Sign in to follow this  
Defenso

Drakenfrost onslaught fun & games.

Ok just cleared this on floor 109 solo and my god its a pain in the ass. 

Ok I get the incursion styled play as active hero which I thought ok I can handle this it's only 2 times a wave that dragon boy comes down to mess with me ... what could go wrong?.

Headstrong assassins that's what, get over here to re-light the flames oh but wait you have one of these gits latched on and no way to remove them So just sit back and watch the map fail.

Throw into the mix a Bastille master who arrived right at the same time as dragonlord and decided to active her force field and take out the defenses in that lane while I was lighting the torches... I get over to her as she breaks the last barrier before the Crystal but unfortunately so does an assassin so I get the indignity of being bound up as she then decides to shield up and destroy me and then wreck the core.

Finally get through wave 5 replay and before I can assess the damage the boss is approaching but from what lane? 

I had not the time to see and on ps4 in onslaught things get messy and overlap when viewing lane schedule so I guess middle but he comes out the side lane and bubbles up killing me once, and then I kid you not I catch him at the main core and lay into him with about 1 million HP left I get assassined again GG.

Next replay I got the frosty *** early and won but seriously this was not fun it might be in a team but onslaught progression is a solo man's game.

Now if you took out the flying lanes or just removed assassins from headstrong mutator pools it would be bearable and maybe a fun challenge but these guys ruin it as you are just paralysed out in the open and they can kill most heroes off before unlatching. 

I like the new map on incursion, but i definitely think a map that requires you to have to use your character for something important, should not have a mob that literally makes it impossible to do anything with your character.

Take out assassins for sure they ruin it.

Also noticed that as I died a lot that the 10/10 last stand chip does not work at all, tested it again against a single punch from plaguing hulk and a triple tnt kobold and both times on shot dead no fancy animation or life recovery (Should be 95%)  so I guess that's another bug found in the new update.

Here lies the problem. I did play the map outside of onslaught to see what it was like. I put up a bunch of angry nimbus and hit start. 3 more people joined and I will say it was a fun map.

In the beginning I used to play onslaught only solo. Now I just click start and open up public matches. I'll be lucky if someone joins in the now 24+ floors (5+ hours of game play).

Then you get this map that's gated, and at my skill level requires more people to play? I went though that process with Lost Temple already figuring out how to solo it so that I wouldn't get stuck hoping for help....Not interested in doing it again right now when there are so many other time wasting activities I have to go through as part of a reset.

@Defenso quote:

this was not fun it might be in a team but onslaught progression is a solo man's game.

@Defenso quote:

it's only 2 times a wave that dragon boy comes down to mess with me ... what could go wrong?.

Headstrong assassins that's what !    get over here to re-light the flames oh but wait you have one of these gits latched on and no way to remove them So just sit back and watch the map fail.

Good Point ... i am only resetting now but i can understand the pain + imagine that at Floor 500 Emoji_Monk.png

@Eventualcrowd16PC quote:

Here lies the problem. I did play the map outside of onslaught to see what it was like. I put up a bunch of angry nimbus and hit start. 3 more people joined and I will say it was a fun map.

In the beginning I used to play onslaught only solo. Now I just click start and open up public matches. I'll be lucky if someone joins in the now 24+ floors (5+ hours of game play).

That's the real problem with onslaught there in the fact that it is a solo grind. I am on floor 112 on ps4 and that puts me around 50th on the leaderboards so there are only 50 players globally that could join my game any way as I am pretty sure anyone with lower floor progress can't join me a few times I've left it public and no one joins... a good PSN friend is on mid 80s can tried join but got rejected by matchmaking. I tried putting in my alt account in couch co-op and that threw us both out the game to the start menu.

So if I needed help I'd have to hope one of those 50 better players feels like jumping in and helping a scrub - and there's no reason for them to do it and especially if the floor ends in 4 or 9 lol.

Maybe with the planned updates and community things Trendy could change it so groups and friends with different onslaught progression could play together and all be awarded progress, I mean if you are on 80 and clear 110 with a friend you should move forward in progress. 

Biggest problem are the gating levels as to how that would effect individual progress and the insane enemy HP scaling in multiplayer which might make higher floors unbearable. 

@Defenso quote:

@Eventualcrowd16PC quote:

That's the real problem with onslaught there in the fact that it is a solo grind. I am on floor 112 on ps4 and that puts me around 50th on the leaderboards so there are only 50 players globally that could join my game any way as I am pretty sure anyone with lower floor progress can't join me a few times I've left it public and no one joins... a good PSN friend is on mid 80s can tried join but got rejected by matchmaking. I tried putting in my alt account in couch co-op and that threw us both out the game to the start menu.

So if I needed help I'd have to hope one of those 50 better players feels like jumping in and helping a scrub - and there's no reason for them to do it and especially if the floor ends in 4 or 9 lol.

Maybe with the planned updates and community things Trendy could change it so groups and friends with different onslaught progression could play together and all be awarded progress, I mean if you are on 80 and clear 110 with a friend you should move forward in progress. 

Biggest problem are the gating levels as to how that would effect individual progress and the insane enemy HP scaling in multiplayer which might make higher floors unbearable. 

Yup, I remember there were a few friends I made along the way that didn't take the reset route. They would be like hey man you want to play and I would be like sorry, in the middle of a reset so can't join you on your floor. Different friends, different times, same answer...Now I see them on the friends lists playing other games..don't even bother with DD2 anymore.

Edit: Funny you mentioned the floor 4 or 9 too...Sometimes I jump down to the 30s cause that's the only place I really see multi-players in Onslaught...but even at that level if I see a floor 4 ending in 4 or 9, I saw see-ya :) If Onslaught gave defender medals I would be golden..would just rely on mutators to give a different feel and be happy :)

hello, i think too

the onslaught is a pleasure, but this map is really a wall !

1/ we MUST have a oil fire weapon, i dont like this cause thats not a choice

2/ too many oil fire vases to monitor

3/the graduation of difficulty is bad, i explain : my level is 80 in onslaught and lvl49 is already for me a world war 2 and after lvl 50 is so easely...

Sorry if i'm frustrated but i love so this game :)

You can get away with the "burning strikes" shard for lighting the fires if you don't want to spec out a new one with fire chips - thankfully.

I don't even think it would be possible if you had to run and get the fire/Oil from the little pathway at the back to re-light the flames on onslaught.

When I get this next time I am going to reroll until there is no headstrong assassins and see how it plays with out them and I bet you it will be much better (but still hectic 😂)..... or just grind for 100s of hours for a few perfect tenacity mods.

ok thx for the clue "burning strike"  ;)

but we are agree : assassins + dragon + oil + fire + omega wave : thats too much for a level in onslaught in solo game

Well i must be a little crazy I do like the change for a few reasons. I my self prefer to run around and DPS  anyway I'm not a huge fan of afk play. So that aspect doesn't bother me to much.  Really only because it's something different.

But I do agree and have been rather irritated with the constant headstrong flyer lanes. On a map the requires most people to play actively it just doesn't seem even slightly fair to completely disable a player at all in any fashion.

The requirement for  the boss being lit on fire should be revisited. OK sure give it bonus damage or even  make it normal damage but don't completely nullify all other damage types. I'd be OK if normal damage did 25% of what the oil/fire combo does. Give players the ability to build as they want not as required. Not everyone likes playing with cookie cutter builds.

I like active play as well, I usually enjoy getting stuck in with my Barbarian even though the lane can probably be held down by defenses any way. I currently don't think the map should be removed just balanced better.

I'll usually play a short burst of maps as I don't have the joys of double screen or window mode on PlayStation to while away the waves like some of the PC crowd so am yet to get to floor 119 to have an other go yet.

All the fails from my experience came as a result of assassins except when I did not see where the boss was spawning so ended up getting frost bubbled one time.

Having absolutely no counter to deal with a mob whilst expecting us to run around the map is stupid.... I know you can maybe build a good old C5 kill box to help with them which is good but only if that does not get frozen solid as I don't have perfect tenacity mods , or a boss that requires attention spawns.... we know assassin spawn in at the same time as bosses and the freeze breath attack to specifically mess you up while you are trying to deal with those problems.

We are not exactly blessed with a lot of DU for this 8 lane plus 2 flying lane map to build in a bunker or 2 to wait out assassins attacks.

And if that is what the gameplay is going to be moving forward essentially hiding in a bunch of defenses and sniping the braziers from range..... then f that as that is less active than my usual game style!. 

All good ideas. Let's see what Trendy does. Till then, I'm staying on the sidelines and getting more active in other games that I haven't played since DD2 dominated my game list. Hopefully they do something to move it back to #1.

Some tips from a climber : 

-There are spots in the map where defenses don't get frozen at all, play around with that so you still have damage up to stall even after dragon freeze 

-If you have a 100% tenacity relic c8 it doesn't get frozen (if you are pushing you can do that, just doesn't work for ap reset) 

-Burning strike is the only thing I use to clear the map (it is godly, requires no change in set-up) at high floors you'll mostly want hero damage and hero hp to survive longer anyway

-For headstrong assassins either play barbarian and use turtle stance or reroll the map entirely (there are only 2 flyers lane so chances of getting headstrong aren't that bad) 

-If you use a ranged character you can light all braziers without moving around much 

-Be careful toward the end , game loves to throw a Megawave at you (defenses won t clear alone , need some hero help) 

So overall map needs adapting and is harder than normal floors for sure, but honestly lost temple can sometimes be more challenging. Since IT IS a gated floor that difficulty is to be expected ;)