Sign in to follow this  
TMyth

Mythic chests

So if you’re like me, you have terrible RNG. I recently opened 38 mythic chests. I have a video of 30 cause my luck is hilariously spectacular to watch as I managed to pull not 1, not 2, not 3, but 12 duplicate legendaries out, a ton of pets, and all duplicate character skins but 3. I managed to get only like 6 new flairs and 3 character skins out of 38 mythic chests. Someone needs to stop my gambling cause it’s a cheat. I managed to get 40million gold. From duplicates.. I was averaging 1.5 mil on most every chest.

This is why I don't buy chest anymore. To me, it's a waste of money with no gradually guarantee that you'll get what you want. I would love that each time 1 token drops with the chest and with said token we can choose what we want from the RNG pool.  So like a epic would be 3 tokens, 5 for mythical and 8 for Legendary skins or something like that

i wish you could buy what you want but lootboxes are meant to be like that so you could buy more. it’s like that in other games (the randomness)

+1

Chests need to take into some account what you already have. Opening ten chests can give you 10-15 million gold, and itnusually does for me, because so many are duplicates. 

Take our money but out of ten mythical chests you should be receiving - when you nearly everything - 2-4 new items. 

Blargh!

@Martin Arcainess quote:

This is why I don't buy chest anymore. To me, it's a waste of money with no gradually guarantee that you'll get what you want. I would love that each time 1 token drops with the chest and with said token we can choose what we want from the RNG pool.  So like a epic would be 3 tokens, 5 for mythical and 8 for Legendary skins or something like that

Excellent, I do believe there should be some form of compensation for the amount of money you have to spend. I understand that it is a gamble. But at the end of the day after I’ve spent as much as I have on boxes. I should at least have the 3 - 4 flairs I want. I’ve wanted the full shark set for awhile now. Can’t seem to get it. I’ve gotten other cool things and have all the winter flairs (which do look amazing, the frost drake tail reminds me of goku.) but overall I feel like I’ve cheated myself out of a lot more that I could’ve gotten. This needs recognition by them for sure. I know numerous people who have spent at least 200-300 dollars and have gotten nothing but garbage out of it. With that much I would expect to have like almost every costume..

On one mythic chest, i got 4 drops - 3 common pets, and a pet resource...worst draw ever. I was out of DMs so had to take it. So mad... I really dislike that anything pet related is even in the mix. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

On one mythic chest, i got 4 drops - 3 common pets, and a pet resource...worst draw ever. I was out of DMs so had to take it. So mad... I really dislike that anything pet related is even in the mix. 

I actually had a moment where I was alright with pets. I managed to get a protobud pet. Basically professor proteus’ little robot dude. Which is extremely cool. But still getting common and epic pets out of there (even legendary if they aren’t special, is extremely frustrating.) I have like 200 of every pet consumable and I’ve sold pet food and rerolls for the last year. Why on earth would they add pets to a payable chest and not make it the special cosmetic pets is beyond me. It feels like they added something in to really screw your over money wise. I’m a glutton for punishment and want certain things so I have done it to myself. But getting a common pet like the little propeller cat is a slap in the face, same with pet food and rerolls.. AND to put it in as an epic!? Just obsurdity.

@Jaws_420 quote:

Oh, now that’s just terrible. >.< 

I'd rather just buy the skins than gamble. I'm not a gambler. I spend money on guaranteed goods and services.

Yeah I want certain flairs. So I’ll save my DM for rerolls but they aren’t expensive to reroll too!

I agree that pets shouldn’t in the mix. Unless it’s rare pets likes protobud. 

Here is one idea:

• Percentage Pack = Every Mythic Pack (Purple) should have 3 items coming out not 4 .... BUT ... one of the items should have a 60 % chance to drop something you don't own, the second items should have a 30 % chance to drop something you don't own already, and the Third items is PET related 100 % 
@TMyth quote:

So if you’re like me, you have terrible RNG. I recently opened 38 mythic chests. I managed to get 6 new flairs and 3 character skins

Doing this method "Percentage Pack" will increase players loot far better ... so out of 38 Packs you should have 22 New items ... WITH THE WORST RNG possible ... and if there is any consolation ... someone could have even worst RNG than yours Emoji_Monk.png

@TMyth quote:

So if you’re like me, you have terrible RNG. I recently opened 38 mythic chests. I have a video of 30 cause my luck is hilariously spectacular to watch as I managed to pull not 1, not 2, not 3, but 12 duplicate legendaries out, a ton of pets, and all duplicate character skins but 3. I managed to get only like 6 new flairs and 3 character skins out of 38 mythic chests. Someone needs to stop my gambling cause it’s a cheat. I managed to get 40million gold. From duplicates.. I was averaging 1.5 mil on most every chest.

38 packs are a lot lol, I do agree you sometimes get a lot of duplicates but from Onslaught alone you can almost get one each floor you haven't done if I am correct,you would probably be better off using those gems to get inv bags/vaults and a skin or two you like, or a pack that they offer, the packs do need a rework though I agree, and recieving flair for heroes you don't have it also a big no-no

@TMyth quote:

I actually had a moment where I was alright with pets. I managed to get a protobud pet. Basically professor proteus’ little robot dude. Which is extremely cool. But still getting common and epic pets out of there (even legendary if they aren’t special, is extremely frustrating.) I have like 200 of every pet consumable and I’ve sold pet food and rerolls for the last year. Why on earth would they add pets to a payable chest and not make it the special cosmetic pets is beyond me. It feels like they added something in to really screw your over money wise. I’m a glutton for punishment and want certain things so I have done it to myself. But getting a common pet like the little propeller cat is a slap in the face, same with pet food and rerolls.. AND to put it in as an epic!? Just obsurdity.

Agreed. Yeah, that is the most frustrating part. The main item rarity of that def packs is something that you can easily obtain through regular gameplay. Totally downright frustrating indeed. Buying the Drakenlord Armor or the Grim Corsair is more worth the cash than risking with three mythical packs which has a chance to end up with dupes or pet stuffs. And the feeling is volatile, when you get something you want, it is quite a joy but when you get dupes and pet stuffs, it's horrible.

A solution to this is to have duplicates give a unique currency where you could accumulate to actually buy the stuff that you want. Or just make those items being able to be bought with gems.

Because of it's flawed system I rather depend on Onslaught for def packs but even I'm getting tired of doing that. If the def packs system been better, I would occasionally indulge myself with buying some mythical packs but I just dare not currently. I've already wasted 500 (or so?) gems on 10 powerful def packs and 200 on a epic def pack. Only one other epic pack I've bought gave me a plexus adept which makes it worth it. The former two cases is something I just regret.  I think I would just pay for the flairs I wanted now rather than depending on def packs. Hitting dupes and pet stuffs is just frustrating.

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

38 packs are a lot lol, I do agree you sometimes get a lot of duplicates but from Onslaught alone you can almost get one each floor you haven't done if I am correct,you would probably be better off using those gems to get inv bags/vaults and a skin or two you like, or a pack that they offer, the packs do need a rework though I agree, and recieving flair for heroes you don't have it also a big no-no

I have nothing left to get but flairs. I have max bags, vaults, mat vault, I have so many costumes I don’t know what to do with them at this point. The only thing left to get is flairs. So it’s a bit disappointing I’m left gambling for the last bit of stuff I need.

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

I have nothing left to get but flairs. I have max bags, vaults, mat vault, I have so many costumes I don’t know what to do with them at this point. The only thing left to get is flairs. So it’s a bit disappointing I’m left gambling for the last bit of stuff I need.

Flair is completely optional, its weird that you say "So it’s a bit disappointing I’m left gambling for the last bit of stuff I need." because you definitely don't need them lol, sure they are nice to have and look cool but you don't need to them you want them, and I think as a form of micro transaction the chest is decently balanced, basically you want to get brand new items each time you open the chest? Where is the fun and excitement in that? Same with 10/10 mod drops, if they were that common they wouldn't be that great?? This doesn't make any sense and It feels to me like a rant because you couldn't get all the pretty flair you "want to need".

If you are bored or don't have anything to do, go play Onslaught :P

And perhaps you should stop your gambling, because gambling just like in ANY other game is used as a currency sinker, not to mention that this is F2P and the devs need to manage the game somehow?

Wasting real money is not fun or exciting to me. If i spend gems on something and get nothing, that feels like a cheat to me, and one of the major reasons why loot boxes are banned in places. Free in-game currency...no problem, but not gems. 

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

Flair is completely optional, its weird that you say "So it’s a bit disappointing I’m left gambling for the last bit of stuff I need." because you definitely don't need them lol, sure they are nice to have and look cool but you don't need to them you want them, and I think as a form of micro transaction the chest is decently balanced, basically you want to get brand new items each time you open the chest? Where is the fun and excitement in that? Same with 10/10 mod drops, if they were that common they wouldn't be that great?? This doesn't make any sense and It feels to me like a rant because you couldn't get all the pretty flair you "want to need".

And perhaps you should stop your gambling, because gambling just like in ANY other game is used as a currency sinker, not to mention that this is F2P and the devs need to manage the game somehow?

The fact that your whole assumption is that I have no hours on the game, I’ve climbed on onslaught to floor 178 in 2 weeks, and also climbed someone else to floor 119 in 2 days. Not to mention prior to me starting my climb again I had reset just before taking a break from the game. So I went from campaign to c7 to floor 178 in 2 weeks with 100k gold to my name. I want all the cosmetics on the game. I don’t see why me wanting every cosmetic after spending as much as I have on the game. It really isn’t much to ask.  I’ve played this game since the pre alpha release and have nearly 6x your hours on the game. So until you’ve invested in at least 100 mythical loot boxes, I don’t want to hear you say they are balanced. 

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

The fact that your whole assumption is that I have no hours on the game, I’ve climbed on onslaught to floor 178 in 2 weeks, and also climbed someone else to floor 119 in 2 days. Not to mention prior to me starting my climb again I had reset just before taking a break from the game. So I went from campaign to c7 to floor 178 in 2 weeks with 100k gold to my name. I want all the cosmetics on the game. I don’t see why me wanting every cosmetic after spending as much as I have on the game. It really isn’t much to ask.  I’ve played this game since the pre alpha release and have nearly 6x your hours on the game. So until you’ve invested in at least 100 mythical loot boxes, I don’t want to hear you say they are balanced. 

My assumption!? What am I assuming lol, you are assuming that I am assuming. Also never said anything about how many  hours you have  on the game I said and I will quote word for word since you have trouble reading and understanding "f you are bored or don't have anything to do, go play Onslaught :P" that is all I said. Furthermore if you are bored still bored go play a other game, simple. Second of all you are avoiding what I said, Trendy isn't here to develop more or easier means for you to get what you want they are here to develop and make a great game, Its horrendous to want to change the loot boxes because you have an issue with it,  climbing to onslaught 178 in 2 weeks, what must i say? :clap_clap: congrats dude you have no life, honestly this thread is becoming toxic as hell, IT ISNT MUCH TO ASK?? You have no right to "ask" for every cosmetic after spending a few hundred hours on their game dude, this is ridiculous. You aren't entitled to anything and the only thing Trendy "owes" you is a great game which  I believe they have provided, they don't have to give you all the cosmetics because you want it, again if it getting ALL the cosmetics in <40 packs was possible they wouldnt have cosmetics left to give since everybody would have them all. Seeing that you have a lot of time and money to spend on the game, get to floor 999 and buy another 50 packs :D Then you should probably and hopefully have all the cosmetics, good luck in your adventures dude.

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

My assumption!? What am I assuming lol, you are assuming that I am assuming. Also never said anything about how many  hours you have  on the game I said and I will quote word for word since you have trouble reading and understanding "f you are bored or don't have anything to do, go play Onslaught :P" that is all I said. Furthermore if you are bored still bored go play a other game, simple. Second of all you are avoiding what I said, Trendy isn't here to develop more or easier means for you to get what you want they are here to develop and make a great game, Its horrendous to want to change the loot boxes because you have an issue with it,  climbing to onslaught 178 in 2 weeks, what must i say? :clap_clap: congrats dude you have no life, honestly this thread is becoming toxic as hell, IT ISNT MUCH TO ASK?? You have no right to "ask" for every cosmetic after spending a few hundred hours on their game dude, this is ridiculous. You aren't entitled to anything and the only thing Trendy "owes" you is a great game which  I believe they have provided, they don't have to give you all the cosmetics because you want it, again if it getting ALL the cosmetics in <40 packs was possible they wouldnt have cosmetics left to give since everybody would have them all. Seeing that you have a lot of time and money to spend on the game, get to floor 999 and buy another 50 packs :D Then you should probably and hopefully have all the cosmetics, good luck in your adventures dude.

I think you mixed up a few hundred hours with numerous hundreds of dollars on their game.

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

@TMyth quote:

I think you mixed up a few hundred hours with numerous hundreds of dollars on their game.

Again, it was *YOUR* choice to spend those "numerous hundreds of dollars" , it doesn't entitle you to make changes to the game just because you have spent some money on the game

@WiSHFuL quote:

And perhaps you should stop your gambling, because gambling just like in ANY other game is used as a currency sinker, not to mention that this is F2P and the devs need to manage the g

You call that balanced? And there's fun and excitement in that?? Sure, it's a pleasant feeling when you get something but have you tried buying them? And I mean a decent amount of them? A Dragonfall Carnival costume that cost around 200 gems is far more and I mean far more worth it than a single epic def pack that could possibly give you an infernal duplicate or those insufferable obtainable pet stuffs. And when you get those dupes and pet stuffs, how do you feel? I would've felt that I'm better off buying another costume.

You want to talk about balance? I'll say Heroes of the Storm's Loot box and Hearthstone card packs is sorta balanced. Got dupes? You'll be given a new currency that if you accumulate, you can work toward getting what you want. Now, that'll be worth indulging into.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@WiSHFuL quote:

And perhaps you should stop your gambling, because gambling just like in ANY other game is used as a currency sinker, not to mention that this is F2P and the devs need to manage the g

You call that balanced? And there's fun and excitement in that?? Sure, it's a pleasant feeling when you get something but have you tried buying them? And I mean a decent amount of them? A Dragonfall Carnival costume that cost around 200 gems is far more and I mean far more worth it than a single epic def pack that could possibly give you an infernal duplicate or those insufferable obtainable pet stuffs. And when you get those dupes and pet stuffs, how do you feel? I would've felt that I'm better off buying another costume.

You want to talk about balance? I'll say Heroes of the Storm's Loot box and Hearthstone card packs is sorta balanced. Got dupes? You'll be given a new currency that if you accumulate, you can work toward getting what you want. Now, that'll be worth indulging into.

Not entirely sure what this wishful guys angle is here. He’s obviously never bought any of these mythic packs to the extent that most of the outraged player base has. His angle is that apparently since the cosmetics aren’t required for play they can choose to give you items not worth a single penny as a reward out of a $5 box. I’m not seeing how he can hear himself. I’ve supported this game since it’s release and I personally will not show bias when I know they’ve implemented a terrible system which I have tried multiple times only to get more and more frustrated with. And this is the last time I spend money on those boxes. You want to guarantee me a skin for $15? Sure. You want to guarantee me a skin for $40? Sure. But no longer will I be wasting my money on cosmetic lottery tickets where the odds I get what I want are slim to none. Feels like I’m being willingly mugged for supporting their game. And since this person is obviously about the free to play bandwagon I’m sure he realizes that the game runs on micro transactions. And if he doesn’t, then he probably doesn’t understand players that play for free don’t help the game.. also to add on to what you mentioned about a duplicate giving you a new currency, if they were to add this in, would the players who have spent $300+ On their packs (if not more) be compensated? Because it’s hard to make a change like that after numerous people have been what feels like screwed out of their money. The funny part is though is I didn’t take the warning from these packs when they first came out. The very first time when I got pet items that we’re less than common. That were coming out as my mythical drop, that was my clue to stop buying them because whoever thought it a good idea was sadly mistaken.