Sign in to follow this  
ruanly

Do pets get better?

Pets seem so incredibly weak compared to what I remember dungeon defenders 1 allowing. I have a legendary tier dragon in its elder evolution and its attack seems ridiculously low to me still. So my question is, do the quality of the pets increase with chaos levels? Like their max attack damage at higher evolutions.  I get a buuuunch of eggs while I'm grinding and I just let them rot right now, but if higher chaos levels (I just got to c2 this weekend) has better pets then I guess I should start hatching them instead? I dunno, I'm just confused on how to best handle pets in dd2, basically. 

I have only been playing for a year. Was there ever a time that pets were more than just an ability? They were definitely more significant in DD1. 

There are a few skills worth noting that pets have. Ability to weaken enemies is useful, shields are useful-ish, and of course the Sparkle Party one that removes one assassin is likely the best for non tanks. You can reroll their attacks for elementals as well, such as fire or lightning to complete oil and drench combos.

Overall though, i find them to be very underwhelming. Their stats are very small in both damage and points they add to your hero. DD1 pets were extremely more important to builds. Mostly shoulder flair and just something to do. The amount if pet materials and eggs you get is crazy, compared to their significance. I only open eggs to sell mythic and legendary ones off. 

I miss DD1 pets... The giraffe on the treadmill could turn your builder from a zero to a hero with its stats boosts. PS3 version at least. I hope DD2 pets get like a tenfold increase in stats at some point. And of course..,i hope and dream of some kind of shark related pet some day - orca boat with 3 floating yellow canisters would be amazing!

pets are in a sad state right now, basically useless with about 4 exceptions, drago for dps, sandstorm/cyclone for builders or hd dps(altho drago works there as well, sometimes better) and the occasional sparkle party. i dont personally use sparkle party because drago, but its a solid pet. as far as stats go, there are ppl who used the green eyes pet glitch to get rly high pet stats (like 1500 def pwr) and they are STILL useless. and as far as dmg.... just no. so yea i rly rly hope pets get addressed soon, like a full rework. Id say 'make pets great again', but how about just 'make pets great.' 

i hope they get buffed and also i would some melee pets like dogs that run around on the floor and also the ability to maybe control the pets shots to shoot at specific things like a secondary weapon but be able to change it automatic firing like it is now