Sign in to follow this  
jaden198

First time pushing Onslaught

After 7 flips in the 30s, I decided to push a bit higher.  Previous levels and floors (when Onslaught first came to be), I start my resets at level 330.  I'm currently on floor 91, so my next flip should be much different.

Couple Observations - (my opinion only - there will certainly be folks who disagree):

1.  C8 Relics need to persist like Guilded Shards.  I basically used 4 characters for each of my prior flips.  The relics are crafted to my liking, and they do the job.  That said, (nothing new here), grinding to power them up after a reset is extremely time consuming.  Forget about the 2-3 million coins it takes to level 1 relic to C7.  Farming the materials necessary to do so requires 16-24 games at terribly easy content.  Multiply that by 4, and I have absolutely zero desire to craft and level any new relics, so alternative characters/builds go unused.  Sure, some relics can be moved from one character to another, but many have tower specific mods that I can't imagine folks would want to lose just to move the relic.

C8 amps are rare and, from what I've heard, costly enough to upgrade that they shouldn't instantly create god accounts.  Make them untradeable, and that's even less likely to happen.

Having C8s persist would encourage the creation of new relics for other characters. 
As it is, I don't think that grinding 160 matches ( 80 C3 + 80 C6) to re-level 10 tinkered relics is remotely enjoyable, so I stick with a limited number of characters/builds while I'm flipping.  I can't be the only one.

As they are, C8s are essentially useless for anyone doing AP resets.  Given their cost and the fact that they'll reset to C1, there's no sense in using them until such point that you believe you are finished.  And God knows that you won't be doing any more resets if you've got a few maxed C8 relics on your account.  

2. Scale the number of Assassins on Drakkenlord based on number of players.  Clearly, the map was designed for multiple players.  On console, in Onslaught, I've had exactly 4 players join me for a single floor between 40 and 90.  The number of times I've solo'd Drakkenlord continues to climb.  Getting nuked my a mob of Assassins (3-4 at once) while the dragon swoops in is extremely irritating.  Nothing like sitting at the respawn screen while a third of your defenses sit idle.
Obviously, there are ways to escape the Assassins, but having to use Shocking Revelations Weapon manufacturers on EVERY build just to negate a randomly appearing enemy is limiting my creativity!

That said, I'm enjoying the push.  It's challenging, but doable thanks to the ability to replay from the last wave.  Being able to test builds is an amazing addition to the journey.  Wave 6 on The Lost Temple, solo, is intense! 

Lastly, I'm amused by the fact that I'm going to gain 400+ levels next time I reset!

***Pardon the formatting, I was rolling stream of conscience with this one!*** 

Carry on.

pet skill sparkle party drops assassins and there's also the mod that has a % chance to stun the assassin on its 1st hit . but sparkle party will drop them all and give you you enough time for a few brasier's

Great post! Many of your ideas reflect what the majority of the community is looking for. 

i would ap reset more but i upgraded c8s and i have talent caps  maxed / just not worth losing c8s  / i wish i hadn't used c8s because i did like ap reset 

@Acenf quote:

pet skill sparkle party drops assassins and there's also the mod that has a % chance to stun the assassin on its 1st hit . but sparkle party will drop them all and give you you enough time for a few brasier's

MOD that stuns assassins is bugged & doesn't work at all currently. Sparkle Party works, but only gives you a few seconds before the next assassin latches on, so that's all about if your RNG is decent with burning strikes or not.

Really, the problem with the entire map design is it's difficulty level is entirely RNG based. If the dragon freezes defenses right as mobs reach them, and right as you get swarmed by assassins, and/or if you get super unlucky with burning strikes, there isn't much to do but replay from wave. If you get lucky with timing of the dragon freezes, it's easy.

think farming c1-3 and c4-6 would be more fun by manually increasing difficulty. Like it was in DD1. The higher the level the more loot we get. Also adding survival for special rewards! Like 10min higher defense rate/power or 10%more DU... 

@Tolkmit quote:

@Acenf quote:

MOD that stuns assassins is bugged & doesn't work at all currently. Sparkle Party works, but only gives you a few seconds before the next assassin latches on, so that's all about if your RNG is decent with burning strikes or not.

Really, the problem with the entire map design is it's difficulty level is entirely RNG based. If the dragon freezes defenses right as mobs reach them, and right as you get swarmed by assassins, and/or if you get super unlucky with burning strikes, there isn't much to do but replay from wave. If you get lucky with timing of the dragon freezes, it's easy.

I've got a 10 version of that Shackled mod.  Haven't seen it stun an assassin yet.  If it does in the future, it'll be an option.

A lot of great ideas and a lot of others already offered to Trendy. Hoping we hear something about AP on the next stream.