Sign in to follow this  
Cymmina

Drakenkeep braziers and the Drakenlord belong in Incursions

@uzar quote:

Its a grind game we know this, but how do you suggest someone just starting be able to play with someone that has as you say played since alpha and just be carried? I mean are they really playing at this point and do you want to see "campaign " people on floor 700 the day they start?

I don't expect to start anything and be on the same  caliber of a person playing for 5 years in anything after even a month time let alone a few days.

@TMyth quote:

In addition I can speak first hand from this. I have numerous friends who have wanted to play the game with me. But all of them are discouraged they will have to sit through content that is mediocre at best. No one wants to wait a month to play with their friend and no one wants to step back from high tier play to grind campaign content. Especially with limited time and I’m burned on old content. I played far too much when the game was still in alpha to even want to touch anything old with a 12 ft pole. That’s just my personal experience with ridiculous grind additions. They need more fun content. Definitely not anymore shard grinding madness.

I think what hes saying is that the fun part of the game, grinding onslaught, is first walled off by a mountain of boring grind. Yea this is a grind game, i wouldn't have it any other way. But the grind for shards and all the prep work to get ready to do onslaught (or the reset prep, gross) is a daunting, and a frankly boring task. especially If you carry your buddy thro the campaign thru c7, they don't get to understand how the game works and how to play, the trials and tribulations of expeditions (see what i did there?). AND then you have to tell them "hey, before we can have any fun, here is a list of shards and all the drop locations, go get them, it'll take about 400 hours and yes i know defense rate covers 3 pages, you need that many"   A lot of ppl simply go away at that point, a lot of ppl i've played with left very quickly upon learning how boring farming can be (and that was before gilding) Farming needs to be a fun and engaging experience to keep ppl farming and not just afking the whole game. 

@BABurrito69 quote:

@uzar quote:

Its a grind game we know this, but how do you suggest someone just starting be able to play with someone that has as you say played since alpha and just be carried? I mean are they really playing at this point and do you want to see "campaign " people on floor 700 the day they start?

I don't expect to start anything and be on the same  caliber of a person playing for 5 years in anything after even a month time let alone a few days.

@TMyth quote:

In addition I can speak first hand from this. I have numerous friends who have wanted to play the game with me. But all of them are discouraged they will have to sit through content that is mediocre at best. No one wants to wait a month to play with their friend and no one wants to step back from high tier play to grind campaign content. Especially with limited time and I’m burned on old content. I played far too much when the game was still in alpha to even want to touch anything old with a 12 ft pole. That’s just my personal experience with ridiculous grind additions. They need more fun content. Definitely not anymore shard grinding madness.

I think what hes saying is that the fun part of the game, grinding onslaught, is first walled off by a mountain of boring grind. Yea this is a grind game, i wouldn't have it any other way. But the grind for shards and all the prep work to get ready to do onslaught (or the reset prep, gross) is a daunting, and a frankly boring task. especially If you carry your buddy thro the campaign thru c7, they don't get to understand how the game works and how to play, the trials and tribulations of expeditions (see what i did there?). AND then you have to tell them "hey, before we can have any fun, here is a list of shards and all the drop locations, go get them, it'll take about 400 hours and yes i know defense rate covers 3 pages, you need that many"   A lot of ppl simply go away at that point, a lot of ppl i've played with left very quickly upon learning how boring farming can be (and that was before gilding) Farming needs to be a fun and engaging experience to keep ppl farming and not just afking the whole game. 

I fully agree and so does 90% of the community, no matter how small it is now. I only just came back 2 months ago and hadnt played in almost a year before that and all i see is the game is many times more grindy, with no incentive for it. All ive been doing is pushing onslaught, just for leaderboards, and im already burnt out. They need to realise there is no need for extra grind with no incentive. Its gotten to the point to where i dont think they even care to fix this game anymore. Since so few of us play, there isnt much profit to be made by them anymore. I believe that is why we are screwed. Elandrian is our only hope now.

@Dabeasta quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

@uzar quote:

@TMyth quote:

No one wants to wait a month to play with their friend and no one wants to step back from high tier play to grind campaign content.

I think what hes saying is that the fun part of the game, grinding onslaught, is first walled off by a mountain of boring grind. Yea this is a grind game, i wouldn't have it any other way. But the grind for shards and all the prep work to get ready to do onslaught (or the reset prep, gross) is a daunting, and a frankly boring task.they don't get to  especially If you carry your buddy thro the campaign thru c7, understand how the game works and how to play, the trials and tribulations of expeditions (see what i did there?). AND then you have to tell them "hey, before we can have any fun, here is a list of shards and all the drop locations, go get them, it'll take about 400 hours and yes i know defense rate covers 3 pages, you need that many"   A lot of ppl simply go away at that point, a lot of ppl i've played with left very quickly upon learning how boring farming can be (and that was before gilding) 

I fully agree and so does 90% of the community, no matter how small it is now. I only just came back 2 months ago and hadnt played in almost a year before that and all i see is the game is many times more grindy, with no incentive for it. All ive been doing is pushing onslaught, just for leaderboards, and im already burnt out. They need to realise there is no need for extra grind with no incentive. Its gotten to the point to where i dont think they even care to fix this game anymore. Since so few of us play, there isnt much profit to be made by them anymore. I believe that is why we are screwed. Elandrian is our only hope now.

So same thing being said , Grind game we know this we except this.... but...DO NOT NEED gilded shards... DO NOT NEED to Gild Every Shard in the game for onslaught....."  especially If you carry your buddy thro the campaign thru c7, "  "Farming needs to be a fun and engaging experience to keep ppl farming and not just afking the whole game. " Community wanted it easier....more afking

More carry people not playing the game....  Still need ascension ( grind Xp) still need more then 4 hero for higher onslaught....Need medals or gems to buy new Heros needs time to understand how to play those heroes..

So I ask again what FUN content do you want that doesn't involve carrying a campaign level person with someone that has been playing 5 years has all mastery shards and 5k ascension with 50 AP and puts them on equal footing... sounds like maybe you should all be playing tiger woods golf together 

This type of game is not for everyone and its a not a play and finish game in a weekend either

@TMyth quote:

@Exglint quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

By making players think, and giving options (some better than others, ill admit) they allow us to choose what works best and they can add or change things to make us constantly re-evaluate what the "meta" is. if the map makes players gravitate to a certain play style, than another map needs something else different entirely, that's so much better than "what are we gonna use today? oh yea same thing we use everyday!"

This part resonated within me. I like the idea of having 10 maps each with a different strategy. The problem I see here will not be an issue for me but will for many others, that means 10 different relic setups, with 10 different mod setups and possibly 10 different shard setups. That's going to be a lot of work for the fun you could get out of that idea. This wouldn't have been a problem back in the day where mods didn't exist but now, not so much.

That is considering they dump it all on us. If they released one map at a time and left it to be examined, planned for, and executed, then we would have the ability to take this kind of progression. Every new player would have to do lots of work though after a full implementation since they would hit each task one by one and need to stop and go back for a new setup.

Another way to do this would be to have each unique map introduced slowly through progression at certain milestones. If you had each new thing every 60-70 floors then as you got really high in Onslaught you would have them all but you had time to acclimate yourself to each one and get sounds strategies for them. This does mean leaving Drakenfrost Keep in Onslaught as the first step though and that is something we have to agree on first.

Yep, this is idea would be brutal for new players. Would probably kill the player base even more. Making people do the boring grind of shard farming is for more hardcore players. Having 10 characters with specced medallions is a hardcore play. Most people are just playing c7 and enjoying the game. The hardcore to casual player base is getting skewed too much by adding ridiculously high tier content to the point people just don’t want to play cause it’ll take them months to get to anyone else who’s even playing the game

I think people forget really easily how hard the game was when you started out, I had a buddy quit on me during DD2 original campaign mode, only to finish when another buddy came along. Then we went to the Chaos tiers and C2 was brutal, slowly and finally figuring out how to beat a c7 by myself zero carries. Most people on Xbox need help and ask for carries all the time, they have trouble or lack the shards to beat higher floors. I gladly help by telling them what shards you need and what would help IMO. 

I can AFK all c7 because I put in the time to be able to do that ( mastery&Farming), I spent a whole month farming c3 to get one deadly strikes, yes a month, I farmed and went to onslaught floor 165 before the update and 119 after the update without the map-replay option on hyper waves for a high Min Ascension for prestiging. 

As of right now harder content is onslaught higher floors and Mastery, yes it would be nice to have a c8 type level of gameplay or a Mastery part 2 for the people that want the harder stuff, but most people playing are not on that level and won’t get there for some time. 

In my opinion the worst thing trendy could do is listen to the top 5% of the gamers asking for harder stuff, YES Make harder game modes but stuff that doesn’t effect the current content they already have. I’ll be playing pretty much no matter what, even though yes I hate that incursion map on onslaught😑😀.

Trendy needs to focus on new players and growth and not adding in weird boss mechanics that make it more of a pain for people learning, Add in the fact the new boss is riddled with glitches(hello invisible dragon and bubble that won’t go down) it’s even more ridiculous and hampers new players. 

@gcstephen13 quote:

I can AFK all c7 because I put in the time to be able to do that ( mastery&Farming), I spent a whole month farming c3 to get one deadly strikes, yes a month, I farmed and went to onslaught floor 165 before the update and 119 after the update without the map-replay option on hyper waves for a high Min Ascension for prestiging. 

As of right now harder content is onslaught higher floors and Mastery, yes it would be nice to have a c8 type level of gameplay or a Mastery part 2 for the people that want the harder stuff, but most people playing are not on that level and won’t get there for some time. 

In my opinion the worst thing trendy could do is listen to the top 5% of the gamers asking for harder stuff, YES Make harder game modes but stuff that doesn’t effect the current content they already have. I’ll be playing pretty much no matter what, even though yes I hate that incursion map on onslaught😑😀.

Trendy needs to focus on new players and growth and not adding in weird boss mechanics that make it more of a pain for people learning, Add in the fact the new boss is riddled with glitches(hello invisible dragon and bubble that won’t go down) it’s even more ridiculous and hampers new players. 

You dont need to do mastery to afk c7, we were afking it before then with WM and FA/LSA builds with 22.9k relics.

That farm for Deadly Strikes has vague information, did you farm for a month 1 hour a day or 12. Kind of changes the perspective.

C8 would not be good for the game, in 6 hours we would have max gear and would be afking it unless they gave us a truly powerful hardcounter, which I still bet will be afk'ed.

Trendy has never only listened to one section of players, they listen to every equally. To assume they are going to make the game harder without thinking of the impact it will have on everyone else is kind of far fetched.

@gcstephen13 quote:

@TMyth quote:

@Exglint quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

By making players think, and giving options (some better than others, ill admit) they allow us to choose what works best and they can add or change things to make us constantly re-evaluate what the "meta" is. if the map makes players gravitate to a certain play style, than another map needs something else different entirely, that's so much better than "what are we gonna use today? oh yea same thing we use everyday!"

This part resonated within me. I like the idea of having 10 maps each with a different strategy. The problem I see here will not be an issue for me but will for many others, that means 10 different relic setups, with 10 different mod setups and possibly 10 different shard setups. That's going to be a lot of work for the fun you could get out of that idea. This wouldn't have been a problem back in the day where mods didn't exist but now, not so much.

That is considering they dump it all on us. If they released one map at a time and left it to be examined, planned for, and executed, then we would have the ability to take this kind of progression. Every new player would have to do lots of work though after a full implementation since they would hit each task one by one and need to stop and go back for a new setup.

Another way to do this would be to have each unique map introduced slowly through progression at certain milestones. If you had each new thing every 60-70 floors then as you got really high in Onslaught you would have them all but you had time to acclimate yourself to each one and get sounds strategies for them. This does mean leaving Drakenfrost Keep in Onslaught as the first step though and that is something we have to agree on first.

Yep, this is idea would be brutal for new players. Would probably kill the player base even more. Making people do the boring grind of shard farming is for more hardcore players. Having 10 characters with specced medallions is a hardcore play. Most people are just playing c7 and enjoying the game. The hardcore to casual player base is getting skewed too much by adding ridiculously high tier content to the point people just don’t want to play cause it’ll take them months to get to anyone else who’s even playing the game

I think people forget really easily how hard the game was when you started out, I had a buddy quit on me during DD2 original campaign mode, only to finish when another buddy came along. Then we went to the Chaos tiers and C2 was brutal, slowly and finally figuring out how to beat a c7 by myself zero carries. Most people on Xbox need help and ask for carries all the time, they have trouble or lack the shards to beat higher floors. I gladly help by telling them what shards you need and what would help IMO. 

Difficulty is what the end game players are lacking right now. I miss those days of having to struggle to play a map. Like back in the NM3 - 4 transition days. It took awhile to gear up and be able to solo it. It was a learning curve for sure. Now it’s stupid simple. I bet any money if someone just decided to start playing and got the ev2, and bought a crappy shocking revelation and got a water servo on there, they could beat from c1-7 easy. The game is dumbed down compared to when you were first grinding up the ladder on release. I got all the way to c5 in like 2 days. After not playing for like 3 - 4 months.

So it would be great if we can manually increase difficulty in each separate chaos level.... Also including survival... The higher the level the more loot. So we would get back a little bit of learning curve. 

Also why don't make the drakenlord carrying loot, like goblins in Diablo? After his death he will bring us gold, medals, c8 ampules, boosts (more tower dps/range/ etc. Or 10%. more DU) for next. Map, or leaving most wanted shards....? 

So we would love his appearance

I'm a solo player and I play DD2 for Onslaught.

I have 2030 hours on DD2 and I'm finally thinking of quitting this game.

I played DD1 before this and I think DD1 is much deeper than DD2. But I've grown to love this game.

Like I said, I play solo and my defenses are on knife edge, meaning, I do a lot or running around and DPSing with my hero to finish a level. so I don't AFK.

With this incursion in Onslaught, my style of play is not possible because, when I'm killing enemies, another section of the map is frozen and I loose.

So, what I believe is, to play this incursion level in Onslaught, I should already have towers so powerful that I should be AFKing all levels till this one, then runaround lighting the fires.

This doesn't make sense to me. 

I'm a weekend player, and do play a level of onslaught a day.

I'll just wait for the next update and see if I can get back.

Hope the dragon get's taken out of this level at least.

peace!