Sign in to follow this  
PointlessMedic

PC render crashing issue and Steam failed file acquisition.

I keep getting a rendering error that crashes me out of the game about once an hour. I try to re verify the integrity of my game files and I get an error saying 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired but it doesn't. I boot my game up and it crashes again about an hour later. Re verify again and yet again it says 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired.

It happens constantly. It's hard to live with because I have to restart my game and wait for my friends to finish what we where doing every 3-4 games or the people I was carrying end up losing because my game crashed out or I end up losing the people I was enjoying playing with with because I didn't memorize their user names before the game crashed. It's irritating, a waste of my time and makes me not want to play to be honest. I haven't logged in since I posted this topic and I doubt I will until this issue is solved because its just not something any of us should have to deal with. It's been a month since 4.3.. It shouldn't take that long to identify a game crashing issue, that many people are tolerating, and fix it. If there wasn't so much purchasable content I might have more patience but the company is making money so they should have somebody on their staff working on serious issues like this.

I do have to say that I absolutely love this game and I support this company fully. However until this issue is addressed I wont be logging in. Games crashing on me drive me insane. Once this issue is fixed I will be back on constantly. Please fix this problem so I can fully enjoy your game once more.

Ive had this issue as well, it was resolved after an uninstall/reinstall. Now i would say Check your graphics drivers, see if they are up to date, that one was an issue for me with a different game. And there are prolly 10000 other different variables here but id say try a fresh reinstall of the game, hope that helps!

I get this error sometimes aswell but for me it only occurs when I've been to tavern/town many times (8+) in the same login session.