Sign in to follow this  
Zombina

Does Tenacity counter Assassins?

Hello,I  would like to know if putting a tenacity 8/10 on my helmet as mod will counter the Assassins .

I keep dying on high floor onslaught because  of  them,they keep killing me one shot,I tried everything . Ev2 weapon manufacturer doesn't stun them, bbecause air lanes have headstrong(anti stun) so is there another way to counter them ? like I know they snare me for a long time so was wondering if a 8/10 Tenacity would help to avoid their snare .

Thank you very much for your answers by advance .

@Kambien quote:

Isn’t the chains weapon mod broken right now?

Chain weapon mod?  what do you mean? I never found one. where  can i farm that please and what it does?

@Zombina quote:

@Kambien quote:

Isn’t the chains weapon mod broken right now?

Chain weapon mod?  what do you mean? I never found one. where  can i farm that please and what it does?

Apologies! It’s from the pirate map. It’s a mod on a random pirate weapon. The higher quality mod the higher chance for success of the mod proc. It can have like (a higher level) a 87% chance to instantly chain an attacking assassin to the ground and deal X damage to it as well. Apologies, I do not recall the exact name. 

To my knowledge, which may not be up to date as it was within the last 3-4 weeks, it was thought / found this mod is currently broken?

Hope this helps!

I don't think shackled  will work on headstrong assassins either as it is classed as a stun if I recall correctly. 

Well for headstrong there's not to much to counter them. Either raw dps kill them before they kill you. Or the new frost weapons can freeze them off a player. That of course requires a 2 player min tho

I thought shackled was not a stun.. hmmm.

I thought it did work on headstrong lanes, unfortunately yes it is bugged and not working on the Xbox.

well i never have problems with assassin's but back in the day when they first came out one way was using the spike blockade with stun chance for it helped a lot since it only focused the assassin since you have to be next to it.

thanks for all the replies , i  tried and it work,well now I just reroll when  I see an headstrong air lane unless it appeared when an objective got destroyed

What can also work is if you slightly underbuild the easier lanes and build a little 'killbox' using your strongest single target defense(s) then run to it when you hear the 'assassin coming' sound effect or see the purple aura on your character indicating that an assassin is about to jump you. 

If you can setup something that stuns for non-headstrong lanes (canons, snaking sand I believe, blockades with stun shard, i love adding water to my electric fingers orc walls).  This should help.