Sign in to follow this  
Ajido

What are people doing/focusing on these days?

The last time I played this I had gotten my character to the point where it could start climbing Onslaught (pre-rework) floors, I think I got to 60 or 70 something and took a break from the game because the Onslaught rework was due "soon", I had done a bunch of Mastery stuff as well to unlock those shards. Coming back to the game now, I'm not really sure what I should focus on. I never did ancient power stuff, should I be looking to reset and doing that now, is there something better to do with my time? Also, I don't have a ton of gold at the moment (2 mil) so would resetting be a bad thing if I can't afford to upgrade my stuff back to Chaos 7?

First thing i would say is farm c7 and get gold. You need gold. If ya wanna reset it takes alot of gold (like 3 mil for your first few) Get a few gilded shards, def rate is on highest priority, and hoard all the motes you can. When your minimum ascension is higher than 250, than consider a reset or like 10. Also pushing as far as you can in onslaught is a fantastic way to go, getting a c8 amp or 2 is ez money. ez 6 mil, even goin as high as selling for 10mil. Also while 250 min ascen is the point i recommend, the higher your min ascension the better, mine is 1600, and its soo ez comin back from a fresh reset

i just sit around the heroes marketplace most of the day selling things since there’s not much incentive to do onslaught or AP

I agree with Super_slayan But if you are going Prestige then I agree with Burrito. You need Money and Motes, Personally I had about 1000 plain motes&Shiny  and Prestiged pretty fast. I also Would Recommend getting high on Onslaught to help with your Min Ascension, Like Burrito said it really helps. Unfortunately after this recent update it’s even harder to Prestige and would now even need more Motes and materials IMO good luck. 👍🏻

@Ajido quote:

The last time I played this I had gotten my character to the point where it could start climbing Onslaught (pre-rework) floors, I think I got to 60 or 70 something and took a break from the game because the Onslaught rework was due "soon", I had done a bunch of Mastery stuff as well to unlock those shards. Coming back to the game now, I'm not really sure what I should focus on. I never did ancient power stuff, should I be looking to reset and doing that now, is there something better to do with my time? Also, I don't have a ton of gold at the moment (2 mil) so would resetting be a bad thing if I can't afford to upgrade my stuff back to Chaos 7?

Do the gilded shards stay that way even after resets? 

When you say farm C7 for money, is it just vendoring items and maybe selling 10/10 mods I don't want to other players who will buy them? Or are there other ways of getting gold?

@Ajido quote:

When you say farm C7 for money, is it just vendoring items and maybe selling 10/10 mods I don't want to other players who will buy them? Or are there other ways of getting gold?

gilded shards will stay upgraded thro resets, and c7 gives decent gold by itself AND you can sell high lvl mods to players for a great profit, thats basically the best way 2 get gold atm, besides maybe farming plain motes to sell to resetters, but you will need  those plain motes tho..

Yes Gilded Shards stay Gilded and are extremely helpful with resets, Playing C7 and selling good stuff is the best way for quick easy money.  A couple C8 amps along with selling mods have helped me Prestige fast.

@Ajido quote:

Hey there,

I have been doing Onslaught and slowly climbing floors. Been doing a lot of Chaos 7 for mods. Spend equal time in the market always buying lower level materials (C1-C5). Haven’t touched AP resets because the material requirement is simply too much - even compared to every other game that has a reset or prestige type system. 

[Step up on soap box LOL]

They need to remove gear from being reset with AP resets. 

Other than this have grouped with several folks who are great to randomly see joining maps I am setting up and enjoying the chats. Really loving mods!

My two cents!

Kambien

@Kambien quote:

Hey there,

I have been doing Onslaught and slowly climbing floors. Been doing a lot of Chaos 7 for mods. Spend equal time in the market always buying lower level materials (C1-C5). Haven’t touched AP resets because the material requirement is simply too much - even compared to every other game that has a reset or prestige type system. 

[Step up on soap box LOL]

They need to remove gear from being reset with AP resets. 

Other than this have grouped with several folks who are great to randomly see joining maps I am setting up and enjoying the chats. Really loving mods!

My two cents!

Kambien

I 100% agree. Prestiging is supposed to make you be stronger but the time and money that you have to put in, mainly because of gear/relic resets, isnt worth it to most people. I havent reset due to the insane commitment and how little you improve in the end. Once i find my cap in onslaught, ill be making c8 gear so no turning back. Hopefully they overhaul it very soon.