Sign in to follow this  
Kaass

Lag is getting worse by the Minute.

Hey there Trendy, i do hope you can fix this problem my friend has. 

When he starts a game with me there is no problem, but after 2mins the game starts to Lag and for every minute that goes by it gets worse, in the end hes game freezes and then crashes and hes computer starts acting Slow.

The worst part of this is that hes PC Spec is better than mine and i can play the game just fine for Hours.

PS: Ive been searching the forums and other places for days now looking for a fix and there is no reply of this from the Trendy Team. Please Send help.

i have the same problem. PC/Austria  [[166314,users]] pls talk to the responsible guys from Trendy!! Cause problems like this one, pathfinding/spawn, and so on exists since the game exists and are never getting fixed but pushed aside until they appear again it feels .

I am convinced that this is a problem due to neglect of europian server. I am from Germany, using a PC and in the afternoon problems are tremendous. Worst problem is that when the map is finished no continuation is offered but the char is moved back to the taverna (so no reward shard for doing four or more maps in a row).

I’m from US and play on ps4 and the lag spikes are here too, it’ll lag and lag, but then it’ll end up freezing and i’ll have to reboot the game 

Oh, no, there is no freezing but ... when I go to the taverna it crashes quite often.

If it is getting worse the longer you are playing, it is a memory leak. Xbox one usa here. No crashes but severe lag after awhile.

I was told by someone that it could be because the game runs a old Unreal Engine and therefor not optimized correctly. But it would be nice to see someone from Trendy confirm the problem, since i have not seen that yet and maybe never will.

I rubberband all over the place when I go to the town hub. Been like that for a such a long time, I started expecting it.

@MaJean quote:

I rubberband all over the place when I go to the town hub. Been like that for a such a long time, I started expecting it.

The problem is not the Rubberbanding  its Huge fps drop then into a crash.

@Kaass quote:

@MaJean quote:

Yeah, I know people experience crashes, and this is something I´ve been spared, but no one ever mentions the rubberbanding much, so I thought I would.

@MaJean quote:

@Kaass quote:

@MaJean quote:

Yeah, I know people experience crashes, and this is something I´ve been spared, but no one ever mentions the rubberbanding much, so I thought I would.

To be fair, the Rubberband has always been in Dungeon Defender. I made this thread to see if i could get a Fix for my friend.

@Kaass quote:

@MaJean quote:

@Kaass quote:

@MaJean quote:

To be fair, the Rubberband has always been in Dungeon Defender. I made this thread to see if i could get a Fix for my friend.

The more information TE gets, the better they can solve issues. The thread title is "lag is getting worse by the minute"  so I´m just bringing facts about lag issues to the table. Good luck with your problems, but don´t start yapping to people trying to shed more light.

EDIT: Just reread this last comment of mine, and it sounded a little more negative than needed. Sorry about that.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys we need a bit more information than just "this is happening" (I could just as easily say:"It works on my machine")

We are not seeing a memory leak on this end. But maybe your settings+hardware are exposing it. Can you post your hardware and settings?

Change the game settings to min spec and see if the issue persists

Are you running with any video capture application in the background? If so please shut it down and see if the issue persists.

In a more general way: Is there any background application running in the back that could be affecting your machine? If so please shut it down and try again

I've only seen  this happen when using my 95% tenacity on my frosty beams and put them directly into harms way. The more the negative status stack the worse it gets

@MaJean quote:

@Kaass quote:

@MaJean quote:

@Kaass quote:

@MaJean quote:

The more information TE gets, the better they can solve issues. The thread title is "lag is getting worse by the minute"  so I´m just bringing facts about lag issues to the table. Good luck with your problems, but don´t start yapping to people trying to shed more light.

EDIT: Just reread this last comment of mine, and it sounded a little more negative than needed. Sorry about that.

I am sorry to about pulling you down, but i see to many Threads getting dis-tracked from the issue the thread startet with.

Just had an annoying thing happen on EU server on PS4 .

I was chaining a bunch of maps in couch co-op and after clearing wave 3 and loading in wave 4 the game never gave us the option to ready up.  Could run around and upgrade but no option or timer to resume the game.

After a drink break still no luck so I returned to hub so we were all connected to the server the whole time no crashes or error messages etc,  just a forceful break to my 5 win streak 😣

Split screen from my experience becomes quite bad above floor 50ish. There's just to many mobs. Smaller maps work fine but larger maps like the temple are rather laggy

@Lagmonster quote:

Split screen from my experience becomes quite bad above floor 50ish. There's just to many mobs. Smaller maps work fine but larger maps like the temple are rather laggy

Yeah temple around floors 70+ is literally unplayable co-op on the PS4 sometimes especially when you get huge mobs like frosty fodder and dreadbones hoarde- you get some real bad rubber banding or lag spikes and enemies kinda walking all over the place or through the floor. 

Still the worst rubber banding was always in mastery - no hero deaths, the amount of times I failed that due to teleporting 20 meters in a random direction whilst moving around the maps with death drops on them😂.