Sign in to follow this  
Kambien

Anti Mob Towers - What did you pick?

Hey there!

So I am at a point in onslaught now where I specializing a defense to anti-orc or anti-X,Y,Z is making sense and paying off tremendously.  What towers do you use for Anti Orc, Anti Boss, and even Anti Range or Anti Support?  Looking to get a feel for things.  Thus far I have anti orc, anti melee, and anti boss.  They changed so many things!  I am currently looking at doing an anti-ranged as well, even though they're pretty quick kills as it is.oh I also have anti frost (fire mod)  

Thanks!

Kambien

Me personally  i use the following:

Roller: Goblin Dmg, Mini-boss Dmg, Chaos Dmg

Omega Bosses: Miniboss Dmg, Anti-melee, Choas Dmg

WepMan: Anti-melee, Controller, Shocking Rev

Frost orc: Anti-Melee, Frost Dmg, 8+Rate/Tenancity 100%

well these are some i used when i pushing floors,

@Uchihia quote:

Me personally  i use the following:

Roller: Goblin Dmg, Mini-boss Dmg, Chaos Dmg

Omega Bosses: Miniboss Dmg, Anti-melee, Choas Dmg

WepMan: Anti-melee, Controller, Shocking Rev

Frost orc: Anti-Melee, Frost Dmg, 8+Rate/Tenancity 100%

well these are some i used when i pushing floors,

Awesome!

Here are some details on mine. 

WM - Water, Controller, Shocking Rev

LSA - Antimelee, Anti OrcRate

Ramster - Rate, Fire, Range

Harpoon - Anti Orc, Rate, Pierce

SGT - Water, Controller, Rate

Cannonball - Range, AntiBoss, Rate

Orc Wall - Water, Rate, Health (electric fingers shard)

PDT - Storm, Range, Pierce

I am considering turning my FAs into anti range or anti support. So like Anti Range, Rate, Range. Thoughts?

I have also toyed with the idea of using snaking sands as an anti range since they stun. But I have no idea if they would be a viable damage source. Or even using explosive trap as an anti range and anti support? 

Thought it could be fun to make a proton beam be an anti orc and anti melee. 

To me, i guess the real question is how specialized you want to get. Do you want one DEF to be multipurposeful? Do you want to have one of every DEF in the game, full spec'd out with ascension points? Do you want more than one of the same DEF tailor made to kill a specific unit type or purpose? 

For instance - WM. If you want it to do damage, focus on things like Power, Rate or Controller mods. If you want it to be a CC DEF, focus on Rate, Range, Water, and Shocking REV. If you want a hybrid, have some of both. 

Same goes for LSA - great single target power. For Multi use i have AntiChaos, AntiMiniboss, and Rate. However, if i wanted to say have an Ogre killer for Game Ogre lanes, i would make another and use Rate, Power, AntiMiniboss, and/or AntiMelee. 

If i wanted to go after Rollers - i would make a unique tower with AntiMiniboss, AntiGoblin, and either Rate or AntiRange-Melee (i forget which one it is classified as right now). 

Frost Units - i have a Ramster with Fire added (double damage) and AntioFrost, and Rate. Then i throw a Fissure by the Spawn point that also has FrostBoom on it for even more fun. 

Once you have every hero and every def in the game...you tend to start looking for things to do, so adding more specialized units is a way to keep things going. You could have 4 different Monks, each with a different Flame Aura for different situations. 

Just some ideas...

Oh! Hmmm... a roller specific tower. I may really need this. Currently my hero just tears them a part. But would be amazing to have a tower focused specifically on them. What tower would you recommend for rollers? 

The awesome thing is that there a numerous ways to build now, as opposed to before, when everyone built exactly the same. 

Having said that, here's my opinion on your FA question - FAs are are of the best AOE defenses in the game. Since that is the case, I want it to maximize it's damage to as many enemies a possible. "Melee" is the largest group of enemies in the game. Therefore, I put anti-melee and melee boom on my FAs. This clears out a big chunk of the lane, allowing me to focus on what gets through (like chaos mods, which I counter with anti-chaos cannons). 

Again, that's just my preference. Lots and lots of ways to build. The thing I'm learning is to have all your defenses synergize with each other. 

@Kambien quote:

I am considering turning my FAs into anti range or anti support. So like Anti Range, Rate, Range. Thoughts?

@Kambien quote:

Oh! Hmmm... a roller specific tower. I may really need this. Currently my hero just tears them a part. But would be amazing to have a tower focused specifically on them. What tower would you recommend for rollers? 

You can go many ways, the issue is how much DU do you have to spare, and placement options. CB/PDT is great when you have the room to place it and not get hit by anything else...which is sadly rare. I am not sure there is a sole tower that is a fit-all-situations answer to Rollers. They were kind of made to make the game not AFK-able IMO. On lower floors a LSA can zap the heck out of it. Maybe some higher floor veterans will have a better answer for you as to Onslaught. 

Can even take it a step further - make a CC def to hold the Roller in place, and make a Roller specific DPS hero! Have a WM and/or PB to lock it up, then run it with a hero that has Goblin/Controller/Miniboss/Melee on the weapon, and all armor has Exploit Weakness and power buffs - and it should just melt in seconds. Even better if you use the Barb, as you get 6 weapon slots to dedicate to this task and fully tanky life. This way your normal Barb does not need to take up room on his armor slots with Weakness MODS and you can concentrate more on raw power. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Kambien quote:

You can go many ways, the issue is how much DU do you have to spare, and placement options. CB/PDT is great when you have the room to place it and not get hit by anything else...which is sadly rare. I am not sure there is a sole tower that is a fit-all-situations answer to Rollers. They were kind of made to make the game not AFK-able IMO. On lower floors a LSA can zap the heck out of it. Maybe some higher floor veterans will have a better answer for you as to Onslaught. 

Can even take it a step further - make a CC def to hold the Roller in place, and make a Roller specific DPS hero! Have a WM and/or PB to lock it up, then run it with a hero that has Goblin/Controller/Miniboss/Melee on the weapon, and all armor has Exploit Weakness and power buffs - and it should just melt in seconds. Even better if you use the Barb, as you get 6 weapon slots to dedicate to this task and fully tanky life. This way your normal Barb does not need to take up room on his armor slots with Weakness MODS and you can concentrate more on raw power. 

Thank you! My EV2 is basically built the way you are describing, minus goblin damage. My Abyss Lord is full AP and each armor piece boosts that’s AP further. The third slot on all armor is enemy weakness. BUT... the trade off is he has like 180k health. With both frost fire explosion, and the summon skele explosion (pirate mod) the damage is ludicrous. 

I wonder if the heavy cannonball shard can hurt siege rollers when coming in from behind?

Thank you, too Rentard ! I actually recently did away with my explosion mods as they don’t deal a great amount of damage at higher onslaughts. Splody harpoon does amazing because it’s on a per hit rather than per mob death. Thinking for fun I’ll do a blaze balloon as tenacity, anti melee, anti chaos. 

I haven’t used the anti Chaos mods yet because most my struggles have been against Orcs, for their increased health and armor. I wonder what an aura defense with anti orc, anti melee, anti chaos, how that would do. If I am not mistaken lady Orcs would get demolished. But anti melee and anti orc do really good on that, too. 

Hummmmmmmmmmmm...