Sign in to follow this  
Acenf

plz fix dryad tree's it's still double upgrading

god dont even know how long its been 6 months maybe more. lets just say a very long time .

since the dawn of creation ok ok not that long but it'd sure be great to be able to upgrade dryad's tree 1 lvl at a time again on ps4 not sure if this was fixed on other platforms.

not a huge issue but big diff between 50 and 150 and 150 and 350 du

i dont think so that makes no sense

every other tower / blockade is 1 lvl at a time why would tree be any different

just goes against logic

its like having an animation of orc walking out backwards sure it dosent impact the game much but its just wrong

It's intentional and it's a good defence. Period.

Now ... what the Devs could do to prevent this confusion is to change the Stars shown when you inspect the Tree.

Emoji_Monk.png

And i hope Devs can add more Heroes with special Towers .... like 10 Upgrades and only 2 upgrades ... if we can put a wish for Christmas ... this is my wish :D and i hope it will come true.

The dryad trees are honestly an awesome defence,  the fact they cost 20du makes them one of my most used walls which i pack with power pylon. This type of wall offers variation on lanes which do not need a 30du walls such as those seen in draken keep, furthermore  if you manage to maximise  its range it offers great utility by helping heal heroes. i mean its not the staple wall to be used in every lane but it offers variety and choice.  

I just have to say - if the tree did not power Dryad defenses, i would never use it. A narrow wall is something i do not understand at all. I'd rather build any of the other walls if i am actually trying to stop enemies on the lane, and most other walls actually do something else. Viper Fangs are my go-to, as they are wide and the bubble attack is extremely useful. The new 20 DU cost for Trees helps, but not when you have to build 2-3 to cover the width of the lane. However, the fact that it is the center of all Dryad defenses of course changes that argument completely. You have to have it out of pure necessity. I don't see why though that this tower cannot got through the regular 5 star upgrades, one at a time. 

@uzar quote:

https://youtu.be/QUK40Dq2f5k   just put that here again if some missed it before.

fun vid, altho i have to ask how does automation work without an attack from the tree? is it explosive shielding  guard, when it explodes it heals the tree?  

Also ive personally found that upgrading walls in general is counter intuitive, if you instead upgrade dps towers, less enemies will get to your walls. This is from an endgame perspective however, and your first time thro c1-7 you should upgrade walls. And trees cost 50 DU less to upgrade to max, (500 to 450) so saving a free upgrade is always nice, all in all im alright with it.

@BABurrito69 quote:

fun vid, altho i have to ask how does automation work without an attack from the tree? is it explosive shielding  guard, when it explodes it heals the tree?  

I am not sure about the mechanics, but i think it is either a glitch or by purposeful design. I had Automation in my Training Dummies and they never froze either. I believe any DEF you put that HS in, will not freeze. I have not fully tested that though, just my running theory. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@BABurrito69 quote:

I am not sure about the mechanics, but i think it is either a glitch or by purposeful design. I had Automation in my Training Dummies and they never froze either. I believe any DEF you put that HS in, will not freeze. I have not fully tested that though, just my running theory. 

What i meant is that trees dont have any way to attack, so how does automation proc?

@BABurrito69 quote:

What i meant is that trees dont have any way to attack, so how does automation proc?

That is what i meant - they don't need to. My Training Dummies did not get frozen, and then get attacked and unfroze - they never froze in the first place. I believe simply having the Auto HS on a def protects it from the freeze attack. I am not sure if it applies to non-barriers as well as i have not tested it. But you only have 1 Auto HS - so that only gives you 1 DEF that is immune. If my theory is correct that is. 

I should test this on WM. Be great to have that immune...

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:
@BABurrito69 quote:

Dosesn't it trigger when it gets attacked?

@Martin Arcainess quote:

Dosesn't it trigger when it gets attacked?

The Auto HS shard in general - yes. But on this stage specifically, i think it is either a unique mechanic or a bug. The Frost Attack may be the attack that makes it Proc, and then it heals itself and loses the freeze. Great if this is intended as Auto HS finally has a decent use!!!! 

automation does not work on trees without explosive guard or the hyper that bubbles and explodes think thats explosive shielding

does  automation trigger if that servo in the tree triggers?  Accumulator Servo it's called.

just to clear up your question jaws, automation is working like a perfect tenacity on anything you put it on, works with cyborg stun, cursi, and freeze. Also automation healing procs with any damage the wall or any defence does including explosive guard, accumulation, poison bubble from the vipers , and the electric fingers from the skele walls :D

@Debs quote:

just to clear up your question jaws, automation is working like a perfect tenacity on anything you put it on, works with cyborg stun, cursi, and freeze. Also automation healing procs with any damage the wall or any defence does including explosive guard, accumulation, poison bubble from the vipers , and the electric fingers from the skele walls :D

Wow...just wow... I am both delighted and horrified by this news. I've been playing the game for over a year now, on the forum a ton, searched on this topic, and have even posted whole threads on Automation to ask about how it is used, and never once has that info come up. Did some testing last night, and sure enough, Auto works amazing. To think i had this amazing HS sitting on a def i never use, when it should have been in a prime one instead. Hunting for a 10 MOD tenacity when i have Auto HS...ugh. Such a waste on my part, and further proof of why we need the wiki pages and a guide SOOOOOOOO bad for DD2. At least this is a great incentive to complete Mastery!!!! Now my WM is a beast. 

Thank you for showing me the light. I am forever grateful. 

Bugs are funny like that...

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Debs quote:

Wow...just wow... I am both delighted and horrified by this news. I've been playing the game for over a year now, on the forum a ton, searched on this topic, and have even posted whole threads on Automation to ask about how it is used, and never once has that info come up. Did some testing last night, and sure enough, Auto works amazing. To think i had this amazing HS sitting on a def i never use, when it should have been in a prime one instead. Hunting for a 10 MOD tenacity when i have Auto HS...ugh. Such a waste on my part, and further proof of why we need the wiki pages and a guide SOOOOOOOO bad for DD2. At least this is a great incentive to complete Mastery!!!! Now my WM is a beast. 

Thank you for showing me the light. I am forever grateful. 

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Bugs are funny like that...

Is it a bug? I only ask because with this feature, this HS is amazing and something that you should want to get. A reason to play Mastery to almost all stars. Without it, i find this one of the most underwhelming HS in the game. Considering it was the final tier HS you get in Mastery, it should do something mind blowing to make it worth it IMO. Right now, this feels like it is on that level. I really hope it is not a bug that will be removed... 

EDIT - not sure what the multiple post thing was. PC glitch, sorry. Cleaned it up.  

I have the same suspicions as Jaws. I never used Automation until Drakenfrost update. Prior to that, I felt like the final prize of Mastery was very underwhelming. 

I suspect that turning Automation into a  100% tenacity was an intentional buff to endorse mastery, and to alleviate the burden of Drakenfrost Keep in Onslaught. It also just happened to coincide with the other changes that made 10/10 mods more attainable.  

I suppose only TE can confirm their intentions. But I hope it sticks around. 

Btw, at the cost of a shard slot, it is not as powerful as an actual 10/10 mod imo. But I love being able to switch it out from one defense to another. 

Automation is healing the tower based on its hp per hit, so I really don't get how it wouldn't be a bug when it removes status effects. Unless it is intentional and just not described on the Shard. 

I haven´t tried the bug but seems wasteful to squash it. It frees up a relic slot for that necessary (on some defenses) tenacity and opens up for more tinkering combinations.  

I assume this doesn't mitigate the frost orc aura as per the 10/10 tenacity? If it does then its even stronger than it currently appears! Will have to test this when I get home from work in a couple of hours.

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Automation is healing the tower based on its hp per hit, so I really don't get how it wouldn't be a bug when it removes status effects. Unless it is intentional and just not described on the Shard. 

@MaJean quote:

I haven´t tried the bug but seems wasteful to squash it. It frees up a relic slot for that necessary (on some defenses) tenacity and opens up for more tinkering combinations.  

Y'know, maybe that Hyper Shard should be renamed to "Tenacious Automation". I mean seriously, Hyper Shards gotta sound hyper!

And yes, if It's intentional, I'm starting to like that shard. I've never viewed it as useful as Mass Destruction or Vicious Strikes until this which makes it awesome and worth the 735 Mastery Stars!

It doesnt negate the frost orcs aura but it will negate the dragons freeze.