Sign in to follow this  
Superb_Dog

Gear reset/getting back to c7 gear

Hello everyone,

a friend of mine suggested that when one of us resets, the other can sell to that person, C7 gear.

Firstly is this ok to do? (as in not against rules or anything like that) and is it possible?

Hey there! It used to be possible but I think since around Isle of Dread, Trendy added the "Synched to Progression" feature in player shops meaning that if you buy C7 gear when you're having campaign gear score, that C7 gear will be downgraded to your current level. In short, it's no longer possible now.

If I recall correctly, it can be considered an exploit in some manner as the players shops isn't intended for gear progression. 

But I'll say it actually fun to help your friend this way during Pre-isle of dread. Though I didn't actually boost anyone in AP or even get boosted myself but I did help someone that way in C6. Fun way to get rid of unwanted gear I'll say (again).

Thank you Paloverde, it didn't really cross my mind until this friend mentioned it yesterday. But anyways I will just carry on with resetting and going through the various chaos levels.

Thanks again.

You could sell your friend your gear, do one 30+ onslaught, which will drop c7 gear. Equip that gear, then buy your gear back from friend. 

FYI, you can't sell gear that you have modified

Edit: forgot to say, reset comes between selling gear and onslaught 30+

I see, well i will link this thread to my friend and let him know also. Thank you for the information.

I personally will go about it the usual way but my friend is interested in this it seems.

@BeerGoggles quote:

You could sell your friend your gear, do one 30+ onslaught, which will drop c7 gear. Equip that gear, then buy your gear back from friend. 

FYI, you can't sell gear that you have modified

like beergoggles said floor 30 drops c7 gear . i would do floor 10 get some gear , do floor 20 get some gear and do floor 30 get some gear , bam c7 is unlocked. i upgraded one relic each reset . basically you are back to farming c7 for some gear to get you through the onslaught maps in about 1 hour. 

the down side is you miss out on these dang ole plain motes 

Thank you. Hmmm well even though i will go the long way to reset but like you mentioned, i will get plain motes and i'll get shards, gold on the way.

@direnels quote:

like beergoggles said floor 30 drops c7 gear . i would do floor 10 get some gear , do floor 20 get some gear and do floor 30 get some gear , bam c7 is unlocked. i upgraded one relic each reset . basically you are back to farming c7 for some gear to get you through the onslaught maps in about 1 hour. 

the down side is you miss out on these dang ole plain motes 

if you haven't done to many ap resets i wouldn't upgrade anything just use what drops saves alot of gold and materials because you can still complete lower onslaught floors with just drops