Sign in to follow this  
Rentard

I made a terrible mistake

Before my last AP reset, I had all my armor mods at level 7 or better.  Obviously, at the reset, all my armor was reset to campaign level, including the mods.

On this run, I am planning on pushing onslaught as high as I can.  I set aside all my heavy-modded gear until I got to the point I needed them and needed to upgrade them to usable C7 level.  Well, life took me away from the game for about 6 weeks.  Today was my first day to really play since that time.  I remembered that I wanted to push onslaught as high as I could.  However, I forgot where I stood with my gear.

Long story short, I moved all of my level 7+ mods to new C7 gear, forgetting that all those mods were now campaign level.  So all those campaign level high-end mods are now on C7 gear, and they are all now worthless.  All that grinding for good mods wasted.  We can't level up mods (campaign level to C7) separate from the gear, so there's nothing I can do aside from start over.

Just needed to vent.

Hey there!

If I am understanding correctly, if I am, upgrade the gear with motes / materials and you will regain the mods power and gears C7 power. 

This is the greatest pain points of resetting, you’re not alone. Again, if I am understanding correctly. 

Kambien

@Kambien quote:

Hey there!

If I am understanding correctly, if I am, upgrade the gear with motes / materials and you will regain the mods power and gears C7 power. 

This is the greatest pain points of resetting, you’re not alone. Again, if I am understanding correctly. 

Kambien

The problem is, the C1 mods where moved to new C7 gear before the mods/original gear was upgraded to C7.  Now the C1 mods are on C7 gear.  As far as I know, there's no way to upgrade the C1 mods once they are on C7 gear.

@Little Magic Hat quote:

OOoh nasty... but if it's any consolation, you don't need them to get through an AP reset. Just one more reset and you'll be back to having them at the right level :D

Yeah, only frustrating part is that I had done so much grinding to get my defense relics leveled up and ready to an ONS push.

I guess an alternative is to farm some campaign gear, move the mods to those, then level that gear up.

So frustrating.  I love all the new mechanics of this game, but there's a lot to remember that can bite you in the ass if you forget any of it.

So you ignored the warning the game gives you when transferring low mods to high gear on all your transfers? I know the warning is bugged but still... man what a derp. I still feel your pain tho. I have lots of good mods, if you see me ingame I´ll give them to you. But I guess it would be better for you to rush a new reset.

@MaJean quote:

So you ignored the warning the game gives you when transferring low mods to high gear on all your transfers? I know the warning is bugged but still... man what a derp

There's a reason the thread is titled "I made a terrible mistake" instead of "Trendy screwed me." 

i feel your pain ... but instead of farming Campain Relics and Move and Use Motes to get back to C7 ... it's better to do one reset, and upgrade those Relics.

Emoji_Monk.png

But ... if you want some good news ... Devs are Rethinking some aspects of AP Reset ... so they might allow us to save Relics from reset ... but it's just a hunch ... i don't want to Hype anything ... it's just my wish :)

@Xuhybrid quote:

Is it not possible to move them back to a campaign item?

Yes it is, at the cost of losing my the near perfect gear, loss of mats, and loss of coin.

@Rentard quote:

There's a reason the thread is titled "I made a terrible mistake" instead of "Trendy screwed me."  

Maybe it should be called "Trendy screwed me".  Why does such a terrible, counter-intuitive behavior even exist?

you cant put higher mod on lower gear but resetting brings ur gear down to c-0 so your free to move it once again

@Acenf quote:

you cant put higher mod on lower gear but resetting brings ur gear down to c-0 so your free to move it once again

ive had a C8 mod on a C7 piece of gear before. have no idea how i got it on there tbh, but it was before my first AP reset.