Sign in to follow this  
super_slayan

which is better for earthshatter towers?

i was wondering if i should have a Power servo mod which gives my tower 4000 more def power or the Shatterquake mod which gives around 285k area earth damage for 8 seconds? 

does 4000 def power increase the attack by a lot because i was thinking of replacing it with shatterquake.

Generally speaking, I think the shatterquake mod is going to beat the pants off the power mod in terms of total damage done and overall usefulness. This is strictly due to the aoe  vs single target difference. 

@SELL SW0RD quote:

Generally speaking, I think the shatterquake mod is going to beat the pants off the power mod in terms of total damage done and overall usefulness. This is strictly due to the aoe  vs single target difference. 

but doesnt the earthshatter shard give it AOE?

Yes. 

The shatterquake mod is certainly not required. And, if you are only using this tower to hit single target bosses, then the power mod is probably better. But, in a general-every-lane-kind-of use, I found the shatterquake to be better in terms of total damage. 

I would go for anti-something. With 3 anti-something servos you can multiply your damage by 3.8. You might say "hey, i want to have a nice damage against all enemies" , but it's not all enemies that are a threat even in higher onslaught floors. Basically we have lady orcs, frost enemies and minibosses that are actually dangerous and you can counter them with anti-melee, anti-frost, anti-chaos, anti-miniboss, anti-orc. If you just want to farm a C7 i think melee-boom and/or shatterquake would be the best option here, i've placed a melee-boom in my FA's medallion and it can basically hold a lane even with 4 people in the room. 

@Whatever Gunwitch quote:

I would go for anti-something. With 3 anti-something servos you can multiply your damage by 3.8. You might say "hey, i want to have a nice damage against all enemies" , but it's not all enemies that are a threat even in higher onslaught floors. Basically we have lady orcs, frost enemies and minibosses that are actually dangerous and you can counter them with anti-melee, anti-frost, anti-chaos, anti-miniboss, anti-orc. If you just want to farm a C7 i think melee-boom and/or shatterquake would be the best option here, i've placed a melee-boom in my FA's medallion and it can basically hold a lane even with 4 people in the room. 

oh yeah i forgot about anti melee. i might have to throw that on instead. thanks 

Have they addressed the targeting issues with the ES?  I recall that it didn't shoot at mobs like Malthius which made for an expensive paperweight when he spawned on those lanes.

I think that is my major gripe with the defenses, many of them are extremely limited.  I have a kind of bland selection of defenses and those are the ones I know are going to hit anything that comes down the lane.

Target issue was fixed in last update.

I like ES for general AOE group damage, so Mass Destr. + DR + Pop-up shards work for me, combined with AOE + power + rate mods. Put a SGT nearby to pick off airborne enemies. Anything that survives that, i use a single target tower (LSA) that has the % multipliers on that to clean up Zerks and bosses and such. My 2 cents...

Only time I have a problem with Earthshatter towers is on the frosty lanes - there're just too many of the buggers moving too quickly for Earthshatter to cope.

EDITED shatterquake stacks 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Target issue was fixed in last update.

I like ES for general AOE group damage, so Mass Destr. + DR + Pop-up shards work for me, combined with AOE + power + rate mods. Put a SGT nearby to pick off airborne enemies. Anything that survives that, i use a single target tower (LSA) that has the % multipliers on that to clean up Zerks and bosses and such. My 2 cents...

He means earth toss lol, the knock up thingy. The doo dad thinger ma jigger

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Only time I have a problem with Earthshatter towers is on the frosty lanes - there're just too many of the buggers moving too quickly for Earthshatter to cope.

Also: never use Shatterquake. Its damage is averaged over its duration so it will always give you less DPS than pretty much any other mod you can think of using.

Shatterquake is a fantastic mod, yes its dmg is avged per second, but the effects stacks, they last 8-12 seconds per and one earthshatter can put a new one down every .75 seconds, add 2 or 3 est's and the aoe from shatterquake can kill bosses by itself. I use shatterquake, anti melee and anti miniboss on mine and nothing can stand up to them

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Also: never use Shatterquake. Its damage is averaged over its duration so it will always give you less DPS than pretty much any other mod you can think of using.

Shatterquake is a fantastic mod, yes its dmg is avged per second, but the effects stacks, they last 8-12 seconds per and one earthshatter can put a new one down every .75 seconds, add 2 or 3 est's and the aoe from shatterquake can kill bosses by itself. I use shatterquake, anti melee and anti miniboss on mine and nothing can stand up to them

Super informative. Did not know they stacked. That makes me wonder if the other mods do as well, ie the flame DOT the ram and the DOT from ballista and harpy. If so that could potentially be good as well at least for basic c7. Still wouldn’t shake a stick at it in onslaught.

@TMyth quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Super informative. Did not know they stacked. That makes me wonder if the other mods do as well, ie the flame DOT the ram and the DOT from ballista and harpy. If so that could potentially be good as well at least for basic c7. Still wouldn’t shake a stick at it in onslaught.

Its the only mod of its type that does stack, but its not enough dmg for high onslaught floors, but in anything lower than floor 150ish its an amazing mod.

@BABurrito69 quote:

@TMyth quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Its the only mod of its type that does stack, but its not enough dmg for high onslaught floors, but in anything lower than floor 150ish its an amazing mod.

I just broke through floor 164, so I wouldn’t really change my build now. But I’ve wanted to play around a bit with builds and start using my blazes again. But as far as it goes when I start using that tower I enjoy it but use it in every lane including cybork lanes (which half the time works good, but if they stand outside trigger radius my 65% tenacity doesn’t matter). Needless to say I would love to try ES. I have the shatterquake mod already just want to wait til the opportune moment.

It stacks?! God damn it dummy testing! 

Embermount Flames also stacks. 

EDIT 1: Lingering Hellfire now mysteriously works! Just not on dummies...

EDIT 2: Tested the Earthshatters with Shatterquake. They're really nice in non frosty/mob gallery lanes (2-3 per lane and you're done), but they simply cant handle the massive spawn rates + movement speed of those mob listings.