Sign in to follow this  
Kambien

Weak Point Vs Non-Siege Rollers

Hey there,

I have heard a couple things regarding Weak Point mod vs. non-siege rollers.  Is there anything definitive?  It seems the most common thing I have heard is that Weak Point vs. non-siege rollers simple increases base damage or crit damage.  Do we know anything for certain about this mod vs. non-siege rollers?

Edit - Doing some more searches I found siege rollers from behind, shield goblins from behind, nothing about actual additional damage or crit damage.  

Thanks!

Kambien

@Kambien quote:

Hey there,

I have heard a couple things regarding Weak Point mod vs. non-siege rollers.  Is there anything definitive?  It seems the most common thing I have heard is that Weak Point vs. non-siege rollers simple increases base damage or crit damage.  Do we know anything for certain about this mod vs. non-siege rollers?

Thanks!

Kambien

Some mobs have certain places where if you hit them they deal more damage like the Vanguards. If you hit them from behind that is considered there weak point.

Just curious, what is a "non" siege roller? 

Dark Mages and Malthius have a weak point on head shots i believe from GW sniper shots too. 

I have weak point on each of my Barb's armor, and he just melts Rollers from behind in a few shots. Never really tested it per se though, as the fact that MODs cannot just be swapped out makes that...not as easy as testing shards. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Just curious, what is a "non" siege roller? 

Dark Mages and Malthius have a weak point on head shots i believe from GW sniper shots too. 

I have weak point on each of my Barb's armor, and he just melts Rollers from behind in a few shots. Never really tested it per se though, as the fact that MODs cannot just be swapped out makes that...not as easy as testing shards. 

For fun I put weak point mods on everything on one armor set (it's like 250% weak point damage).  Siege rollers get melted!  But it's not a gun witch so it's not the precision weak point shots that make it more noticeable.  

Sort of makes me wish Weak Points had an alternate of weakening armor for mobs without an "easy" weak point spot.

@Kambien quote:

For fun I put weak point mods on everything on one armor set (it's like 250% weak point damage).  Siege rollers get melted!  But it's not a gun witch so it's not the precision weak point shots that make it more noticeable.  

Sort of makes me wish Weak Points had an alternate of weakening armor for mobs without an "easy" weak point spot.

I very much agree. I almost never use Sniper shots because of the limited selection of weak point bonuses you get with most mobs, and lack of AOE. I wish every enemy had a "weak point" that made those attacks more befit of using it constantly, combined with some kind of AOE MOD to make it useful in lane management. At least all minibosses should have a definitive, and different, weakpoint IMO. At least Malthius has a real big head, making those shots easy to land, ha ha ha. 

I thought hitting non-siege rollers in the head was the weak point for most other mini-bosses but it is not something I build for and haven't tested.