Sign in to follow this  
Scorpion449

I now believe my mod cap for tenacity mod is 9/10

I really don't know what is happening but i feel my account is bugged. How is it possible that since mods was introduced that I have never seen a 10/10 tenacity mod? The maximum i have ever gotten is 9/10 and I got it 3 times and I really play a lot of DD2. Then since mod re-roll patch came out, am sure I have re-rolled up to 500 times and yet nothing. In the recent patch note, it was said that the chance to re-roll and get a 10/10 mod is greatly increased when the token is bought from another player. I did that today with about 100 tokens and I got 9/10 three times. Why, why why wont it reach 10/10 for God sake!!??. I know how RNG works but honestly, I think this must be a bug. For other mods I have gotten 10/10. Why are all the chances I have had to get a perfect tenacity always end up at 9/10??

I have seen at least 3 people telling me they've gotten about 2-3 of it and sometime they just gift it to a friend and probably these people don't even play onslaught and don't have a need for it. Me that I am only here for onslaught haven't gotten even 1. Its beginning to feel ridiculous. I don't even think I will be excited if I am wrong that its capped at 9/10 for me and 1 finally drops, I will be like this should be my 3rd or 4th perfect tenacity mod because I know how much time I have put into this game since mods were introduced. At this point I feel I deserve that mod now!!!

I know this is a stupid thing to complain about but in onslaught the most useful defenses are auras and traps so I don't know why this mod should be extremely rare like this. Or it could be that my account is bugged!! since others are getting it.

Those who have it, what map and what difficulty has the highest chance of dropping that mod? Or if someone has an extra one to sell, please sell it to me for 5,000,000. I am not super rich in the game. I have lost all hope in getting a perfect one.

@DashingSonic23 quote:

You can’t get 10/10 tenacity without upgrading it to Chaos 8.

Yes you can. 10/10 tenacity in c7 is 95% then when you upgrade to c8 is 100%. Right now I have 9/10 which is 69.5% if i upgrade to c8 would be 74.5%.

Oops. You can get 10/10 from reroll too. If you don’t get 10/10 with 285 mod rerolls. There is supposedly a guarantee where you will get 10/10 on the 286th reroll. 

Good luck! You want that tenacity bad :)

@Scorpion449 quote:

@DashingSonic23 quote:

You can’t get 10/10 tenacity without upgrading it to Chaos 8.

Yes you can. 10/10 tenacity in c7 is 95% then when you upgrade to c8 is 100%. Right now I have 9/10 which is 69.5% if i upgrade to c8 would be 74.5%.

I guess we share the bad luck Scorpion! Though I made a 10/10 tenacity with just 20 rerolls before the latest patch, and now I'm getting close to that 286th re-roll Dashing has informed us about...

@Little Magic Hat quote:

I guess we share the bad luck Scorpion! Though I made a 10/10 tenacity with just 20 rerolls before the latest patch, and now I'm getting close to that 286th re-roll Dashing has informed us about...

At least you've gotten one. Ive rerolled a lot of times and still got nothing

I managed to re-roll two Tenacity from 1/10 into 10/10 and it took about 250-300 rolls each, so I'm sure that that 280 something number should be relatively accurate.  

Also, I can't confirm whether this happens every time or not, but Tenacity rolled to 8 and 9 before tey rolled to 10 (so that might be an indicator that you are close to a pity 10 roll).

ive only gotten 1 perfect tenacity it was from onslaught floor 31 and ive also played alot so i know how bad rng can be / good luck getting one 

1. If you play dd2 that much you should be able to afford buying one from an other player 

2. You say you rerolled 500 times, but if it wasn't in a row on the same mod it's useless 

3. Never got a max tenacity myself so not like you are a special case, just deal with it by farming reroll tokens like the rest of us ;)

4. Asking someone to sell one to you for 5 m ...that's just low. Max tenacity is hard to get, why would anyone just give it to you ? Just because you are complaining on forum ? 

5. You just need one max tenacity mod anyway so what if it is harder to get ? Gives you something to work toward

Farm it up. Good things are worth going for. I’ve used at least 300 rerolls myself with no luck. It’s not just you. Just keep going and it will come. They said it would be easier to get cause it’s target farming one servo. So essentially it’s like every time you reroll you’re getting a new drop.

@Zombiewookie quote:

2. You say you rerolled 500 times, but if it wasn't in a row on the same mod it's useless 

do i have to reroll a mod 285 times at once? What if i reroll 50 times and logout, login and reroll on the same mod, does it count?

@Scorpion449 quote:

@Zombiewookie quote:

do i have to reroll a mod 285 times at once? What if i reroll 50 times and logout, login and reroll on the same mod, does it count?

It doesn't need to be at one time, I was doing it in groups of about 40 tokens at a time and I definitely logged out multiple times before I finished re-rolling.   But, I was re-rolling a single mod at a time (so, I don't know if re-rolling multiple mods at once has an effect or not).

lol literally everyone in here who said even a single Tenacity is required for anything is way wrong. Where did that even come from?

@Exglint quote:

lol literally everyone in here who said even a single Tenacity is required for anything is way wrong. Where did that even come from?

It is required!! except you don't play onslaught

@Scorpion449 quote:

@Exglint quote:

lol no it's not required, just don't place your damn auras in a Cy-Frost orc lane dummy

@Scorpion449 quote:

@Exglint quote:

I mean I would agree except for the fact that I went from 58-74 last night and even accidentally used a campaign relic on one of my defenses from 63-74 and was still not having any issues xD

@Exglint quote:

@Scorpion449 quote:

@Exglint quote:

I mean I would agree except for the fact that I went from 58-74 last night and even accidentally used a campaign relic on one of my defenses from 63-74 and was still not having any issues xD

I went from 64 to 90 in the last week, without any Tenacity on any relic I have, just using different towers works. That's the whole reason for onslaught's randomness and mutators.

@Exglint quote:

@Scorpion449 quote:

@Exglint quote:

31-129 in 1 week and 3 days without a tenacity or a single piece of c8 gear, no gilded shards, and really crappy servos (3-5 for most). Tenacity and perfect gear is not required at all, just some basic ass c7 gear and a good setup.

@Growlith1223 quote:

floor 126, 1 AP. no problems with or without tenacity. if you think tenacity is required then you aren't thinking at all.

Am  at floor 145, I don't use any tenacity mod, but I know how much easier things would be if I had one. I think everyone knows that

@Scorpion449 quote:

@Growlith1223 quote:

floor 126, 1 AP. no problems with or without tenacity. if you think tenacity is required then you aren't thinking at all.

Am  at floor 145, I don't use any tenacity mod, but I know how much easier things would be if I had one. I think everyone knows that

That is the point.  There isn’t a reason to have one. Same as anything else. It’s not required to advance. Same with buyable characters. It’s not you need them. It just makes it easier. Most people want a cheese build for onslaught where enemies have like 10x the hp. And frankly it just doesn’t happen that way. 

@Exglint quote:

@Scorpion449 quote:

@Exglint quote:

To be fair though man you do have a ton of OP gear lol. I gave a better “you have no excuse”. Plus you’re not the average player either. Unsure if you used it in your climb, but with that gear you have you could legit probably ignore the modifiers to an extent on that low of a floor

1. Reaching low floors without it doesn't mean anything. Later on you want 1 max tenacity relic, it is simply more efficient. 

2. Luuk that comment about not placing auras in cy-frost lane just shows your lack of understanding of the game. This has no relation whatsoever to tenacity since the mod doesn't protect from frost orcs. Also flame auras correctly set-up are one of the best defense in cy-frost lanes because it already deals fire damage. (double damage to frost mobs)