treadmill.)

unknown.png I keep having an Ogre run this way on wave 10, and ultimately destroy my core in the end. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Your archers are failing to aggro it.  Try building the south minion wall more like / than \

Thank you all, I've managed to get Moonbase down to a farmable spot on NMHC now. The next thing I need to work on is a DPS hero I feel like, I'm unable to complete the maps like NMHC Tavern Defense since the bosses are too tough, same goes for any of the other maps. What is a good DPS hero I should go with? My Jester is level 99, and a level 73 Barbarian. I can levelup heroes rather easily so the hero I should level wont be an issue, But I noticed I have no DPS pets, only treadmills, fish, and genies. What about Weapons?

You want a jester for upgrading, and it sounds like you already have one. That's a good start. Do whatever you can to reach 3726 Wheel of Fortune. At this number the 3x sword combination deals 50% max HP damage to ALL ENEMIES ON THE MAP. (Except bosses)

Jesters are best with ranged weapons. People generally have a genie for mana, a Lupine Bow / Wolfhunter's Bow for genie swirling, and a DPS staff. Since you can run Moonbase, farm Fusion Rifts. Alternatively, you can farm Moraggo Survival for All-Seeing Staff / Bloodshot Staff or Bone Staff / Undying Rod for a better projectile spread pattern. Note that if you farm Moraggo survival weapons, you need to upgrade the elemental damage.

If you are playing in a group, make sure somebody has a Monk. Having someone that can Hero Boost is very valuable for boss fights. Monks do 2x the damage with pets that other classes do, so whoever has a monk should be given then highest damage output pet. Farming Nightmare Aquanos survival wave 20 for seahorses or Insane Tinkerer's Lab survival wave 35 for Mega Chickens is your best option here. Since you can run Moonbase, go for Quietus for the weapon, upgrade the melee damage.

The two really big hitters for beating bosses are Barbarian and Series EV. Barbarian's Hawk Stance deals fantastic damage bursts, which makes it good for Sky City, Crystalline Dimension, and Boss Rush. Series EV does disgustingly large damage over time with Proton Charge Blast, making it good for basically everything else except Kraken and Genie King. Rogers Revenge from Buccaneer Bay is the easiest endgame farm for your barbarian weapon right now, and Moby's Mobile Launcher from the same map is fantastic for Series EV. Both of these classes use Propeller cats from Sky City for their damage output, but in the meantime you can use genie, fairy, seahorse, or mega chicken until you get the propeller cats.

@Caimen0 quote:
You want a jester for upgrading, and it sounds like you already have one. That's a good start. Do whatever you can to reach 3726 Wheel of Fortune. At this number the 3x sword combination deals 50% max HP damage to ALL ENEMIES ON THE MAP. (Except bosses)

Just to elaborate on this a little . . .

Webbed enemies take double damage, so if you have any ogres currently webbed at your defenses, they'll die instantly with 100% damage.  If they aren't webbed and they survive, you still get a guaranteed roar animation, which can take a lot of pressure off and let your minions heal.