Sign in to follow this  
Martin Arcainess

Make Barricades great again!

So a little feedback on making Barricades great again!

My suggestions are:

1. Barricades health get restored every wave.

So one of the things I see people say about Barricades is the extra mana required to repair them as they do take not a lot of mana to repair but still later onslaught floors I can see this draining must have mana!

2. Kobolds targetable!

So I notice Kobolds don't crash into them? They be a good kobold soaker.

3. Damage reduction or damage cap

So another thing people say is it's pointless to have Barricades in later floors as they get 1 or 2 shots. So I think a damage cap where the max amount of damage the Barricade can take, 3-5%? per hit from enemies or give it or from acention points a % damage reduction we can put points into.

What else do you guys reccomend?

I don't think your first suggestion would ever go through, I'd rather have to repair them myself as it is an action that is also done during the round, but the other ideas are great.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

So one of the things I see people say about Barricades is the extra mana required to repair them as they do take not a lot of mana to repair but still later onslaught floors I can see this draining must have mana!

Kobolds not being an intellectual mob, I don't think they should ever run around a barricade which currently is all I see them do.

As regard to the damage reduction, I do believe they should add in mods that only work for blockades where it reduces the amount of damage taken from certain enemies. Similar to the mods that increase our hero's damage and defense's damage to certain enemies. It would be a great fix that not only would get people to simply use barricades more, but use more than one kind of barricade through out the map.

I don't want my barriers auto repaired as it's a nice flag to me that the lane is failing if the barrier is getting hit often.

There should be some damage reduction MODS as suggested and maybe increase the aggro they draw like a provoke servo (A rude graffiti servo ).

This is a goblin and orc hoard we are fighting they should be dumb and attack the big spikey barrier that has orcs suck written on it or a picture of an elven princess!

Also I want my arcane barriers to have the old meteor shower attack like back in pre-alpha it looked sexy and did good kill numbers. 

@Defenso quote:

I don't want my barriers auto repaired as it's a nice flag to me that the lane is failing if the barrier is getting hit often.

There should be some damage reduction MODS as suggested and maybe increase the aggro they draw like a provoke servo (A rude graffiti servo ).

This is a goblin and orc hoard we are fighting they should be dumb and attack the big spikey barrier that has orcs suck written on it or a picture of an elven princess!

Also I want my arcane barriers to have the old meteor shower attack like back in pre-alpha it looked sexy and did good kill numbers. 

Yeah, it's a nice way but you can easily see it during combat when you notice a Barricade go red or yellow but given the choice of extra mana to upgrade your defense over repairing a barricade that if it really was in trouble but end up wasting all that mana.

@Dakudorogon quote:

I don't think your first suggestion would ever go through, I'd rather have to repair them myself as it is an action that is also done during the round, but the other ideas are great.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

Kobolds not being an intellectual mob, I don't think they should ever run around a barricade which currently is all I see them do.

As regard to the damage reduction, I do believe they should add in mods that only work for blockades where it reduces the amount of damage taken from certain enemies. Similar to the mods that increase our hero's damage and defense's damage to certain enemies. It would be a great fix that not only would get people to simply use barricades more, but use more than one kind of barricade through out the map.

The only issue with this it should either be a Def Melee or and a Def Range mod otherwise if you just had the 1 melee mob the range mobs would destroy it. 

With the damage reduction it affects all damage.