Sign in to follow this  
miniouse

Where to start farming ultimates (And above)

Hey yall, okay soooo all of my chars have a full set of mythical/transcendant, and I've gotten pretty good (In my opinion) for solo-ing some maps. I can get Tavern Defence to the end, Aquano's to wave 28, Moonbase to wave 23, aswell as pretty far in Skycity. However, even though my defences are pretty strong and kill fast, I can only ever find a few transcendant items per wave; if I'm lucky, I'll find a single ultimate item throughout a whole run of a map ( I do all in nmhc, sometimes mixed mode). And it doesn't matter if I solo, or have a full server (More people= more drops). But whenever I'm on other people's servers, they seem to drop alot of transcendants and higher.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong/missing out on? For the time being, I'm more interested in armor's, so I usually run with my summoner, but I feel like I never get anything compared to other players, I really want more than just transcendant items, please help guys. Thanks a bunch.

You know about the summoner thing, great. You are farming the right maps, great.

Basically. Farming ults takes time. Esp when you are lower lvl = have lower stats so maps take longer. If you are farming armor, use mixmode. (Only on moonbase it's better to keep mm off, but since you have low stats, keep it on, it's easier.)  Since you can't do moonbase that far, I would just stop doing that for now, it doesn't drop much ults before that. Moraggo, Aquanos and sky city are great places to farm trans-ult gear, so is kings game. Just keep at it. With full very good trans armor you should be able to do at least aqua pretty easily until the end.
(Tavern defence probably isnt too good for armor farming.)

(The note on that other people seem to drop more trans etc. Are the other people running only as summ too? If you are just running as anything, it's more likely for trans-ult to drop, it just usually isn't armor you know.)

Yeah we most def use just summoner for the armor drops, but as of low lvls, my chars are all lvl 100. I just thought that it was weird that I don't drop much whereas others drop alot of supreme's and better items, I figured maybe I was doing something wrong or missing out on something, thanks a bunch.

@miniouse quote:

Yeah we most def use just summoner for the armor drops, but as of low lvls, my chars are all lvl 100. I just thought that it was weird that I don't drop much whereas others drop alot of supreme's and better items, I figured maybe I was doing something wrong or missing out on something, thanks a bunch.

Maybe they are able to do more waves in moon or other maps. Higher waves = better drop rate. And as Jyutta said, it isn't worth doing moon if you can only get to wave 23 since ult almost never drop at 23 and below.

King's game is in my opinion a really good choice until you get better stats. I've gotten some good drops from there atleast (usually from the chest drops in my case actually)

@mehDD1 quote:

@jyutta quote:

Only on moonbase it's better to keep mm off, [...]

fyi: Drop chances are higher with MM enabled.

https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/147712/question-about-moonbase-survival

@mehDD1 quote:
@jyutta quote:

Only on moonbase it's better to keep mm off, [...]

fyi: Drop chances are higher with MM enabled.

On Moonbase it's better without MM for two reasons:

① More enemies per hour without MM

② Mini ogres are missing from MM. 

Combine those two reasons, and you get a lot more drops per hour without MM.  Drops per hour is really the only factor, since the multiplier and quality don't really change.  The multiplier caps one wave earlier on MM, but that barely changes anything, and average quality is about the same (1.0369 versus 1.0329, only slightly lower for Mix Mode).

@Plane quote:
On Moonbase it's better without MM for two reasons: 

① More enemies per hour without MM

② Mini ogres are missing from MM. 

Combine those two reasons, and you get a lot more drops per hour without MM.  Drops per hour is really the only factor, since the multiplier and quality don't really change.  The multiplier caps one wave earlier on MM, but that barely changes anything, and average quality is about the same (1.0369 versus 1.0329, only slightly lower for Mix Mode).

This is the statistics of some runs.

Only Singleplayer/Single char runs compared.

0GsOWSV

(https://imgur.com/a/0GsOWSV)

There is more data required to be more accurate, maybe then this will change, but currently it looks like you get the double amount of ult in MM.

if you would calculate 1.5h vs 2.5h this would mean for ult farming mm is better.

This is the spreadsheet:

Google Spreadsheet

FYI my test runs are in groups of 500, so I have a slightly larger sample size.  By the way, you do throw away a fair number of items by not using the optimal number of chars (3) on non-MM.

@Plane quote:

FYI my test runs are in groups of 500, so I have a slightly larger sample size.  By the way, you do throw away a fair number of items by not using the optimal number of chars (3) on non-MM.

Ah thanks for the info, I didn't know there was already some statistics done, also i did not assume there would be such a huge difference with more players since on MM it looks kinda equal.
I'm definitely gonna try out 3p non-MM runs.