Sign in to follow this  
Tolkmit

Shard Coins

Currently, higher Onslaught chests drop a C7 shard, a Campaign shard, and one random shard between the two. To make it less necessary to farm lower floors, at a certain Onslaught floor, I'd suggest having the chest just drop 3 shard coins (or whatever term) and then having a vendor in town/tavern where you can buy whichever level you prefer, one unidentified shard per coin. So if you are targeting a certain shard, instead of just afk farming lower level content, you can push Onslaught and just get shards from whichever chaos level you prefer.

I would certainly love any change that (at least) reduces the amount of lower chaos AFK farming required for shard guilding. I have been farming chaos 4 for weeks now just to get my first guilded defense rate shard. Shard dust helps, but still is too centered around the chaos difficulties and some form of universal currency or materials would be preferable. You can even call keep calling it dust if you want. just have each chaos level dust represent another value.

e.g. Campaign dust = 1 value, chaos 1 = 2 value, chaos 2 = 3 value ..... chaos 7 = 8 value

and have the cost to exchange them for unidentified shards also change

e.g Campaign dust costs 10, chaos 1 costs 20, chaos 2 costs 30 ..... chaos 7 = 80 value

This would at least make it more rewarding the play higher difficulties and promote it.

they should honestly just reduce the amount of shards needed to gild to like 4 or 5