Sign in to follow this  
emilian

General Review

Hi all ... i know Elandrian saied:

I can’t wait to see all the feedback about it. How did you feel about our recent release of the Drakenlord? Let us know your thoughts in this thread!

But i want to give some suggestions overall so, new thread ... 

• I still love Ancient Temple, i just don't have enough of it ! ... So i will congratulate the Art team again after 1 year since it was introduced.
  • Comunities are just bringing the Hype up ... i can't wait for more interaction between Clans
  • The New map is so much welcome, we need many maps to roll on Onslaught, even if it's every 10 Floors as a challange.
  • Thank you for replay from wave, it is a real quality of life, now i don't have to be stressed about loosing time to rebuild (Onslaught higher Floors), it makes me enjoy more and more.
  • Make chat with colors, not long and page filling [GENERAL], at least make it [G] ... since no Comunity will ever have one letter ... and if you worry about color blind people you can have an icon for GENERAL and 5 other icon for each comunity (for example on this link)
  • Make Onslaught Progression faster for Veteran players ... i met an old player who wants to make a comeback in Leaderboards (as if he is not dominating the mastery leaderboards already ) ... but it's a bit pointless if someone is a good user of all heroes and all defences to put him to play through floor after floor .... it might a bit borring ... so to speed up the process ... so ... let us skip 1 floor if we use 50 % of DU and skip 2 floors if we use 30 % of DU (Ancient Temple and Drakenfrost are not skipable)
  • Background design like Pirate map, again i am amazed by Art Team, for the second time, i apreciate the design in the background ... most games focus on the map itself but not what is going on behind that ... in the background ... so let's just admire it.
PYYmaxv.jpg
  • The Tree in Town Hub is a nice present, at first i thought the drop chances are just like Onslaught Chests, Green 90 % Blue 8 % and Purple 2%, but in my second day i got a Purple Chest, and i got 5 Mythical until now ... and i have to say ... the chances seems to be 33 % ... so ... Thank you Trendy for this Christmas pressent.
  • Pets ability = Drenching Wave, the animation is awesome ... i keep one just for looks but the utility right now is not that great ... make it deal INSANE damage to Lava guys ... for example one lane is full of enemies (BLocade nearly destryed) and i want to swich to my character with this pet and BOOM ... alll Lava Guardians dead with 1 pet ability ( normal enemies will take less damage so i will have to manualy kill them ... so make specific Pets Abilities as a counter to specific types of mobs.
  • Anti Reset Gear = Here i am a bit split minded ... i want to have some Relics saved from reset ... but in the same time if you make Relics saved from reset it might become too easy and you loose too little ... but if you think this is usefull, this is my idea = let's invest some resources that we already have, for example we should be able to save from reset ONLY Chaos 8 Gear (this is equivalent with 10 Shards) than instead of using gold to actualy do the "procedure", we should use Experience ... instead of 2 Milion gold we will consume 500 Ascension lvls ... when you first read this it might seem too much for one Gilded Relic ... but .. do the math ... after reset 25 your minimum Ascension is 500 by deafult ... so i could "Gild" one Relic every reset (Theoretically) ... exept i don't have ANY C8 Amps and buying it expencive.
  • Mob Galery ... i like new lanes, this one got me one time ... i wasn't paying atention and it was full Cy lane, thank you for more variation ... it keeps us inventing beter and better strategies as a counter ... so keep those new lanes coming.
  • 2 Bilion Dmg or 2.30 = i wish you can add 2 didits after 2 Bilion damage ... because in higher Onslaught we might find it usefull to see if a defence did 3.50 B damage or it did 4.10 ... because this say i can decide if i need to readjust the position of that defence or replace it with another.
  • Diminishing Returns is a good adition to the game, and the Combo is finaly a new thing ... i saw people relying on Crushing Damage ... wich i fount cool at that time.
  • 20 DU for that World Tree makes it MUCH more versatile ... i liked Dryad before she was meta and now i have to say ... now i have more mobility in my nature placements... now i don't have to worry that it's a waste of DU to place a tree just for a single harpie to kill Roller Lanes.
  • DrakenLord mechanics are just spectacular ... i like the way you have to do damage ... it's not just pure DPS like 50 % of the bosses, you have to trigger a combo, Ignite Combo ... so it is a good job on you guys, thank you.
  • Power Transfer ... you nerfed it WAY too much ... i did the calculation and it's doing negative DPS ... i don't know about FULL crtitical builds but if i remeber corectly even Juice said it's a waste of slot in a video (it's better to use a garbage shard rather than PT) ... so ... when are you bringing it back ? i mean make it -5 % Defence Power when Fully Upgraded and -3 % when Fully Gilded

i Know Trendy reads all so i tried to keep as short as possible but there are some suggestion that i wanted to explain a bit more ... so Thanks for this nice Hollidays Update, and happy Defending ALL Emoji_Monk.png

@Eventualcrowd16PC quote:

Miss power transfer too...Dryad Trees are 25 DU and I really didn't notice a difference...Not much more I could do with the 10 DU left over from 2 trees.

dryad trees are 20

@emilian quote:let us skip 1 floor if we use 50 % of DU and skip 2 floors if we use 30 % of DU (Ancient Temple and Drakenfrost are not skipable)

Its always great to come up with ideas, but when you do you need to think about how to break them.  With this you are giving people the ability to use alt accounts or friends to power carry them through resets by using extremely OP gear to use little to no DU.

I don't know about the rest of the community or Trendy but I think our player numbers are already inflated by the use of alts because of trading. Using one or more alt account since mats and trading became a thing has gone up significantly just on sight, who knows how many go under the radar, I saw a group in town with the same name with very slight alterations, it was all one guy with 4 accounts. I wonder why he would need those.

@Exglint quote:

@emilian quote:let us skip 1 floor if we use 50 % of DU and skip 2 floors if we use 30 % of DU (Ancient Temple and Drakenfrost are not skipable)

Its always great to come up with ideas, but when you do you need to think about how to break them.  With this you are giving people the ability to use alt accounts or friends to power carry them through resets by using extremely OP gear to use little to no DU.

I don't know about the rest of the community or Trendy but I think our player numbers are already inflated by the use of alts because of trading. Using one or more alt account since mats and trading became a thing has gone up significantly just on sight, who knows how many go under the radar, I saw a group in town with the same name with very slight alterations, it was all one guy with 4 accounts. I wonder why he would need those.

I know I'm one of the people with all accounts because I can prepare a account to carry my main account through resets and get double to quadruple the rewards

@Exglint quote:

True ... i didn't think of that ... but what about this feature only works in Solo mode ?

• And one more idea that i forgot to mention is the Onslaught Flair reward ... it might be nice to have a flair waiting at Floor 200 than 330 than 570 ... so we have mroe incentive to climb.

Trendy wouldn't put out something that is restricted to solo only. They want us to play together and their bonuses are proving that in a big way. Even Onslaught isn't meant to be soloed :P

@Exglint quote:

Trendy wouldn't put out something that is restricted to solo only. They want us to play together and their bonuses are proving that in a big way. Even Onslaught isn't meant to be soloed :P

Yeah I gotta be honest, I was a 100% solo player up until that update with 99% bonus gold and xp with 4 players, it gives so much incentive to play with other people. I don't even bother solo farming anymore cause the difficulty isn't even enough to make it harder at this point and I get double the rewards and 6x the legendaries (which is really me just hoping a legend will drop with a 10/10 servo cause of extra loot). Overall I think it was a spectacular idea. Dungeon defenders has always been a group game. I can't think of a time on DD1 that I played solo. Always wanted to have friends to simplify things and make it faster to farm. Now this game is the same way.