Sign in to follow this  
super_slayan

why did i gild frosty beams?

did i really just spend 2.2something mil to go from 25% to 27% chance to freeze enemies from 2 seconds to 2.2 seconds? 

freezing enemies for an extra .2 seconds? seriously???

what a rip off. won’t even notice a different

if only i could preview the max stats before commiting to getting 10 of the shards and paying the 2 mil upfront

true but if your doing ap resets and you use it often it wont take to many resets to get it back

There is a web link somewhere with most of the gilded stats. 

There are a few that really are not worth gilding (I know gilding is primarily to avoid resetting but it is supposed to unlock power as well)

I remember getting a load of mana capacitor shards and thinking it would be good to gild but it only gives 20 more resource which is not even enough mana to use an ability one extra time for most abilities.

Here is the link hope it works as I'm on mobile at the moment 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ONuUAUofbdaav4GUVvWy69CLEatFalT73mGuhhLaXJg/edit?usp=sharing

I gilded frosty beams because resets, and i got a crap load of them while farming barb shards. Ive also found that a 2% increase to its chance is more significant than it sounds, PB's have a .38 ish atk speed (dont remember specifically but its around 3 times a sec max) so its surprisingly not as bad as it sounds to gild, altho its definitely a low priority if gold is an issue (tyty resets)

@BeerGoggles quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

Ive also found that a 2% increase to its chance is more significant than it sounds, 

It's 8% more likely to freeze. Seems like a  decent upgrade

triple that because of the slow on PB's, than increase that further if a target gets caught on a frozen mob... PB's are so underrated and so strong. And don't get me started on adding a water servo and a few lsa's around them, so good!

Yeah proton beams are super good, the bonus however small you think ignores the 573k gold to upgrade it again and again on each reset. I’ve gilded every shard I can get 10 of. The 2mil gold is a seriously worth it investment.

well some of us have no interest in resetting cause there isn’t much incentive

@super_slayan quote:

Resetting couldn’t be any easier than it is now, I got 5 resets in 2 days, I was solo for that matter using one tower. If I had a carry I probably could’ve done at least 7. The thing is the bonuses are well worth the reset. And since I already have lost everything numerous times losing it again means nothing. I plan on getting c8 after I’m done resetting. I also received 2100 ascension from my climb prior. So I’m trying to gain all the possible power I can. And in order to do so I have to reset. It is 100% worth it. Don’t screw yourself by saying the incentive isn’t there. The gold and xp is awesome. The defense boosts are also great. And having 1 point in the hero boosts are also huge as well.

if you want to see the gilded max stats, do the following:

1. take the shard WITHOUT upgrades

2. go to the upgrade menu and look how much you gain for upgrading it 1 level

3. now look how much you would get for maxing out.

4. add 4 times the amount of point 2 (what you get for 1 lvl) to the max value.

5. done.

in general: shard with low amounts of upgrade lvl benefit more from gilding than the ones with high amounts, since it is always 4 extra lvl. 14 instead of 10 is more of % bonus then 28 instead of 24.

@TMyth quote:

@super_slayan quote:

Resetting couldn’t be any easier than it is now, I got 5 resets in 2 days, I was solo for that matter using one tower. If I had a carry I probably could’ve done at least 7. The thing is the bonuses are well worth the reset. And since I already have lost everything numerous times losing it again means nothing. I plan on getting c8 after I’m done resetting. I also received 2100 ascension from my climb prior. So I’m trying to gain all the possible power I can. And in order to do so I have to reset. It is 100% worth it. Don’t screw yourself by saying the incentive isn’t there. The gold and xp is awesome. The defense boosts are also great. And having 1 point in the hero boosts are also huge as well.

i don’t want slightly higher stats so that i can mindlessly climb to onslaught floor infinity for no reason. i was some sort of new map/boss that is difficult that can only be done if you have that extra boost in stats. some sort of 6 player raid like in destiny or something. i’m not trying to reset so that i can replay the same maps and modes over and over for hundreds of hours